It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Scyther Help? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Made a dumb mistake of not checking my Scyther's ability when I caught it at the Bug Catching Contest today. I already beat the 4th gym, so my Pokemon's levels are around the mid 20s.

If I were to catch the correct Scyther, could someone train it up to an appropriate level for me (20-23)? It'll go by faster if I trade it.

I don't know what I could do in return, but just ask!

oh.. and I have to catch it on Thursday now obviously.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

huh. i guess, sure. it wouldnt take long if its just to the twenties and its not EV training. and you could always change the date on your ds to a thursday, and see if that tricks the game into thinking its time for a contest?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wouldn't that mess with my game and such? Especially the dates, as it logs the day you started. I have no idea.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

it messes with your log, or journal, and everything, but i havent seen any bad side affects of it. *shrugs*

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just changed the date and time. Says the bug catching contest is over for today. I guess Nintendo did that on purpose so you couldn't manipulate the week cycle. Thursday it is. :(

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

wow. thats cruel of them. is the contest set between a certain time on tuesdays and thursdays, or is it an all day thing? like does it go from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm or anything like that that could have affected it?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's an all day thing on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. No idea.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
The Bug Catching Contest is pretty much all day & I would never change the time settings on the DS...it can & will lock daily & weekly events if you happen to save after doing so...which include the Bug Catching Contest, Buena's Password, Apricots, etc...also if you did any activities already then changing the time won't help anyway since it's recorded as done until a day actually passes ingame...in short...Nintendo fixed that most likely with HGSS so...no time traveling benefits for anyone...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

that. is. evil. but i have to thank you lawence, for the warning b4 i did irrepairable damage to my HG. lol.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh yeah...people...the effects only last for 24hrs so...you only lose them for one go around & then every is back to normal after the day you saved after you time skipped so...still don't do it though since this may have changed in HGSS...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, ok. thanks lawence.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You'd be able to do it, but you'd still have t at 24hrs. Do the contest, wait 24hrs, then set date back and do it again?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm. well, there's so much other stuff to do in heart gold, that i'd just wait til it came around again, but that's just me. :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think there's a way around this. Set the date to 11:59pm on Wednesday or something and start your game. The date will soon roll over to Thursday and, in theory, you should be able to participate in the contest.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol!!!!!! fantastic idea. i might try it. MIGHT. i dont wanna screw up my new HG game, though, rofl.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Azelf wrote:
I think there's a way around this. Set the date to 11:59pm on Wednesday or something and start your game. The date will soon roll over to Thursday and, in theory, you should be able to participate in the contest.

It might work cause you don't really time travel unless you go back in time & save then go forward in time & save again...or forward in time & then after saving go back in time & save...both causing the time glitch & also there's the using another DS thing which is probably just the same thing really...

Now could someone please lock this since this topic is now invalid as of today...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Azelf wrote:

It might work cause you don't really time travel unless you go back in time & save then go forward in time & save again...or forward in time & then after saving go back in time & save...both causing the time glitch & also there's the using another DS thing which is probably just the same thing really...

Now could someone please lock this since this topic is now invalid as of today...

speaking of time glitching i used to do that in animal crossing all the time..

However, through my own observations i have realized that time travel in this generation risks disaster because of the in-game set clocking system.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]