Arcanine or Kangaskhan?
Arcanine 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Kangaskhan 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

SoulSilver Team Crisis! 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

EDIT:

Ok, here's the deal. In my SoulSilver team I'm debateing witch Pokemon to use, Arcanine or Kangaskhan.
I need advice.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If this is an ingame team, Regigigas may be usable (although Arcanine is superior) though its ability is a hassle. If you plan to use this team competitively, just use Arcanine. In competitive battling, Regigigas is nearly unusable due to its absolutely awful ability- it's used less for a reason.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd go with kangaskhan over Regigigas

For {regigigas} 's first 5 turns (using my base stats list) its total is 350
while {arcanine} is at 375 and {kangaskhan} is 370

{kangaskhan} move pool is the largest of the three
plus it gets scrappy which lets you use any move on ghost types

but {regigigas} is nothing to sneeze at, with a 350 Base stat total it on par with {ursaring}

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Mektar wrote:
2. On the first turn, Regigigas has a base stat total of 540

*sigh* People make this mistake all the time.

When something "halves" or "doubles" a Pokemon's stat, like Slow Start or Huge Power respectively, you don't do these calculations on the base stats. You do them on the maximum stat. Regigigas' base Attack is 160, which is a max stat of 460, assuming 252 Attack EVs and a +Attack nature. Because of Slow Start, that is halved to a max stat of 230, which corresponds to a base stat of about 55. Similarly, Regigigas' base Speed is 100, which is a max stat of 328, again assuming 252 Speed EVs and a +Speed nature; after Slow Start, this becomes a max stat of 164, which makes Regigigas' base Speed about 26.

Therefore, Regigigas' base stats are much, much lower than 540, and that's why Regigigas is a piece of crap. It combines the physical Attack power of Corsola or Delibird with Speed that is beaten by superstars like Parasect and Slowbro. It can take a hit, but it can't damage anything due to Slow Start and it doesn't have recovery options to help it survive for those first five turns other than Drain Punch, which is subpar at best due to the aforementioned awful Attack stat. So rather than not using Regigigas because "Legendaries are for n00bs," you should Arcanine because it doesn't suck as much.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:04 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I had no idea Regigigas was that bad :o Thanks a bunch for the info Frost! In that case, now I'm wondering if I should use Kangaskhan because my enitire Platinum team once lost to one that was holding a toxic orb, used Fake Out to stall for the orb's effect, then spammed Facade and Pwned me. Is that a good idea?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, i wiped out the elite four a couple of times with a kanghaskan like that. :D it works great! of course, the elite four is stupid and they cant adapt to my strategies and battling real people is totally different, but kanghaskan is pretty powerful with that strategy.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would choose Arcanine because it has really good stats. I think it might depend a little on the rest of your team. If you already have a fire pokemon I would go with Kangaskhan. Also as said before it depends if your using it competetively or in-game. I don't think you would want to use the toxic orb strategy in-game because every time you leave a battle you will have to heal the poison so when you walk it dosen't KO your Kangaskhan.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm. I would completely choose arcanine over regigigas simply because arcanine is epicly awesome. but im biased. arcanine is one of my faves. :D really i cant give you good advice unless i know what your whole team is, not just between arcanine and regigigas and kanghaskan.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Here's the rest of my team:

{kingdra} {togekiss} {swampert} {shedinja} and most likely {scizor} or {spiritomb}

It's for in game and competitive battleing. The focus is on Pokemon with few weaknesses.

Mektar out.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, i would definately go with arcanine then.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Arcanine is faster, hits hard, and has more all together hp. {arcanine}

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]