It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What was most frustrating for you in Sinnoh? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I miss the days of GSC,
The games was lonngg, it took you a nice amount of time to complete

Sinnoh just wasnt long enough, not in detail enough, it seems the regions are getting smaller

Pokedex: - Seen: 306 - Obtained: 199

My Team So Far:

{palkia} - 100 - {tyranitar} - 83 - {dragonite} - 87 - {rayquaza} - 100 - {groudon} - 100 - {mew} - 100
Updated Daily

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I think you have it pretty backwards. GSC only seems "lonngg" because it had two regions in it. Even WITH two regions and sixteen Gym Leaders, it's still a pretty common consensus among fans that GSC was the easiest generation in difficulty. Also, the regions aren't getting smaller because Johto was the smallest one of them all and Kanto wasn't much better (especially not in GSC!). There was also literally nothing to do in some of the older games after beating the Elite Four but DPP at least added a whole bunch of sidequests and optional areas.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i just thought about how long GSC took me to complete compared to later versions

i loved the idea of 16 gyms,

a MEGA game would be good, all 4 regions, will never happen i doubt

Pokedex: - Seen: 306 - Obtained: 199

My Team So Far:

{palkia} - 100 - {tyranitar} - 83 - {dragonite} - 87 - {rayquaza} - 100 - {groudon} - 100 - {mew} - 100
Updated Daily

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The lack of fire types did not bother me, my friend gave me his chimchar. :D
I would say that Mt. Cornet and Victory Road where most annoying because i always forgot to buy repels

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For me it was the fact that team galactic was so freaking WEAK most of the grunts had only beutifly and dustox. Common who is scared of a wimpier version of butterfree and beedrill

To be honest the only trainers who gave me a good match was the fire guy in the elite four ( I think his name is flint :?: )
and the other elite four the old lady with the ground pokemon

Then again I only use STEEL Type Pokemon <3 {aggron}

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think the most frustrating thing for me in Sinnoh was getting through the Team Galactic HQ Base. So many portals, I can't tell where to go. So I ended up battling everyone.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Choosing my team... :frustrated: lol

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Probably, the lack of finding a pokemon you wouldn't mind training. But that's my opinion because I've played platinum alot so i've idealy caught alot of pokemon. Sometimes it's hard to find a new one (preferably STRONG) :mad:

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So many to choose from...
1. Mesprit and only mesprit running... i chased the damn thing for ages and caught it withought the masterball cus i though the other would rund and i'd save it for the last one so it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside but then i was denied and in my frustration i threw it at azelf and then found out about creselia.... Someone almost died that day

2. Heatran and beldum sharing the same freaking capture rate. Not only did it take me months of on off attempting to catch heatran who was stationary (if it was a runner i might actualy have killed someone) but beldum was a SWARM pokemon so every blue moon it would shut me down. od only knows how i made it to a chain of 40 and then capturing a shiny one...

3. Why is it so hard to breed in this game... it took me forever to breed a misdreavus with BP 70 HP fighting with a timid nature, now I understand that yes I was being picky but to put it in perspective I hatched so many eggs that I even got a shiny (sadly unusable) misdrevus half way through...

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

That would have to be breeding, seeing as the frustration just happened today. I was exp share training my ralts in the veilstone gym, and just after I beat Maylene I see tht Confuse Ray, (the move I spent hours breeding onto a male ralts with a decent nature) is suddenly......gone. Since my Ralts was lvl one when I went in, and I saved RIGHT before the gym leader it leads me to say a very definite :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: ^!@%^$%^%@!$!!

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Going through mt c. to get palkia was annoying. plus i didnt know bout the orb behind it until a month later, so i had to go all the way back up....

mesprit was annoying too.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:55 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
In Daimond & Pearl, getting a good streak in the battle tower & evolving buneary as I went through the adventure on my first Daimond file.
In Platinum, the Battle Factory's Level 50 setting once I finally got to Thorton only to :censored: be way out matched due to garbage pokemon...& of course the out of the blue battle against Cyrus in Celestal Town, it was truly a :censored: :frustrated: pain!

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There's a few things dat I could mention dat was da most frustrating. But, im not gon reveal all of da moments!

If i could, I would say gettin through da time & space vortex world to capture Giratina in Platinum was da most frustratin moment for me. It was like da only time dat I actually had to review da walkthrough!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

PokeMasterBaller wrote:
There's a few things dat I could mention dat was da most frustrating. But, im not gon reveal all of da moments!

If i could, I would say gettin through da time & space vortex world to capture Giratina in Platinum was da most frustratin moment for me. It was like da only time dat I actually had to review da walkthrough!

