It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Goosebumps 
Fails at life
Fails at life

This show is on Cartoon Network @ 7 PM in Central time! I love this show!

Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The show is kind of old. I thought they were just showing those at Halloween. It pisses me off that they're choosing to show live action crap on Cartoon Network, unless this is a new cartoon version. I liked the books for a bit a long time ago, but they're pretty lame, though they are written for children. I never really liked the show.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:15 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Goosebumps was intended for children, and I admit, I used to read the books all the time when I was in 5th grade. I watched the show too, but compared to the books, the episodes were really lame. I know it's hard to fit all the details into one 30 minute program, though.

My favorite stories were (in order):

Monster Blood II
Cuckoo Clock of Doom
Monster Blood
The Ghost Next Door
The Eggs That Came From Mars (? not sure on the actual title)

I was really obsessed with Monster Blood II, and at one time, it was my #1 favorite book. It was much better than the first book, and I probably read it at least 5 times. Who knows, maybe I'll dig my 50+ book collection of Goosebumps books out and read it someday for memories.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I read the books like my life, and used to hunt them down. The TV version of Piano Lessons Can Be Murder gave me nightmares though.

Last edited by Patchy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:02 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

WHAT? The show barely represents the books, it's dull and uninteresting and it always has a bad ending. And the show always explains everything with aliens and ghosts. THe camp episode? Aliens. The piano episode. Ghosts. :frustrated:

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I never watched the show. My neighbor mentioned it few times though. I loved the books and still have about 60 of them. I read them when I have nothing else to read. They're not scary or anything but I like the story.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
I used to love the Goosebumps books, I read them constantly back in grade 5. Then i just randomly stopped...I guess I grew out of it, they weren't very scary and the endings were annoying. Nonetheless, R.L. Stine was a good author and I have fond memories of reading those books, back in the day.

I never saw the show, so I can't really comment there. Althought, I imagine its probably something like Are You Afraid Of The Dark, which I liked, both the books and the show.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I could never watch those, gave me nightmares.

Times I've been bad.
I did necromancy. (I had no idea what it was.) Sorry, Cruncky.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Goosebumps was intended for children, and I admit, I used to read the books all the time when I was in 5th grade. I watched the show too, but compared to the books, the episodes were really lame. I know it's hard to fit all the details into one 30 minute program, though.

My favorite stories were (in order):

Monster Blood II
Cuckoo Clock of Doom
Monster Blood
The Ghost Next Door
The Eggs That Came From Mars (? not sure on the actual title)

I was really obsessed with Monster Blood II, and at one time, it was my #1 favorite book. It was much better than the first book, and I probably read it at least 5 times. Who knows, maybe I'll dig my 50+ book collection of Goosebumps books out and read it someday for memories.

I feel the same exact way, except for the favs, Although "The Ghost Next Door" is definitely in my top 5. I probably have all the original series still minus one or two. After Goosebumps I moved onto Fear Street and really dug those as a Teen.
And Krisp I think it's "Egg Mosters from Mars"

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.
Pearl - Loki 3180 2509 3375

-I am a Shiny Breeder and can breed one if you PM me.
My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I used to love it when it used to be on, a few years ago me and my bro used to 'stay up late' and watch it. Bearing in mind we were like 6 XD

Fri May 14, 2010 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]