It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Too Old!? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hello, Psypokians!

We all know that we're not too old for pokemon, but my parents just don't get it. Lately I've been obsessed with Rockman.EXE (the Japanese megaman battle network) and I wanted to buy a Rockman toy from eBay. (the Progress PET) I have the money to buy the toy, shipping included. My parents, who have never bought anything from eBay are skirmish to use Paypal, and try to change the topic by saying "Aren't you too old for this stuff?" or "So, who else at your school plays with these?" >.> I'm sure that many of you aren't living with your parents or are parents yourselves, but this really irks me to no end. :/ what have your parents told you that you're "too old" for?

my list:
Pokémon,
Rockman,
Digimon, etc.

PowerPeanut

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well my parents don't really care with what I play with so I have never really experienced things like this.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pokemaniac wrote:
Well my parents don't really care with what I play with so I have never really experienced things like this.

Same here, I've never been told I'm to old to play something.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Pokemon and Power Rangers are the main two.

My parents know that I still watch and/or play and/or otherwise enjoy both franchises and they don't make a big deal about it, but I'm sure they'd be all like "Why do you still like this?" if they were completely honest with me.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

My mom has never questioned my age about anything. The last Pokemon game I got for Christmas was in 2006 (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon; the later Pokemon games I bought myself) and I was 18. She never once asked me why I wanted it or lectured me on being too old.

I believe she just wants to see me happy. It'd hurt if she told me I was too old and was being immature for liking Pokemon, Power Rangers, etc., so she doesn't say anything about it.

I'm kind of curious to know how old you are, anyway? You can't be that old if you're still in school.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i wish. My mum wont let me go for a bike license. Im too much of a ***** to do it anyway cos she always pulls the waterworks & refugee anecdotes if i go all rebellious. **** me. All the other kids have got one. Im 20 in less than half a year.

i cant think of any instance where my rents think im too old for something though. I guess i quit tennis a few years back cos i was too old for that, but thats about it i reckon.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My parent tells me all the time "why do you keep buying these gundam models). She thinks that there noting but trash, but its not true what I see are Masterpiece Artwork that I build, paint and assemble. There my Prise Possesions :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Pokemaniac wrote:

This is the sum of it...though they are biased about paying for Yugioh cards (yes, I collect them) & every version of all my favorite handheld game systems that come out like the DS systems (I still need the DSi & the Colbalt on Black DSLite).

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
This is the sum of it...though they are biased about paying for Yugioh cards (yes, I collect them) & every version of all my favorite handheld game systems that come out like the DS systems (I still need the DSi & the Colbalt on Black DSLite).

Hey it's no big deal. I just started playing Yu-Gi-Oh back in September and I have a whole load of cards. Maybe we could trade sometime.. :wink:

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Pokemaniac wrote:
Quote:

Hey it's no big deal. I just started playing Yu-Gi-Oh back in September and I have a whole load of cards. Maybe we could trade sometime.. :wink:

Well so do I but due to location differences I don't see the action of trading being possible...

Oh, & I forgot to mention they are also biased about me collecting Bennie Babies...a great source to inspiration when coming up with pokemon though... 8-) yeah, I'm one of those people who enjoy seeing things that are deadly but cute, I can't explain this.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:09 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They never really cared about that kind of thing. This is sort of funny because I pushed things that I thought were kiddish out of my life when I was 13. I wanted to be grown up then. I've been playing around with pokemon lately, but that's something that all ages can enjoy. Well, the games at least.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dont care if people think Im too old. Im 22 and i love pokemon. I think I will never give it up. My mom thinks some of them are cute. My dad dosent really care. I will continue to play. Im axiously awaiting the american release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It dosent matter how old you are. Pokemon is for all ages.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My parents don't care too much either what I do, so long as it doesn't interfere with school. They haven't said a word to me about being to old for pokemon in years, though my mother will sometimes roll her eyes if the subject is brought up. I think they got the gist when I was fourteen that I was too stubborn and I liked what I liked.

