It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Reboot 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I see alot of you guys talking about how Generation 3 is a reboot, and you give comments saying as to how some of the Pokemon intorduced look like Digimon or look to much like other Pokemon and also the fact that the real time clock no longer functions that way as it did in G/S/C or the fact that trading with older games is impossible. Well regardless of all that I thought Generation 3 was a good idea to me. I understand that being unable to trade with the past games was a disappointment, something I was once disappointed about myself, but then Colossuem and FR/LG came along and helped me catch older Pokemon so it wasn't that bad. But anyways, the Pokemon seemed perfectly fine to me, better than most of Johto's Pokemon in some cases (But not all). Now I know that some have the appearences of "replacements" (I remember somebody talking about how Beautifly was a replacement of Butterfree) but that's like saying real life animals can't have varients to what they are as well. It adds for variety for those who don't like a certain design over another (I honestly thought Beautifly looked better than Butterfree). And besides some of the newer Pokemon introduced seemed absolutely perfect. The starters were beyond perfection, as most of the other times one of them doesn't look very good once fully evolved or in another of their stages (I'm talking to you Chimchar). And as for the Legendaries, I know some people refer to them as cheap copies of Digimon (Some of the video game critics used to think Rayquaza was a perfect example of this), only to eventually be proven wrong as they look exaclty how a Pokemon of that era would look (Even if Rayquaza has unfair stats). BUt if you're asking why I think Generation 3 was perfect in my opinion is because Ruby was the first true Pokemon game I ever owned without it belonging to my brother (Though he also got Ruby the same day I did). Well I'm not sure if I missed anything else to explain but I might as well post what I have now so that everyone else can give their opinions.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

um. the name of your thread is a lil vague, but, anyways, i thought the third gen. games were great because they expanded the plot more than they did in the 1st and 2nd gens. i think it was good. it couldve been better, yes, but what game is perfect? (nobody say final fantasy or golden sun, plz)

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To me, Generation III seemed like a let down because I lost all the hard work from the color games. :/ The games also seemed like they didn't fit...idk what it was but it seemed less like the Pokémon I new and loved and more like a spin-off.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dan Roswald wrote:
To me, Generation III seemed like a let down because I lost all the hard work from the color games. :/ The games also seemed like they didn't fit...idk what it was but it seemed less like the Pokémon I new and loved and more like a spin-off.

Yeah, this & for me it was also unusually boring & lackluster in the pokemon choices department...much...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]