It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Money 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
Is it just me, or is money very scarce in this game? I just got to Violet town, and I barely had enough money to buy three Pokeballs, plus the trainers are cheapskate. I know that it's early, so they're not supposed to give a lot, but I don't remember money being this tight in silver, and I saved money through my mom in that game, too.

Am I just overreacting?

P.S. I never realized that "Mom" saved so much money. She takes 25% of your prize money! Not to mention, she goes and wastes it on stuff you don't need. I only used the save money feature to be the richest man in Babylon, but if she takes that much I may just stop saving money.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just beat Whitney, and I only have 13k. I think you're right. I think it's because of Mom.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You let mom's grubby paws on your money? As soon as I found out the first time that she was buying useless stuff with my hard earned money, I never let her near it again.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
what, she only takes 25% of it...though she took half of it...your right though as I got to Violet City & I didn't have sufficient funds to buy enough pokeballs either until right before I challenged Falkner & afterwards I was practically broke so of course it's cause of Mother...but if she wasn't saving your money you could easily afford anything you needed from the Mart aside from maybe a decent # of Net Balls...low budget trainers indeed are all over the beginning of this game, even in the Gym...Falkner is the only one so far who doesn't fit this description...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually, I got my money back from her, and she was only saving 52 poke.

I guess money is just tight anyway.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

haga11111 wrote:
Actually, I got my money back from her, and she was only saving 52 poke.

I guess money is just tight anyway.

Ah...well I deposited $1750 so...that's my problem but I personally don't mind so whatever...& only 52 pokedollars?!...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yep, only 52 (unless I read it wrong and it was 520, but I'm very certain it was 52.)

Looks like I'm going to have to really take advantage of the Pokewalker for items. Luckily I can just keep it in my pocket during school.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:26 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

& the Stardust Item is common in the Edge of Night Sky Route of the PokeWalker...3 Walts a try to get each one...I got 2 so far but the course only gave me {onix} to battle which is really annoying...I also got 20 extra Watts for ""walking"" a certain distance...just clicked on the music note & free they were...this takes a minute though & you have a short time frame to do it before it's gone...I learned that the hard way...

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I actually decided to stop using the Pokewalker because it feels unnatural. I'd rather just play Heartgold on its own.

Luckily for me, however, I just smashed the rock in Violet to see what was back there (seriously? A freaking hyper potion at the third town??!) and I found a star piece in the rubble.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well yeah it does, cause I can only whirl I around in my hand in a shaking dice kind of motion or hold it in my hand & move my arm in a circular but small circular radius while it rack up steps...or at rare times not do squat...meh...

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dan Roswald wrote:
You let mom's grubby paws on your money? As soon as I found out the first time that she was buying useless stuff with my hard earned money, I never let her near it again.

pokedolls are not useless...i have every doll and big doll on gold...its actually really cool and a very good time waster, not to mention it gives a sense of accomplishment...the rest of the stuff is useless id have to agree

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

haga11111 wrote:
I actually decided to stop using the Pokewalker because it feels unnatural. I'd rather just play Heartgold on its own.

Luckily for me, however, I just smashed the rock in Violet to see what was back there (seriously? A freaking hyper potion at the third town??!) and I found a star piece in the rubble.

lol, meh loves my pokewalker. XD i havent even gotten to the first gym yet (i was EV training my cyndaquil, dont judge meh) and i already have lotsa pokemon i wouldnt have gotten until further in the game, and i sell off all the items i get for a lot of cash. :D lol, gamefreak makes you work for your money, my arm is killing me from shaking the pokewalker all day. XD

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

guys all you have to do is tell her no and she wont save your money. this happened last time too

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought that her buying me the occasional Super Potion wasn't so bad, until I found out you can buy 2 Lemonades for that price and heal much more than 1 super potion.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, i know that your mom spends your money, but for those people who spend all of their money and then something comes up and they really NEED cash fast, there arent any banks to get a loan from, theres your mom. i basically have her save my money indefinetly, i never check back to see how much shes saved. and if i need it, i know it'll be there (or at least most of it XD)

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Basically what Ryder said for me...cause it ain't like she's sucking you dry...just the occasional useless item which you can just sell for 1/2 your money back...so...no problem to me...plus for the rare person or too that actually loses a battle ingame...you can just restock from her...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I remember back in original gold and silver that the mom never exactly spent the money but recently when playing my heartgold she called me 4 times within a minute to let me know she bought stuff...inside I was screaming "Stop wasting my money you stupid b!&$%" oh well but I'm not really having money issues with the game.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dear mother bought me five haban berries. O_O weakens super effective dragon type moves. O_O since when does mother buy rare berries?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's how to get Rare berries in this game. I already have like 10 of every rare berry because of her.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rofl, even if she occasionally wastes my money on useless stuff like repels, i gotta love the berries. :D

ah, and btw, if you have money issues, why not give that nifty lil item called amulet coin to your first pokemon ;)

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
rofl, even if she occasionally wastes my money on useless stuff like repels, i gotta love the berries. :D

ah, and btw, if you have money issues, why not give that nifty lil item called amulet coin to your first pokemon ;)

cause in the game I assume you don't obtain the item until well into the game...lol...

Oh & you also get other items based on how much money of yours she saved...like the Choice Scarf, etc...I have the half *** guide so I know them all...

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Ryder wrote:

cause in the game I assume you don't obtain the item until well into the game...lol...

Oh & you also get other items based on how much money of yours she saved...like the Choice Scarf, etc...I have the half *** guide so I know them all...

lol, thats pretty cool. (and i gave the amulet coin to a pokemon and traded it from my pearl to HG, shh! You didnt hear it from me. XD) nah im just playin. i really did trade everything of value from my pearl to HG, though. well, not everything yet. i need help from ppl who will trade back it to me, seeing as i dont have two ds's, lol.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

just dont pick up
after 5 items she stops buying things
how it goes on mine

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You could use a Pokemon that has pickup it would give you some of the basic items you need like potions,and revives.

Also does having two items like the amulet coin multiply the money you get by 4x or just by 2x?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fluffeon wrote:
You could use a Pokemon that has pickup it would give you some of the basic items you need like potions,and revives.

Also does having two items like the amulet coin multiply the money you get by 4x or just by 2x?

Just by 2x.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next