It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Debilitating Combos 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey guys!

I'm a sucker for moves that debilitate pokemon; sleeps, paralysis, poisons, burns, etc.

I was kinda bummed when I first found out that sleepy moves are kinda frowned upon in certain poke-comps and circles too, but oh well. :)

I was just wondering if you guys knew any awesome debilitating combos, or at least any favourites?

I was pretty excited when I got my first Darkrai recently and saw his 'Dark Void' move, and sleep-maiming skill set. >:)

For example tho, I just made an Umbreon with the moveset:
Toxic
Moonlight
Scary Face
Dark Pulse

The idea obviously being to trap a mark, poison em, and heal myself back to vistory. :)
Any thoughts?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I used a Torterra with a nutty moveset once.

{torterra}@Leftovers
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Basically a Drain - Gain combo.

Leech Seed - Toxic - Giga Drain.... Add Leftovers.

Works fairly well if you can pull it off.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 am
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I used a smeargle to Make a moveset like that
{smeargle} Jolly Technican w/ Leftovers
Aqua Ring
Ingrain
leech seed
Leech Life(why because leech seed doesn't affect grass types, and dream eater only affects pokemon that are asleep)
more than 1/4 of health restored per turn

Now this move set can be pulled off by a couple pokemon
Confuse Ray/Supersonic
Attract
Thunder wave/Stun Spore
Focus Punch/giga impact/hyper beam/etc
6% chance of hitting you

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Now this move set can be pulled off by a couple pokemon
Confuse Ray/Supersonic
Attract
Thunder wave/Stun Spore
Focus Punch/giga impact/hyper beam/etc
6% chance of hitting you

I love it. Always been kinda uncertain about Attract tho. Seems risky, a move that only affects 50% of pokemon... what the next gen needs is a pokemon that can change genders... Some sort of frog pokemon? Or a one of the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park? Haemaphrog! :)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Well if it helps with your {umbreon} I have one that I trained specifically to deal with the runners as people call them (?);
Movepool
1. Faint Attack
2. Last Resort
3. Confuse Ray
4. Mean Look
Lv. 60 / Gender = Male / Ability = Synchronize / EVs = HP 252, SPE 252 & ATK 6
Nature = Adamant / Item = what was needed I guess...
Yeah...Obviously I had trouble with Zapdos as I learned that it would never be able to get off it's Mean Look in time so I did something else to catch it...as for your Umbreon, from my perspective it get's the said job you need done, done...

& another moveset I'm proud off but will void eventually will be this one of my {roselia};
Movepool
1. Giga Drain
2. Petal Dance
3. Leech Seed
4. Toxic
Item = Big Root / Ability = Poison Point
Thing here is that this moveset was already voided when I replaced Stun Spore with Petal Dance...the reason for this is I plan to get rid of all those moves when I evolve it into {roserade} ...where it will be more offensive...

Anyway, as far as moves that inflict status effects on pokemon I don't like most of them cause they seem to have a high chance of missing or messing up soon after they hit...I like Poison, Burn & Freeze...Paralysis barely work most of the time which make it not worth it most of the time, Sleep seems to always play you for a fool except with maybe Darkrai due to opponents either having the ability Early Bird or them just simply waking up too early at times even without it & then guess what happens next?, & finally confuse is simular to Sleep to me except the pokemon does damage to itself instead of just not attacking & finally, Attract is while powerful not flexable as you need the opponent's pokemon to be the opposite gender of yours & the fact that it only works while your pokemon is out & genderless pokemon are not affected by it at all...I'm more for moves like Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Sludge Bomb & Stealth Rock etc. as they don't miss for the most part except maybe Leech Seed & has effects kind of like burn & confuse...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
...I'm more for moves like Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Sludge Bomb & Stealth Rock etc. as they don't miss for the most part except maybe Leech Seed & has effects kind of like burn & confuse...

I dig that. I'm trying to work out a moveset for my {cacturne}. I like it's 'Sand Veil' ability, which ups its evasion in Sandstorm. Combined with Toxic, Ingrain, and Leech Seed and I can gan life every turn while most other types lose life. It's just a shame Cacturne seems to have so many weaknesses, as a Grass/Dark type...

