It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Lvl 100s 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What is the main way people get their pokemon to lvl 100? Yeah I know it is a noob question.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Though I have yet to develop the patience to get one of my Pokes up to 100, Dangertrout pointed out an awesome way to do it in the 'Chaining vs Breeding Shinies' thread. Breeding shinies means walking large amounts of ground to hatch eggs. If you put pokes in the daycare while you're doing it, they'll level up. Not exactly a fast way, especially cause they level up slower the higher they get (obviously) but a good way to kill two birds with one stone. ;)

Other than that, the vs seeker on the later routes is the best suggestion I have.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is that really how everyone does it? Cause when I look at youtube vids everyone has many level 100s just waiting.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Some people put them in daycares, some people defeat the elite four millions of times, some people wander around in the grass for hours and others collect rare candies with their trusty Pachirisu or Zigzagoon while going through the game.
Before I started breeding like a maniac, I'd collect rare candies throughout the game and use them for the last 20 level ups. It was a lot easier in Ruby / Sapphire, because the collection of items wasn't based on the pick-up Pokemon level.
Ever since I started breeding, I use the daycare to level them up once they've gotten past the point of learning moves. (I breed egg moves into most of my pokemon, so I have to make sure they don't lose the egg move or i have to start over.)

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. you cant forget about the people who shark or AR or clone hundreds upon hundreds of rare candies. lol. ;)

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mudkipz wrote:
Is that really how everyone does it? Cause when I look at youtube vids everyone has many level 100s just waiting.

As far as I know... o.o

Except for, as Ryder pointed out, cheaters, the end game of Pokmeon is a long and tedious process designed keep you playing a single version of the game THE REST OF YOUR LIFE... Enjoy. :)

Personally, there's still so much to do in the freaking game that I tend to get sidetracked between Battle Tower, Breeding Shinies, and plotting IVs and EVs and movesets... Nintendo are diabolical.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Dangertrout wrote:
Some people put them in daycares, some people defeat the elite four millions of times, some people wander around in the grass for hours and others collect rare candies with their trusty Pachirisu or Zigzagoon while going through the game.
Before I started breeding like a maniac, I'd collect rare candies throughout the game and use them for the last 20 level ups. It was a lot easier in Ruby / Sapphire, because the collection of items wasn't based on the pick-up Pokemon level.
Ever since I started breeding, I use the daycare to level them up once they've gotten past the point of learning moves. (I breed egg moves into most of my pokemon, so I have to make sure they don't lose the egg move or i have to start over.)

Wow this sounds like a pain hahahaha

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rybo wrote:
Mudkipz wrote:

As far as I know... o.o

Except for, as Ryder pointed out, cheaters, the end game of Pokmeon is a long and tedious process designed keep you playing a single version of the game THE REST OF YOUR LIFE... Enjoy. :)

Personally, there's still so much to do in the freaking game that I tend to get sidetracked between Battle Tower, Breeding Shinies, and plotting IVs and EVs and movesets... Nintendo are diabolical.

lol, yes, nintendo is diabolical. it first brainwashed us with the original pokemon games and episodes (i swear, i bet those flashing lights hypnotized us into buying everything pokemon XD) and now it feeds us junk frequently, yet we still buy their products. whats that say bout our 'superior human intelligence'? a monkey would be smarter. it only cares bout its bananas. (off topic, sorry) anyways, yeah, really the only way to level up your pokemon or somehow obtain level one hundred pokemon is
a) cheating
b) battling. over. and. over. until you want to throw your ds/gameboy/ computer out a window
c) trading to get one from someone else
d) have someone else do it for you. muahaha. whether it be daycare or your best friend (they WILL hate u if u do this method)

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bored of leveling to 100, EV training, IV breeding, etc.? http://shoddybattle.com/ :P

