It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What level is pikachu? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Post Re:
Living Arrow wrote:
Considering how weak Pikachu seems whenever Ash enters a new region (e.g. close match with Taillow, lost to Corphish... i think) I'd say it completely depends on where he is. i.e. its level is reduced to 5 whenever he gets to a new place. The attacks that it knows are irrespective of this, considering it knows more than 4 moves now.

i think your right because in every new region pikachu gets owned by completely weak Pokemon.
i mean c'mon in 4 years you would think pikachu would be like lv 150 now

Just Got Soul Silver!
3-14-10

PM me if you want to battle or trade.
FC:1676 9742 6708 (Platnum)
FC:4426 3660 4204 (SoulSilver)
Pokemon: {torterra} {feraligatr} {charizard} {electivire} {kingdra} {dusknoir}

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Illiterate
Illiterate

in the first episode it was lv. 1 :o

i would say Lv. 60 :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think in the anime pika like revert to level 10 like every new season cuz everytime ash dumps all the old guys with professor and its just those 2 pikachu cant kill anything once again ; /

By hammythepig
-by zombie

(Avatar by dragonvoid)

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

lv 60

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

He must be petty freaking strong if in pokemon 3: spell of the unknown, he knocks out a golem - it should've been immune to the attack!

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

actually if the anime had included levels like in the games pikachu would have been at Lv. 100 before or during Battle Frontier

just think about it Ash has used Pikachu in almost every battle, Pikachu has traveled thru Kanto, the Orange Islands, Hoenn, the Battle Frontier and (spoiler warning) halfway thru Sinnoh so my assumption is if Pikachu had taken a lot experience(more than the normal amount of exp. required to level up a Pikachu) to cilmb up each level.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Amazing avvy made by Afonso, be sure to visit the Fusion Market!
Pikachu can beat pretty much everything but get's beaten by a Chimchar or some other weak pokemon, my guess is that his level get's restarted after every Gen.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I know he can't be level 100. There are stronger Pokémon than him that beat him easily.
I know his level can't be restarted every gen. That just plain makes no sense. If you believe that Pokémon can gain levels like in the games, then it couldn't go back to lv.1 because Pokémon don't go down levels in the games.
His level wouldn't be level 60 because then every gym battle would be won in about 2 minutes.
I'd say if there are levels in the animé, Pikachu must be between levels 40 and 55. If it's level 40, it would be able to beat most weaker Pokémon but can still be beaten by the better ones, but would be given a good challenge to do so. If it's level 55, it would easily beat most weaker and better trained Pokémon, but would have a challenge fighting the strongest ones.
I'd like to say levels don't exist, but they refer to levels in the Mystery Dungeon Specials, so I'd have to say Ash's Pikachu is around level 45, but I still think levels don't matter that much anyway, just how experienced the Pokémon and its trainer is, and since Ash has been through at least 5 league challenges, Ash and Pikachu must be very experienced, and thus very powerful.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Amazing avvy made by Afonso, be sure to visit the Fusion Market!
Ah, but you are missing the point of my post. Since anime has nothing whatsoever to do with the game mechanics the level can be altered anyway.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
According to Gold, Silver, and Crystal, his Pikachu is probably at Lv. 81. But it could've gone higher since that was in Johto.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Anime doesnt go in accordance with levels but if they did i would say his level is somewhere in the 60's or maybe 70's. Who knows?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In HG/SS it is level 90.

So definitly 90.

pikachu weak defense is condemned even worse by hp...level 90 pikachu=well trained fully evolved level 40s...but how it gets beat by chimchar,...or other weaklings..is ash`s fault,not pikachu`s..using an attack that is not effective is the trainers fault not the pokemon`s.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:08 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would have to agree that the anime has no formal level system. It's probably the same matter for pokemon as it for humans - that if you're healthy and in shape, you're going to be stronger, and pokemon have abilities and bodies which would naturally augment their strength and weaknesses compared to other pokemon. That's not to say that a water pokemon would always beat a fire pokemon, because even in the game that's obviously not true, and even less so in the anime.