Thanks guys, you've all inspired me a bit. Think I'll try and make a whole bunch of debilitating alts, after I finish training the team I've got at the mo. :)

... course, HGSS come out in a week or two... o_O

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I Have a anotha combo dat sounds interestin, but unfortunately, it only works on slow female pokemon!

My pokemon is a Togekiss *Timid* (Male named D-Rich) lvl 50 wit da ability Serene Grace.

*Attract
*Sweet Kiss
*Toxic
*Air Slash

Item held: King's Rock

I have came wit a killer combo dat it would be a must have in any pokemon team!

If a pokemon is slower than Togekiss, it will work da best. I start out wit Attract to infatuate da pokemon (if pokemon is da opposite sex) then I'll confuse it wit sweet kiss. By then, da opposin pokemon will have a less chance of ya opponents pokemon attackin u! But dats only da beginnin of dis devastin combo! After its confused and attracted, I then will badly poison da pokemon wit Toxic, inflicted damage and more damage every turn! Now, it's time for da fun part! I'll finally start attackin da pokemon wit Air Slash which has a 30% chance of flinchin, which in Togekiss (wit Serene Grace) makes da flinchin chance 60%. If Togekiss holds Kings Rock, then da Air Slash move will have a total of 70% chance of flinchin which makes da opposin pokemon, not only less likely to attack, but also faintin ya pokemon quicker than u think!

Let me know what y'all think about my combo!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm. its a nice combo, but it would work even better if you EV trained its speed and attack, Pokemasterballer. lol, and holifax? i have a torterra with the exact smae moveset and hold item, but i also EV trained its hp and defense. :)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
...I'm more for moves like Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Sludge Bomb & Stealth Rock etc. as they don't miss for the most part except maybe Leech Seed & has effects kind of like burn & confuse...

I dig that. I'm trying to work out a moveset for my {cacturne}. I like it's 'Sand Veil' ability, which ups its evasion in Sandstorm. Combined with Toxic, Ingrain, and Leech Seed and I can gan life every turn while most other types lose life. It's just a shame Cacturne seems to have so many weaknesses, as a Grass/Dark type...

Well on top of all of that it also has painfully low Defense "&" Special Defense stats...thus Ingrain wouldn't be able to be set up anyway, & I did some research & yes omg it has all of it's weaknesses from both of it's types which is just awful I mean really & bug does x4 damage to it & alot of pokemon learn bug moves...I guess it's a good thing it's fast...

Oh & yeah...I forgot to mention earlier that I have a {altaria} in the works with the following specs in mind;
Altaria *
Nature = Serious for now but I plan to eventually have it with an Impish nature...yeah...
Item = ? maybe Leftovers (wasn't thinking of it having a item when I started putting it together so...)
Ability = Natural Cure (must be this one for it's set up to make any sense what-so-ever...)
IVs = At least high in every catagory...but probably no 31s...yeah...not a IV breeder, yet...
EVs = Eventually will be like this, HP 252, ATK 6 & SPE 252...I haven't been in any competitive battles yet so...not the best at this...
Movepool = Facade / Feather Dance / Roost / Dragonbreath or Dragon Pulse (I am debating this...)

How is this...good, bad, ok...?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
Lawence Codye wrote:

Oh & yeah...I forgot to mention earlier that I have a {altaria} in the works with the following specs in mind;
Altaria *
Nature = Serious for now but I plan to eventually have it with an Impish nature...yeah...
Item = ? maybe Leftovers (wasn't thinking of it having a item when I started putting it together so...)
Ability = Natural Cure (must be this one for it's set up to make any sense what-so-ever...)
IVs = At least high in every catagory...but probably no 31s...yeah...not a IV breeder, yet...
EVs = Eventually will be like this, HP 252, ATK 6 & SPE 252...I haven't been in any competitive battles yet so...not the best at this...
Movepool = Facade / Feather Dance / Roost / Dragonbreath or Dragon Pulse (I am debating this...)

How is this...good, bad, ok...?...

You'll probably want to use a Toxic orb so that Facade will actually be a good move.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Thanks "haga11111"...& I will once I actually get to the Battle Zone in the game I have it in...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]