It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wanting Opinions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OK so i have this Gardevoir that i LOVE!!! His lvl 56 and he has never lost a battle for me. here is his move set then i will explain it and i want 2 see what people think about it.
He has Confusion Hypnosis Calm Mind Reflect
Now what the reason i haven't taught him Psychic is because it only has 10 pp. and Confusion has 25 and how i made up for that lost of power is Calm Mind. I put the opponent 2 sleep then use Calm Mind about 4 or 5 times and i havent seen a monster survive that kind of combo. now darks are immune and i know this. im not stupid. but i dont want 2 have 2 take him back 2 the pokemon center everytime i take him into battle. using Confusion allows him 2 b very useful for many battles. and this is definitely useful when i go up against someone with 6 pokemon cause after the first one drops then the others just dont have a chance. but i know lots and lots of people would disagree with me but i want 2 hear your guys opinion on this little strategy that i have.

92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:34 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

For beating in-game trainers, you don't need much strategy at all, which is why your strategy works.

For any time of competitive battling against other people, or against harder opponents (see: the Battle Frontier), move damage is much more important than PP, because your pokemon are usually healed between every match.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I suggest trying to even it out, use some clever strategic moves, but also use some more powerful moves, even if they have lower PP. But tbh if you can get hold of some PP ups then that will sort that problem out aswell.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. you could lose confusion and reflect, get double team and psychic, while their asleep you can double team up, and then when they wake up and cant hit you, calm mind, then you can knock em around a bit with psychic. still weak to dark though. sigh. and you cant double team in a lot of tournaments. dang evasion clause XD. oh well.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would say get rid of confusion and get a better psychic move or get rid of reflect for a move like recover or a better offensive move.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

since because most people disagree with upping your evasion (hence the evasion clause) instead you could teach it shock wave which will also get the stat boost from calm mind and could hurt dark types, plus it never misses.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
I like your strategy. You may want to trash Reflect for Psychic though.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I used gardevoir a lot going through the games, but I never really tried to do it very strategically. I think I used something like psychic, thunderbolt, hypnosis, dream eater. Mainly just the first two, second two were kind of a back up.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]