It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 HG/SS likes and dislikes 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aexster wrote:
Dislikes:
-More frequent random battles.

I noticed this too, but if you walk through grass instead of running/bike the encounter rate is greatly reduced.

I like the new game corner game, but getting coins absolutely sucks.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
MasterChef wrote:
I like the new game corner game, but getting coins absolutely sucks.

I had the same opinion regarding the Game Corner...I just gave up cause I kept losing at Lv3 & then eventually losing so bad that I got dropped back to Lv1...on multiple occasions...so I just said forget it at 500 & something coins...too hard...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dislike the new rating system for the bug catching contest. how can a scyther lose to a caterpie? anyone?

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
So far I'm pretty neutral about most things, but I do have one major dislike: Goldenrod Game Corner. Coins take forever to get, the game is incredibly hard to do at all well on (you should just keep the coins you've gotten so far when you flip a Voltorb) and you can't buy coins. And since Game Freak didn't realize this, getting a Silk Scarf takes hours.

Aside from that, though, I don't really have any qualms, or things that really stand out. I guess I like the Pokemon following you, but it's not that big of a deal. I'd be really surprised if they didn't do that with all the new games from now on. PLus some Pokemon look really lame when following you. Example: Onix.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

haga11111 wrote:
So far I'm pretty neutral about most things, but I do have one major dislike: Goldenrod Game Corner. Coins take forever to get, the game is incredibly hard to do at all well on (you should just keep the coins you've gotten so far when you flip a Voltorb) and you can't buy coins. And since Game Freak didn't realize this, getting a Silk Scarf takes hours.

Aside from that, though, I don't really have any qualms, or things that really stand out. I guess I like the Pokemon following you, but it's not that big of a deal. I'd be really surprised if they didn't do that with all the new games from now on. PLus some Pokemon look really lame when following you. Example: Onix.

Great example...Onix looks very bad & is scaled wrong...Oh & you should probably just wait for your Mother to give you a Silk Scarf once she saved enough of your money following a battle...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The silk scarf was just an example. I couldn't care less about the silk scarf itself.

Oh, and I'm never letting that woman get her grubby paws on my money.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Rare berries were mentioned and I gave in... :D

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

haga11111 wrote:
The silk scarf was just an example. I couldn't care less about the silk scarf itself.

Oh, and I'm never letting that woman get her grubby paws on my money.

Oh okay...example, I see...haha, she already owns my fortune...plus I would love to get items like Muscle Band practically free...see your point though...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dislikes: None so far

Last edited by Manaphy10 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Okeydokey then. I respect the opinions of people who like HGSS enough that I wrote an entire fucking walkthrough for the game, but apparently the people who subscribe to the cult of HGSS can't respect my opinion of not liking them without going on a long and unnecessary rant about how I'm "prejudiced" and "ignorant" and taking the game too "seriously" just because I wrote out a detailed list of what I LIKED and DISLIKED about the game in a discussion topic.

Great! ^_^

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Manaphy10, what it comes down to is respecting others' opinions, not rebutting them, especially in this thread when it's a topic of like and dislike.

I haven't played the game yet so I can't really say what I like and dislike about it in detail, but...

I like how it's a remake, because I've always wanted one after FRLG. And I like how the first pokemon follows you, even though it's just a sell out of Yellow version.

But I dislike how they put in legendary Hoenn/Sinnoh events, the Battle Frontier copy and paste from Platinum, and the Safari Zone, when they could've just as easily gave Kanto the Sevii Islands to make Kanto seem longer and less dull, and maybe added Johto with more bonus stuff.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
Okeydokey then. I respect the opinions of people who like HGSS enough that I wrote an entire fucking walkthrough for the game, but apparently the people who subscribe to the cult of HGSS can't respect my opinion of not liking them without going on a long and unnecessary rant about how I'm "prejudiced" and "ignorant" and taking the game too "seriously" just because I wrote out a detailed list of what I LIKED and DISLIKED about the game in a discussion topic.

Great! ^_^
lol, its okay frost. the walkthrough has been a great help so far. anyways i hated the pokemon ranger games. just cuz its a pokemon game doesnt guarantee it'll be great. :D

Manaphy10 wrote:
Tsk tsk, guys.
Tsk tsk, manaphy. that was a bit harsh considering this is a thread titled "HG/SS likes and dislikes" and as far as i know, frost IS entitled to an opinion, which he CAN express here, am i wrong?

