It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 How to Catch Lugia in 8 Easy Steps (SoulSilver) 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

1. Send out a high level Pokemon that knows False Swipe. I used my Gliscor.

2. Spam False Swipe untill Lugia has 1 HP.

3. Keep you Pokemon alive untill Lugia uses up all its PP for Hydro Pump and Aeroblast (5 each).

4. Switch out to a Dark Type with a Paralysis or Sleep induceing move. It will be safe because the only other offensive move Lugia knows is Extrasensory.

5. Use that move.

6. Spam your Ultra or Dusk balls.

7. Put Lugia asleep again if nessasary.

8. Get it.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

**Soulsliver Only.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
It's alright...but I'm against using sleep during encounters like this but don't mind using paralysis as an alternative to avoid fainting it with burn, poison or confuse though...good work...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{lugia} In HeartGold, Lugia is at lv70, isn't it?
At lv70, Lugia knows Aeroblast, Punishment, AncientPower and Safeguard. You might want to bring in a Steel-type with good Special Defence, as it will resist all of Lugia's offensive moves. Alternatively, use any Pokemon with very high Special Defence, a sleep-inducing or paralysing move and possibly a healing move.
Be wary of Safeguard! It makes it more difficult to use sleeping moves to capture Lugia.
(Also, despite Lugia's preferred habitat at the bottom of the sea, Dive Balls will be as useless as regular Poke Balls.)

{ho-oh}....And what about Ho-oh?
Well, to take it down in HeartGold, the best course of action would be this:
1. Bring along a Pokemon with good Attack and Special Defence, with a sleeping move and False Swipe
2. Put Ho-oh to sleep and bring its HP down to 1
3. Switch to a Blissey with Sing/Thunder Wave and Softboiled, or similar (you need a special sponge for this one!)
4. Subject Ho-oh to a barrage of Ultra or Dusk Balls
5. If you're using sleep to make it easier to catch, you'll need to put it back to sleep when it wakes up. If you're using paralysis, you may need to soft-reset if Ho-oh runs out of PP
6. Keep going until Ho-oh finally succumbs. Gotcha!

At lv70 in SoulSilver, Ho-oh also knows Safeguard, Punishment, AncientPower and its signature move (Sacred Fire). Unlike Lugia, however, Ho-oh at lv70 can counter Steel types with its signature move.
Again, you'll need a Pokemon with high Special Defence and a sleeping or paralysis move, and preferably a healing move as well.

...At least, that's the technique I'll be using.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I used an spiky-eared Pichu with a Focus Sash to paralyze it, and then spammed False Swipe with my Gallade until it was down to 1 HP, switched to a Palkia I brought over from Diamond, and then threw endless Ultra Balls. The first time, it ran out of PP and fainted from using struggle :(

BTW, does the Focus Sash only have two charges or something? I couldn't find it after another battle where it was used.

Shameless Self Advertisement?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:42 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Someguyfromcrowd wrote:
I used an spiky-eared Pichu with a Focus Sash to paralyze it, and then spammed False Swipe with my Gallade until it was down to 1 HP, switched to a Palkia I brought over from Diamond, and then threw endless Ultra Balls. The first time, it ran out of PP and fainted from using struggle :(

BTW, does the Focus Sash only have two charges or something? I couldn't find it after another battle where it was used.

Good Stradegy & no the Focus Sash shouldn't dissappear after any amount of uses or even when the opponent uses Knock Off...it's just that it only works once in a single battle then it's a done deal til afterwards...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]