Also, consider some of Pikachu's battles. If it were up to a matter of time and training to boost a number which dictates a pokemon's strength, then Pikachu should be Ash's strongest by far, with Charizard and possibly Sceptile providing any competition for the spot at all. Pikachu is definatly his favored pokemon, he does everything with Ash, and it would be sensible that Pikachu would be trained the most, whether with other pokemon, or on it's own.

Yet in Hoenn, I remember that in Ash's first battle against Norman near the start of the saga, that Norman's Vigoroth beat Pikachu rather easily, but when Ash actually challenged for the badge, an injured Pikachu manages to battle Vigoroth to a draw, and Grovyle defeats the Slaking single handedly, the Slaking, who by all rights, should be of a higher "level".

What would make more sense would be if there was a level aspect at all, then that it would fluctuate, dependant on the condition of the pokemon, it's body, it's capabilities, and it's age, in most cases.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would have to agree with previous posters in saying that pikachi is beyond level 100. Even though as Frost mentioned anime dosen't really have levels. but if we suppose the anime pokemon did pikachu would be around like level 400-500. It seems that when Ash and Pikachu went to the Sinnoh region Pikachu like lost a whole bunch of levels because now pikachu loses all the time. Like to Paul and almost every Gym Leader Pikachu lost to the first time around. So now i would say pikachu is like level 30 when before he was like a level insanly high compared to everybody elses pokemon.

{pikachu} {grotle} {chimchar} {staravia} {buizel} {gliscor}
Come on Ash really? the best you could do is this? you used to have a {charizard} and decent pokemon. This team would be good for somebody challenging Eterna City gym. Ash is already past Canalave City Gym.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wouldn't quite say he's level 100 yet, because he still gets beat by the odd random trainer, plus in HGSS, it says he is level 90, so that might be accurate. I say in the show, he's about level 80-90. I'm also sure his Charizard is level 100.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Come on Ash really? the best you could do is this? you used to have a {charizard} and decent pokemon. This team would be good for somebody challenging Eterna City gym. Ash is already past Canalave City Gym.

Don't worry about his team, it'll come together. I suppose you don't keep up with the Japanese version? He gets a lot better.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I woulds say that it is around 70 or 80 but that the elite four and the chamion are around 90 - 100

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well that's the big question isn't it? Some would say level 101, since it could take out super-uber Pokemon with a Thunderbolt; it could even take out an Onix with Thunderbolt, but it lost to a Buizel and a Magikarp.

The anime world reflects our world, so you can't really determine a pokemon by a level, sort of like how you don't give levels to boxers. I think it would be more interesting if Pikachu had a solid fighting style, like rush and zap, and others with a different fighting style like Counter/projectile would defeat it, not becuase it's necessarily stronger, but has a technique that counter's Pika's.

Plot twist: There are two Pikachus!

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:

Come on Ash really? the best you could do is this? you used to have a and decent pokemon. This team would be good for somebody challenging Eterna City gym. Ash is already past Canalave City Gym.

Yeah, i agree, in johto his totodile never evolved and it had intense battles at the final championships. Cyndaquil, too.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

His teams are supposed to be "powerful" but really anyone could come along an beat the crap out of Ash in a Pokemon battle without even trying. Plus, Ash relies on Brock a lot for strategies and whatnot. If Brock wasn't with Ash, Ash probably would not have gotten as far as he is now (he'd probably still be in Kanto trying to get his first set of badges).

Well, that's my two cents anyway. You can agree or disagree as you please.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yea, the show does not deal with levels. I agree that it is just a simplified version of the game simply for entertainment purposes. Pikachu sometimes defeats pokemon that it should not have a chance against but on the contrary it sometimes loses to pokemon that it should defeat quickly.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

id say level 88 since in soul silver that's what level red's is

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: (Well the location of my face) Infront of the D.S screen of course!
There are levels in pokemon. But they are never used. In a super early episode Bulbasuar is fighting a Rhyhorn and Bulbasuar is getting pwd. Then Misty says: ''Wow, that Ryhdon must be a high LEVEL''. Oh yeah Pikachu is Lv. 82

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2