It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Misty's Togepi 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I was thinking about the earlier days of Pokemon a while back, and I realized that I had never seen Togepi being called into a pokeball. She always stayed in Misty's pack rather than a pokeball, even during the first movie, when a pokeball would have been infinitely safer against injury to a baby than a cloth sack, when Mewtwo was capturing the other pokemon; easier to hide, too.

My question is: Did Misty ever actually catch Togepi, or was she wild the whole time, just staying wither her "Mother"?

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but even Pikachu was shown to have a pokeball, even if said pokeball has yet to see the light of day since.

And yes, I know Togepi, nor any other general pokemon was assigned a gender, aside from Mewtwo, Meowth, and the like, but I prefer to attach genders to the pokemon. It feels a lot better than calling them "It"; I’m sorry if that deviates off topic, but it has always bothered me.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You have a good point. In no episode in season 1-12, which aren't banned at least, did Misty catch togepi. I have seen all of them so I can tell. (in case you don't believe me, I saw the ones which aren't dubbed yet subbed)

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is a good point. I have seen a fair share of the episode as well and never have I seen togepi ever in a pokeball. This is really interesting.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]