which game was ur first?
red 34%  34%  [ 68 ]
blue 33%  33%  [ 66 ]
yellow 32%  32%  [ 64 ]
Total votes : 198

How many people still play? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Since I started with Silver, recently starting my first-ever game on Yellow and focusing on the original 151 has been really fun. This is one of the rare times in which I'm pretty sure I'll actually complete the Pokedex before giving up.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I still play on yellow quite a bit. Since i got all 151 on the pokedex, im trying to get all my pokemon to lvl 100. a really daunting task. So far i have about 80 lvl 100's includin my team of Pikachu, Snorlax, Articuno, Rapidash, Venusaur and (for lolz) Jigglypuff.

My play time is about 400 hours and im gonna get it to at least 600 getting all lvl 100's seeing as it takes such a long time to raise any 1 pokemon to lvl 100 on yellow. I had to spend at least 50 hours getting one lvl 100.The first one, Pikachu.

The training carries on.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:26 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I still play them, but not as often as other games I have (obviously, I have a computer...); however, when push comes to shove, I like those a lot. They have their advantages just as much as disadvantages. For one thing, the internal battery doesn't die!!! In Red (my first game), I'm incredibly close to finishing the Pokedex... Now to use my Yellow (when I find it... Darn garage!) to get Charmander, use Blue (which already has 151) to trade back my Seadra, and use the Master Ball on Mewtwo...

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post Re:
sN0wBaLL wrote:
My first game was Yellow. Back to your question - I do not play RBY anymore, because I dislike the old graphics, no doubt about that. In fact, I don't really play Pokemon in general anymore.

Nooooooooooooo! Don't insult 8-Bit Graphics! Yellow is almost my favourite game ever! why doesn't anyone share my views with 8-Bit stuff :(

And yes I am a nerd.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got Red and Blue on the same day, but I played Red more. I still play Yellow version, I still think it has some of the best sprites for an early Pokemon game.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I still play my Blue and Yellow games and I like those games a lot. They are like the games that started it all. You wouldn't have the newer games without the older ones.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I still play red and blue in fact I got stadium on ebay a couple of weeks ago.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just started another playthrough on my girlfriends red version:D

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I recently picked up Pokemon Red again. Pretty Decent.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ill bring out my blue every once in a while but with the game complete with over 300 hours it kind of is boring

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, i still play my yellow version, even though ive gotten all the pokemon. i just work out new movesets and teams, probably 127 of the 151 pokemon on my game are level 100, even unevolved pokemon like caterpie. :P on my red version, i have all 155 pokemon. (yes, i can count perfectly fine, and im aware that there were only 151 pokemon. im counting missingno ghost, missingno normal, 'm, missingno aerodactyl fossil, and missingno kabutops fossil. :D )

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yellow was my first, and i some times play Yellow. I have two yellow games but one its battery died.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Pokemon Blue was my first pokemon game...but I no longer play them anymore or even have them for that matter...wonder what happen to the game?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello

Red was my first, followed by blue and yellow. I mostly played red since my memory corrupted on my blue (and i didn't use glitches). Recently I decided to play again via emulator since i lost all of my games in a fire about 8 years ago. Does anyone else here play RBY on the BGB gameboy emulator, i'd love to link online and battle/trade...

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hey. um. i dont think were s'posed to talk bout emulators or roms on here. rules. sigh.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ryder wrote:
hey. um. i dont think were s'posed to talk bout emulators or roms on here. rules. sigh.

hmm, well they ought to revise their rules. that's the only method i have left for playing these games aside from buying a 12 year old game and a game boy on ebay, and thats not happening :P and its certainly the only way i'll be able to link with anyone. hate to cause a commotion the moment i get here but is anyone really going to care that i pirated the first pokemon game?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Old Fogey wrote:
Ryder wrote:

hmm, well they ought to revise their rules. that's the only method i have left for playing these games aside from buying a 12 year old game and a game boy on ebay, and thats not happening :P and its certainly the only way i'll be able to link with anyone. hate to cause a commotion the moment i get here but is anyone really going to care that i pirated the first pokemon game?

Sadly...yes, why yes they will...& those rules are there for very important reasons...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lawence Codye wrote:
Old Fogey wrote:
Ryder wrote:

Sadly...yes, why yes they will...& those rules are there for very important reasons...

hahaHAha, that's grand :D important huh?

is moderation worried about being sued for something their users talked about? sounds like the people in charge on this forum, like so many others, take themselves way too seriously. but that's the internet for you, serious business! it shouldn't really surprise me though, this is an IGN forum and IGN is owned by Fox... oh well, i guess we can't play together. it's been real, and have fun with your censorship.. just don't complain to me when net neutrality is taken away from us by the folks at Fox.

i still think that's cute though... you think silencing people who talk about 'stealing' pokemon games (that haven't been in stores for ages) is classified as "important". there's bigger things in life guys, trust me. and for anyone that thinks pirating games is bad bcuz developers don't get money when you steal, just know that nearly every dollar you've spent on videogames has likely gone to this pawn-shop chain, who've all but taken over the gaming industry:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, i wasnt offended, nor did i really care about you playing it on emulators. almost everyone does. i was just letting you know bout the rules. its your choice what to talk about. ;) i was just giving a lil warning. i'll consider my good deed for the week/day/month/year/whatever, done. :D

and i happen to agree with you bout the gamestop thing.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

its good to read that i'm not the only one. in that case if anyone wants to play RBY with me (winknudge) feel free to PM me.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol, i wasnt offended, nor did i really care about you playing it on emulators. almost everyone does. i was just letting you know bout the rules. its your choice what to talk about. ;) i was just giving a lil warning. i'll consider my good deed for the week/day/month/year/whatever, done. :D

Well, lol...this &...whatever, I did my 2 cents of a messager's thing...I'm no longer in this, Old Fogey...just was saying...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

same here. anyways, i still play yellow version, although i started another new game on it, and i did the mew glitch and got a kinda legit mew. XD

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Actually, I plan to obtain Yellow again in the future just cause I only played through it once when I had it in the past...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I actually restarted my Red Version (Yellow was my first) just yesterday to try and get the legit Mew. I've been playing for about 2 hours and I only have a Ivysaur at Lv18 and I'm about to enter Mt. Moon. Sad thing is, i'm playing my Sould Silver at the same time...well if my girlfriend didn't think I was a nerd before...! :D

Dang it Ryder! you beat me to it! XD

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i'm replaying red and blue right now. just trying to catch 'em all (except missingno and related glitches), and raise a team of ultra pimps. btw is the mew which is considered 'legit' the glitch lv7 encounter at nugget bridge? if this is the case i already have multiple, but only one used for battling. the other one is my HM mule.

i may play G/S after this gets old, we'll see.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next