It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Would You Prefer The Anime To Be More Like The Manga? 

Manga Style Or Keep It As It Is
Like The Manga 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
As It Is 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

Would You Prefer The Anime To Be More Like The Manga? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, one day I found myself reading the pokemon manga (pokemon special?) and I suddenly thought to myself, wait a minute what if the anime was more like this? Surely it would be much better than the stuff (or as I like to call it s**t) thats on our TV's right now? I mean, if it was it may be considered to be an even more high ranked anime, up there with likes of Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Code Geass (I'll stop listing anime now :wink: ). To me the Manga has alot more character depth to it, well, apart from the main character naming department, and the storylines are so much more gripping, not to mention the higher level of action (possible spoiler for those who havent read the manga, such as ruby getting his face ripped by a salamence :o ). However this is just one persons opinion, so Psypoke Community, the question that I ask you is this, Manga style, or as it is... :?:

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I prefer the way it is right now, anime. The magna is ok, but I never really liked the magna.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

MAnga Rocks

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

THERE IS MANGA???

Where did you find it?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ardwennem2 wrote:
THERE IS MANGA???

Where did you find it?

OneManga.com has at least through Saffron City in the RBG manga, last I recall (being at least a year ago), while lolstop has transcripts through Diamond and Pearl, but they switched Blue's (Gary) and Green's (Female playable character) names, but really, I prefer Gary as Green and the female character as Blue far more, since this is where I was introduced to the manga.

From what I read of the manga itself, the transcripts seemed to be far more dramatic and serious in my opinion, probably made so by the lack of the kid friendly and excitable illustrations. That, and the fact that I had already read every transcript from RBG through Emerald before finding the illustrated form, and didn't take the transition well; the story is very good in any case, and I definately suggest reading it if you get the chance.

I would most definately love to see the manga become an anime series, and it is definately up there with the likes of Bleach and Code Geass. It only lacks the name under Shonen Jump. It would be so much more popular among the older groups than the current anime is. I firmly believe that if the manga was more widespread and not so overwhelmed by the stereotype the anime gives, pokemon would be more than just a "kid's game" to many of those who look down on it; however, some of the manga has become a bit much for me lately anyway; like much of the rest of the franchise, the manga was also far more dignified in its early days. Those "early days" just lasted it a lot longer.

I would likely swap the anime for the manga any day, but I'm not sure if I could give up Pokeshipping to do so, they've grown on me a lot lately.

EDIT: Awww... poor Celebi... Psypokes doesn't seem to like it... lol

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:04 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks a lot.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think it would be great if the anime would take after the manga. Since the anime seemed to only be good for its first season and has been steadily decreasing in watchability. From what I have read of the manga the characters aren't that annoying, it has more interesting plots then the anime but it still has funny moments in it.

Heart Gold: 0303 2082 5708
Diamond: 0689 7105 0294

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Manga because the Ash (Red in manga) would actually evolve his pokemon like a normal person and I also like the idea of the Elite 4 being evil

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

certain aspects of the anime have always stuck with me, like the comic relief, but i like the action dealt in battle scenes in the manga over what's displayed in the anime. also, personally, i can't stand the nice-guy Lance in the anime; his manga evil counterpart would totally pwn him in an anime vs. manga battle! ^^

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: (Well the location of my face) Infront of the D.S screen of course!
The Manga rocks! Imagane Red Yellow and Blue! On the f***** tv!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]