It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Mystery Gift Sob Story 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey y'all!

I've only recently discovered the advent of the Mystery Gift feature in Diamond and Pearl. Since I live in Australia and Nintendo events are rarer than hens teeth over there, I didn't even know how to activate it manually until about a week ago.

Imagine my dismay when I found out that nearly ALL the unobtainable Pokemon, ie, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Rotom's extra forms, were given away in events through WiFi over the course of the past year! I won't lie, I cried a little. :(

Sadder still is the fact that, once gone, they don't come back, unless through an area or shop event.

I've been trying to contact Nintendo's Australia branch, and scanning the web frantically for a way to obtain these events another way WITHOUT resorting to buying a cheat machine, but I'm coming up blank.

Any suggestions?

OR is some good samaritan interested in showing me some rare Pokemon, ie, Darkrai, Shaymin, etc, so that I can do some Poke-fishing on WiFi Trade for one?

Ironically, I'm in the States on holiday right now. I found out about the Mystery Gift thing due to Gamestop's promotions, so I'm hanging out for my Jirachi this weekend, but the fact that I totally missed out on Darkrai and Shaymin is a bit of a bummer.

Le sigh. :)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I honestly don't really think you're missing much. I don't like Darkrai, but ironically, his event at Toys R Us was the first Pokemon Event I ever attended (I went because I finally had my own car 8-)) and even though I like Shaymin, I don't really use him at all either. I also attended the Shaymin event and downloaded two (one for Diamond and one for Pearl), kept the one from Pearl, and traded my Diamond Version Shaymin away to Skull Kid when I met him in real life. I don't care about Arceus at all and didn't even bother going to his event.

Now, the best part. I've had Platinum Version since the day it came out and I've downloaded every single WiFi event. HOWEVER. I still only have two badges and thus have no use for those event items. I also activated all the events in Diamond Version via Action Replay but never caught any of the legendaries there either. Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Giratina, Heatran, etc. all rot away in my game because I don't feel like catching them.

I do collect the event Pokemon for boredom, but that's only because there's nothing left to do.

Do you want these Pokemon because you like them or because you want them for the dex entries?

I guess I could trade you Darkrai and Shaymin if you traded them back. I have no Arceus though.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

To be honest, the thing I'm most interested in is actually obtaining them somehow. The 'Gotta Catch Em All' ads must have really brain washed me as a kid, and the fact that they're so hard for me to get now makes them a forbidden fruit. (Darkrai does look totally awesome too) :)
I figured if I could add them to my dex tho, I can try and request them over WiFi.
Do you have to trade them to me to add them to my dex? I didn't realise, I thought I could just, I dunno, battle you or something? Does that not work? o.o

Look, if you're willing to let me add Darkrai and Shaymin to my dex even, I would be soooo freaking grateful. I've posted requests to the general public to help me add them to the dex in the trade thread a couple of times, and noone's responded. (unsurprisingly if you have to actually send em :))

Tell you what, as an act of good faith I'll pm you my facebook account?

Is there anything you want/need in exchange too? I'm happy to send you something from my relatively meager collection for this generous demonstration, if I'm able. Just say the word. :)

I'm on Eastern time (I think. OH is Eastern right? Still not sure about U.S. tzones. :)) So let me know when you're able (though I'll leave my DS on when I can, if that helps).

Friend Code on the signature. :)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yea, I have one mystery gift sob story to share...

I'm dem types of people dat dont hear about da events til its too late! I would have loved to get a Regigigas wit da cherish ball or a celebi for one! But I would mostly love to get me a mew, finally!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

PokeMasterBaller wrote:
Yea, I have one mystery gift sob story to share...

I'm dem types of people dat dont hear about da events til its too late! I would have loved to get a Regigigas wit da cherish ball or a celebi for one! But I would mostly love to get me a mew, finally!

I feel you, Dogg. :)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
My "Mystery Gift Sob Story" would have to be the Platinum Wi-Fi Event for the "Secret Key"...**** I got Platinum too late to have known about it...all I got was a stupid code to a stupid wallpaper of "Mow Rotom"...that was a very dark day when I found that out...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
My "Mystery Gift Sob Story" would have to be the Platinum Wi-Fi Event for the "Secret Key"...**** I got Platinum too late to have known about it...all I got was a stupid code to a stupid wallpaper of "Mow Rotom"...that was a very dark day when I found that out...

Aww, cheer up Lawence Codye, you'll get the different forms of Rotom in HG or SS. You get it when you bring a Rotom to I think its Silph Co. to a broken elevator. You get the same forms of Rotom as Platinum.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

what i hated is that the yellow forest mystery gift unlockable thing ends before heart gold and soul silver is released in north america, so by the time i get my pokewalker i wont be able to unlock the yellow forest and get a surfing or flying pikachu.... *sigh* oh well. i also hated that i just got my ds two and a half weeks ago so i missed all of the wi-fi events before then...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Aww, cheer up Lawence Codye, you'll get the different forms of Rotom in HG or SS. You get it when you bring a Rotom to I think its Silph Co. to a broken elevator. You get the same forms of Rotom as Platinum.

Oh believe me, I found this out wayyy before you told me this & believe me I am over it like an old meme...

Ryder wrote:
what i hated is that the yellow forest mystery gift unlockable thing ends before heart gold and soul silver is released in north america, so by the time i get my pokewalker i wont be able to unlock the yellow forest and get a surfing or flying pikachu.... *sigh* oh well. i also hated that i just got my ds two and a half weeks ago so i missed all of the wi-fi events before then...

I don't see what there is to sob about at this moment pertaining to that Event as once HGSS is released, they will do this Event for the rest of the world at some point...I mean doing Events before they are needed or useful is...at least the pokemon are pokemon & can be apart of the games that came out before the ones they are needed in as Poke'Walker courses are not even downloadable yet due to the Poke'Walker not being available yet over here...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
...I mean doing Events before they are needed or useful is...at least the pokemon are pokemon & can be apart of the games that came out before the ones they are needed in as Poke'Walker courses are not even downloadable yet due to the Poke'Walker not being available yet over here...

I can understand the dillemma here. I was kinda bummed about not getting the Gamestop Pichu} (or Darkrai, or Shaymin, which I now have, thanks to Krispy's assist ;)) when I found out I missed em, because there's something about a clean, fresh, unmolested Pokemon that beats getting somebody else's crusty, second hand pokemon... in spite of the exp. boost, in my opinion... ;)

But, most importantly, let's not overlook the reason Nintendo are doing it in this order. It's to encourage people to pre-order HGSS, because pre-orders are money then can spend on a product they're still pumping money into releasing. The more people that pre-order, the more money they can put into shipping and production costs to meet supply demands. Hence promos like the Shiny Pichu, Jirachi, and the Ho-Oh/Lugia figurines everyone gives you when you preorder. Pre-orders are good business. :)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, i didn't sob cuz i missed the pokewalker thing, i sobbed cuz i missed every single wi fi event before two weeks ago XD my very first wi fi event ever was the shiny pichu. :D

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol, i didn't sob cuz i missed the pokewalker thing, i sobbed cuz i missed every single wi fi event before two weeks ago XD my very first wi fi event ever was the shiny pichu. :D

Oh...my bad, I didn't understand what you meant by your previous post...& also I got another two "Sob Stories" to tell though I got both of the events...I wish I knew about the RNGreporter & or IVs before hand as I could have at least obtained a {darkrai} & {shaymin} that I actually could use in battles instead of them just being trophies of some sort...*sign noise*...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]