I hope you are glad you did cause I did not & it was a frustration of epic preportions...It may have been the place I was at the longest in the entire game prior to obtaining the National Dex...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:08 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The concept of Honey Trees. The very thought of finding that single tree that held a one percent of chance of holding a munchlax was enough to make me cringe and wish things were still simple like they were for feebas; at least that was straight forward enough if you knew what to do. No, finding a wild munchlax is just another Mirage Island.

Actually following through with it however...that was almost enough to make me cry in sheer frustration. That, and wish hell upon both the little monsters themselves, as well as the even bigger ones who came up with the ever so incredibly brilliant method of hiding them. At least they provided an actual way to bypass all the stupidity, after the game, rather than when someone would have appreciated the chance at training one for the sake of the game itself. I honestly can't believe that I actually relished the chance at finding a cubone in red or blue. I could die happy, finding both a wynaut and a munchlax, in the wild, legitimately, knowing that if such a miracle had occured, then I must have fulfilled all that pokemon had to offer at the present time. ugh...stupid gluttons and blue blobs...

Last edited by Shrilakkigan on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Lack of difficulty & Game length.

All gym leaders should push you to the limit. They should also add eight pokemon contest battle tents, set them up just the same as gym battles.

I would of also liked to see less type combination & more single type pokemon.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 am
Profile ICQ
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Holifax wrote:
Lack of difficulty & Game length.

All gym leaders should push you to the limit. They should also add eight pokemon contest battle tents, set them up just the same as gym battles.

I would of also liked to see less type combination & more single type pokemon.

Yeah...I'm tired of pokemon mostly having two/types & not having just one at least for some more of them...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nida, way back on the third page wrote:
Just getting around was a pain in DP. Too many obstacles in too many areas with the encounter rate set too high. I usually buy both games in a generation so that I can use one as a TM/item generator while the other is my "home" game, but I've held off on buying Diamond just because of this issue.

Also, the story was a little lame. Call me a loser for caring, but after Emerald - hell, after LGFR - the Galactics seemed an ill-defined enemy with vague, unstated goals whom you fought just because they were there. Also, I wouldn't consent to wear the Galactic uniform for, what, like two week's pay, whereas I'd pay twice that amount myself for a well-made Rocket, Magma, or Aqua costume.

What? It frustrates me that I can't bring the sizzle while cosplaying the bad guys. Don't give me that look.

For me, it was their God-forsaken hair! Gah! I absolutely hated it. They were like Capt. Spock from Star Trek or something. It also does seem like you fight them just because they are there, but at least in Platinum the detective guy tells you to look out for Team Galactic.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GollyGreg wrote:
Nida, way back on the third page wrote:
Just getting around was a pain in DP. Too many obstacles in too many areas with the encounter rate set too high. I usually buy both games in a generation so that I can use one as a TM/item generator while the other is my "home" game, but I've held off on buying Diamond just because of this issue.

Also, the story was a little lame. Call me a loser for caring, but after Emerald - hell, after LGFR - the Galactics seemed an ill-defined enemy with vague, unstated goals whom you fought just because they were there. Also, I wouldn't consent to wear the Galactic uniform for, what, like two week's pay, whereas I'd pay twice that amount myself for a well-made Rocket, Magma, or Aqua costume.

What? It frustrates me that I can't bring the sizzle while cosplaying the bad guys. Don't give me that look.

For me, it was their God-forsaken hair! Gah! I absolutely hated it. They were like Capt. Spock from Star Trek or something. It also does seem like you fight them just because they are there, but at least in Platinum the detective guy tells you to look out for Team Galactic.

lol, they were like star trek characters. and their pokemon were the weakest ones i have ever battled. lol, i had more trouble with brock back in the day with red version, then i did with cyrus, now in the sinnoh region. XD that should NOT happen. the first gym leader was more powerful then a psychotic pathetic excuse for an evil mastermind trying to recreate the universe? i rofl.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My biggest probelm with all the games, especially Sinnoh, is lack of fire types! There's always loads of Water & Grass types out there to catch, and no fire types! I always get Fire type starters now, simply because there aren't enough substitutes for them.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

iFire wrote:
My biggest probelm with all the games, especially Sinnoh, is lack of fire types! There's always loads of Water & Grass types out there to catch, and no fire types! I always get Fire type starters now, simply because there aren't enough substitutes for them.

This is too true...there really aren't enough Fire Types & the dual types for most of them suck too...bad...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

there also arent very many poison types, but poison isnt a main type like fire.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think most of us agree that the lack of Fire-type Pokemon has been, if not, one of the most frustrating problem in DPP.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Caelum wrote:
I think most of us agree that the lack of Fire-type Pokemon has been, if not, one of the most frustrating problem in DPP.

indeed...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

another thing frustrating - i didnt get a mew in it. :( i have never gotten a mew, ever, rofl. so i was hoping they would have an in-game thing where you could catch a mew. not a nintendo event, which i totally missed. *sigh* it will never happen, though.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next