Last edited by Ryder on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I pretty much agree with all of frost's points, but i like the fact that it's a remake (what were you expecting? A whole new game titled Gold and Silver? That makes no sense), I always loved the original GSC games but felt that the age of it was a bit distracting at times.
I hate the new music and the new female character and when I found that you can't BUY COINS BUT INSTEAD MUST SPEND HOURS JUST TO GET 500 AND YOU WANT 10,000...brix were shat. Then shat again when the same thing happened in Kanto.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ender wrote:
Then shat again when the same thing happened in Kanto.

You mean... getting coins is impossible even in Kanto? :(

I just found a new like: The Dowsing MCHN. It's so convenient. :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Personally I hated the game. I found it to be nothing like the original GSC. What the heck is GTS and why is it in a town like Goldenrod city? :?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
What the heck is GTS and why is it in a town like Goldenrod city? :?
lol, have you played any of the DPPt games? GTS=Global Trading Station. its in goldenrod cuz thats the biggest city in johto just like jubilife was the biggest city in sinnoh and had a GTS. so that you can trade with other people anywhere in the world? just put up a pokemon on offer and check back in a coupla days and someone probably traded the pokemon you requested for the pokemon you put on offer. :D i love it!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yep! You cannot buy coins anywhere! FUN! While I admit that i enjoy the game corner voltorb game (it's much like sudoku), I just don't feel like playing that one game game for hours.

Gamefreak should have added more of a variety to the games or made the winnings about 100x bigger for the gamecorner to be worth anything in HGSS...

Last edited by Ender on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, it's fun and all, the winnings just aren't high enough. It reminds me of kakuro (it's like a combination of sudoku and crossword puzzles- it's a lot of fun.)

Oh, and 100x is a bit much. You could get one of the big TMs after just 3-4 games. :P

I might play a bit more later so that I can get Swords Dance for my Sandslash, but aside from that I have no intent to play that game for anything more than fun. Unfortunately, this means no Ice Beam for Slowking (unless you can find it somewhere in Kanto, or if I just trade it over from Platinum or Pearl...)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

or if you have a ds or ds lite, MIGRATION :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't think I'm far enough into LG or Emerald to have Ice Beam.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ah. ok. i thought it was a prize at the game corner. yeah, it is a prize at the game corner, lol. in FR/LG, when you first get to cerulean city, for the first time, and battle the people on the nugget bridge, go to the pokecenter and deposit all of your pokemon except for a level 2 rattata or pidgey or something weak like that. then go talk to the team rocket guy who gives you a nugget. he'll give you the nugget, then battle you. you'll lose, but you keep the nugget, go back talk to him again, get another nugget, lose, and so on so forth, for however long you want. i did it til i had 99 nuggets, then progressed through the story, set for life as far as money goes. i sold some nuggets whenever i needed some money. i bought my coins from the game corner and stocked up on the prize pokemon and items, lol. it frustrates me i cant do the same in Heart Gold. oh well.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I know I'm past that, and I meant without Game Corner. I'm near or past the Game Corner in both (if my memory serves me correctly) but I really hate the game corner. I've always hated the game corner, it's just that HGSS takes my hatred of it to a whole new level.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. i went into the game corner, found out you could no longer buy coins, and left. i didnt even try the new game corner game, XD the game corner is dead to me now.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:57 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

haga11111 wrote:
Well, I know I'm past that, and I meant without Game Corner. I'm near or past the Game Corner in both (if my memory serves me correctly) but I really hate the game corner. I've always hated the game corner, it's just that HGSS takes my hatred of it to a whole new level.

This very much...well, the Sinnoh Game Corner at least gave you some help once you got a match...but that was still torture...

Ryder wrote:
lol. i went into the game corner, found out you could no longer buy coins, and left. i didnt even try the new game corner game, XD the game corner is dead to me now.

Hey, I didn't even know it was the actual Game Corner the first time I went in there...I left & looked everywhere in Goldenrod for the actual one then just decided to enter it again & check around only to find out it was a stupid *** card game...yeah that's fun...I hated the GSC Game Corner games the most til I played this game & wouldn't you know it, I now find this one the worst...I can't even get past lv. 3...ever...

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
This very much...well, the Sinnoh Game Corner at least gave you some help once you got a match...but that was still torture...
My problem with the sinnoh game corner was that i got so bored after awhile with picking the reel to stop that the clefairy pointed to. i got bored after earning maybe five thousand coins by simply picking the reel clefairy pointed at. it gets REALLY repetitive after awhile. so yeah, i didnt much like the sinnoh game corner either.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next