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When You say day care do you mean dropping them off and going back and forth?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, you could do that. or you could go to the fuego ironworks, plug your ds into the charger, and run towards a floor tile that sends you spinning into the wall, and tape down/put something heavy on that directional button, so that your guy keeps running towards the spinny mat. and go to sleep, leaving your guy in an eternal running/spinning nightmare. muahaha! ahem, anyways, in the morning check on your pokemon in the daycare, they should have leveled up A LOT. lol. just.....only use this method AFTER the pokemon has learned all of its moves that it can learn, otherwise a move you want it to have might be erased for a crappy move. ;)
oh, and you cant close the ds lid, cuz that would just make it go into stand by. you have to leave it open. lol, i dont usually use this method just cuz i enjoy the fun of training via battling, but if you want a high level pokemon RIGHT AWAY, without cheating, this method would work.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:55 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would say dat a quick way to get a level 100 would be to let da pokemon hold lucky egg after maxing out it's EV's on their stats and keep fightin elite four and gym leaders in da battleground located at da survival area after u beat da elite four!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryder wrote:
lol, you could do that. or you could go to the fuego ironworks, plug your ds into the charger, and run towards a floor tile that sends you spinning into the wall, and tape down/put something heavy on that directional button, so that your guy keeps running towards the spinny mat. and go to sleep, leaving your guy in an eternal running/spinning nightmare. muahaha! ahem, anyways, in the morning check on your pokemon in the daycare, they should have leveled up A LOT. lol. just.....only use this method AFTER the pokemon has learned all of its moves that it can learn, otherwise a move you want it to have might be erased for a crappy move. ;)
oh, and you cant close the ds lid, cuz that would just make it go into stand by. you have to leave it open. lol, i dont usually use this method just cuz i enjoy the fun of training via battling, but if you want a high level pokemon RIGHT AWAY, without cheating, this method would work.

Wow. That's... ingenious. :)

Ryder, have you considered a job at Nintendo? ;)

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

who, me? nintendo? nah, i dont want my creative energies hindered by their....um...nintendo-ness. ;)
i make hacks of games. lol. 'course, maybe someday......lol.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You can also do that in R/S/E by walking up a mudslide hill that you can only go up by the fast bike.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, but they removed that trick in DPPt. now it doesnt count as taking a step. so it doesnt do anything for your daycare pokemon now.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I some times use rare candies at first. Rare candies all the way is the best.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

no, sephiroth, lol. ever heard of EV's? they raise your Pokemon stats. every time you battle a pokemon, at the end of the battle you get experience AND EV's. with rare candies, you dont get any EV's. that why trained pokemon are stronger than wild ones. wild ones havent battled, therefore have no EV's. rare candies give no EV's, so you should wait til AFTER you EV train b4 you give them rare candies. rofl. check out the psypoke database for all the details, or PM me. im too lazy to give out details unless i know for sure you want them. :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rightio...My method of getting to leel 100: (pokemon Pearl)

After Ev training (from level 1) i then went hunting for a lucky egg...(Finding a wild Chansey [5% of encountering it] holding a lucky egg [5% chance of it holding one]

I then gave the level 30ish pokemon the lucky egg and went into the Elite 4 with a very powerful pokemon capable of whizzing through the elite 4 and taking damage well (my dragonite level 100 already)...

With the pokemon to be leveled up first in teh party with lucky egg, i then started to battle the Elite 4 and not using the pokemon to battle but switching out instantly into the dragonite, and after it takes 1 measly hit, using a strong attack that will probably KO the opponent...the other pokemon in my 2 pokemon team gets a fair amount of EXP since it took part in the battle and is holding lucky egg...After the first pokemon in teh Elite 4 has been KO'd...i then choose the 'switch pokemon' option and switch back to the low-level pokemon before the oponents next pokemon comes out. And just carry that on throughout the Elite 4 until the 'was low-level' pokemon is at a reasonable level (60-70) and can go against the elite 4 by itself (at least the first of the elite 4)... Then just keep going through teh E4 with that one pokemon holding lucky egg...Yes...a LOT of faints but very quick levelling up.

Hope i helped,
{darkrai} Darkrai-Follower {darkrai}

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

or you could get one of those bird things like from the simpsons [they are real i have one] and have it press up or something in fuego ironworks that way the directional pad isn't crushed [it happened to my friend]

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
or you could get one of those bird things like from the simpsons [they are real i have one] and have it press up or something in fuego ironworks that way the directional pad isn't crushed [it happened to my friend]

Yeah, that would take a lot longer though...having just something rest on the button would constantly move the character, one of those birds would have a slight delay.

{darkrai}

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Way do it is train in the E4 until they're strong enough to battle then they help other until they reached 100 and the one's the help become there substitute. i know its a lot of e4 battles but it works epecually with traded pokemon

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got my 6 100s by beating emerald, trading to XD gale of darkness (where they hit 100 doing the trainer mountain thing), then eventually pal parking them to pearl. I lost my pearl, but i miss those pokes. Long time with me. :D

So i guess, using them over several generations is my way of doing it. Or spamming the elite four.

Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]