Though when I was fourteen, PBS kids was still on my sister's and my watch list; Zaboomafu was fun!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Pokemon & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Like Frost said, my parents never really say anything but if they were honest I am sure they would tell me to grow up.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My mom is sorta in between (dad is dead). She does say every once in awhile "Aren't you to old for pokemon or yugioh" She doesn't say that about my love for Gundam (defiently the new series. Gundam 00 which i LOVE) or DBZ (although she hates even listening to DBZ cause according to her it sounds like grown men taking to take the biggest crap ever) but if she ask me what i want for my b-day or christmas and its either a pokemon game, yugioh cards or anything other of that sort she doesn't really complain. She just gets it if she can and wraps it up. She just wants me to be happy even if she doesn't understand why a 21 year old could enjoy those sorts of things.

Glad to see other 20+ year olds that like pokemon and what not are ACTUALLY out there. now just to find some in my area cause its not to easy tocollect them all when ur the only one that plays them.

92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

To my parents, it's just another video game.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The only people who don't get it are the people who have never played. And honestly, most normal children don't get everything out of Pokemon because it requires so much strategy. It's best played as an adult.

I always tell people I'll be playing it in my rocker.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sometimes I wonder if I should feel insecure about liking Pokemon. My mother is the type that is somewhat always supportive, she'll smile and say something like "You've loved Pokemon ever since you were a child, I remember when you use to be able to say all of their names." My dad doesn't really care either and my mate plays it and gets episodes every now and again. My brother calls me a nerd even though he's into stuff like playing Gmod and scripting crap. My other friend disapproves sometimes, but that's only when I'm trying to annoy him with it, also he's a bogan.

Quote:
The only people who don't get it are the people who have never played. And honestly, most normal children don't get everything out of Pokemon because it requires so much strategy. It's best played as an adult.

I always tell people I'll be playing it in my rocker.

Said like someone awesome.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My parents think i'm too old to play pokemon (And watch the movies and episodes)..They also think i'm too old to 'watch cartoons and read comics' by that they mean Anime and Manga. I'm just glad i bought my own pokemon games and watch/read the rest online.

{darkrai}

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lets see... Pokemon, Power Rangers, Yu-Gi-Oh, would have to be mine.

My parents for the most part don't really care they want me to be happy, but I know deep down they would rather me spend my money/time on more productive items than these.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

shinashu taji wrote:
Lets see... Pokemon, Power Rangers, Yu-Gi-Oh, would have to be mine.

My parents for the most part don't really care they want me to be happy, but I know deep down they would rather me spend my money/time on more productive items than these.

Lol, tell them Pokemon IS productive and show them the pokedex. Would be funny.

{darkrai}

Sat May 01, 2010 3:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well my mom tells me all the time im too old for cartoons but at 17 i dont see what the problem is i know of many adults who still use to watch nickelodeon in the good days when they had shows worth watching instead of stupid crap like Victorious, Big Time Rush, and True Jackson they're going to be the reason i stop watching nick.

Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I intend to ignore stupid comments that comes from anyone.

Thu May 13, 2010 9:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well ... I think my signature answers part of the question. Last year I had borrowed FR and a GBA from a friend when my wife was getting a knee surgery. I figured I'd need something to kill time for a while. I got completely hooked. Bought my own GBA & Ruby, then LG, then the old Silver ver. I won't get into the "discussion" my wife & I had about my buying a DS lite (cobalt on black ;-) ) and HG. But she mostly doesn't understand my fondness for adventure games. My mom & dad don't really have much say in what I do anymore ... LOL. But it still came down to the fact that I had already saved up the money for it.

Of course, we won't mention her addiction to the "Nancy Drew" computer games. :-)

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

im like the only 17 year i know who plays but the games did come out in my 1st grade so it is logical for me to continue the series.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next