It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pokemon Generation 5 announced - due Fall 2010 in Japan 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I want them to evolve for different reasons other battling. Forretress is my favorite bug type pokemon and I think it would be cool to see what they could do with it.

As for Donphan, hes to small to be an elephant... I love big pokemon.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think Furret should have a really bulky build & attack setup if it gets an evolution.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just thought of something that would be kind of neat in new Generations: evolutions of old legendaries. I know they can't do that because some of the Legends are so powerful, but I think that could be a cool addition to the games. Hell, we've all been waiting for Mewthree for a while now. I'd like to see evos of the Birds/Dogs/Golems, too (maybe not golems since we have Regigigas). That could add a whole new tier to competitive battling if executed well. I can see it now: Super Uber. Not really. Can't wait for Articuatro, Zapcinco, and Molses. Silly thought, huh?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Articuatro, Zapcinco, and Molses: I keeled over laughing when I heard that. Nice.

But, in all honesty, I doubt they will give legendaries evolutions. I think they'll just give more pointless evolutions (more Eeveelutions anyone?) and some nice ones. I'm looking for Pinsir and Qwilfish evolutions since those Pokemon rock.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:51 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Many people have stated that they don't want anymore eeveelutions. I however think they should go ahead and make every type, they may as well since the creation of Leafeon and Glaceon sort of broke the barrier. Eeveelutions will work great as long as they make sure to give the new types unique purposes in game, do we really need them? probably not, will it hurt if they make more? not a bit.

Rock (Which I want personally), Poison, flying, Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Bug, Ground, Fighting and Normal (not counting eevee), These are the choices they have for future games.

I will go ahead and say that the Regilution era will probably take effect as well. Golems have many purposes and meaning, like other fantasy world games, the pokemon world uses elemental types, Rock, Steel, Ice. I can see them creating fire, water, Poison, electric, grass and ground, the other types are unique and not actually an element.

I will be holding a contest here soon on both Eeveelutions and Regilutions, want to see how creative psypoke is when it comes to style & creative thinking. (Please, wait for my thread to open before posting your ideas, Keep this thread on track)

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Crosman wrote:

I will be holding a contest here soon on both Eeveelutions and Regilutions, want to see how creative psypoke is when it comes to style & creative thinking. (Please, wait for my thread to open before posting your ideas, Keep this thread on track)

i look forward to it,

also congrats on 1k posts

also, i dont think they need new evolutions of old guys.

It always makes me said when i think of the previous best evo that i used to use .

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

... I agree it is too soon, but it would be nice if it came out quickly, only it shouldn't be so hasty that the game is bad of course.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

stantler evolve form; caribou normal/steel
Dunsparce wyvern Dragon/normal

Bug/Water type evolves from paras when holding a slowpoke tail
It would have a slowbro shelder shell, still have dry skin/ poision point ability

Pure Flying type (fruit bat)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Pure Flying type (fruit bat)

They'll never do a pure flying type. Ever. http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/pokedex-type/flying

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I've come to terms with the fact that Gen V is on it's way...instead I now want them to make a story that I actually wouldn't mind playing through again as I am tired of the opposite happening since ever...but no as long as they do most of the following I can deal with it...

1. make a electric/flying type combo pokemon that isn't legendary like maybe a cockatrice pokemon with these types
2. make an grass/electric or electric/grass type combo pokemon that isn't legendary cause it's very easy to do I mean really
3. make more dark type pokemon period, just make them interesting pokemon at that & I'm sold as Honchkrow is currently the best thing that ever happened to the dark type...ever
4. make another type to represent light as electric isn't cutting it even with only 1 weakness
5. change some pokemon's base stats to make them more useful & stop making the pokemon at the start of the game...trash stats wise
6. make the fire starter defense based for once
7. make a fire/electric or electric/fire type combo pokemon
8. make a fire/water or water/fire type combo pokemon
9. make more ice type pokemon that are actually capable of being beautiful like another non legendary articuno(ice/flying) type combo pokemon
10. another bat pokemon maybe another dark/flying type combo or...
11. a pure normal type pokemon that packs as much a punch as Slaking but without the stupid ability...like a monsterous squirrel that starts out small but gets gigantic at it's final evolution stage
12. exclusive dark type pokemon using gym leader (dark gym)
13. baby kangaskhan seriously
14. there's more but I either covered it somewhere else or just don't think more needs to be said by me...I'm done talking now

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why does that mean they will never make a pure flying type?
Only a Pure or fighting type combination is left
and with water
Its just ghost and fire (but they should make another bug/water) left

Reasons for a flying fox (bat) to be a pure flying type
1. Bats flew long before birds ever did.
2. Flying foxes are still fairly active during the day, although most sleep
3. Bats always get a bad rap because they are nocturnal, thus it shouldn't be a dark type, Look how they made the last bats, part posion type,
Often used by the evil gangs of EVERY game, Even read this entry for golbat in saphire:
GOLBAT bites down on prey with its four fangs and drinks the victim's blood. It becomes active on inky dark moonless nights, flying around to attack people and POKéMON.
Even the infamous vampire bats don't ATTACK people
4. Think about it bats wings always apear on demons and dragons, while bird wings appear on angle which is truely a mutation, Humans would most likely have bat wings as they like bats are mammals.

All in all bats are Uber cool, and deserve some good publicity, admit it bats are adorable.

Image Image

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, bats are cute, yes they should make a pure flying type, and yes, bats would make a great pure flying type, but not even the BIRDS in the games are pure flying types.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:
Yes, bats are cute, yes they should make a pure flying type, and yes, bats would make a great pure flying type, but not even the BIRDS in the games are pure flying types.

This said...any pure Flying Type pokemon they make will just end up being Normal/Flying Type pokemon at the end of the day so...
They "should" however just hurry & make a Ghost/Fire or Fire/Ghost type combo already cause there are plenty of things to give such a type combo to...heck, they should have done this with {vulpix} or at least {ninetales} ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fire/Ghost type
Wisp, is a ghostly light sometimes seen at night or twilight over bogs, swamps, and marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is sometimes said to recede if approached. Much folklore surrounds the phenomenon.
Image Could be an evolved form of haunter the gasous ghost

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Or that could just be the move Will-o-wisp.

Pure flying is doubtful, as the move roost would have problems.

Dunsparce evo would be cool, though I hope they the remove flinch boosts from serene grace.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

what else would would a fire ghost be? beside look at grimer and muk the SLUDGE pokemon which also happens to be the name of a move, or say diglett?
And roost causes it to lose its classifacation as a flying type it doesn't actual lose its type, It would just take neutral damage from all attacks, which isn't that bad.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

So Gamefreak, where's my Bug/Dragon Pokemon? You really **** up with Flygon!

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hmm... A pure flying Pokemon is very doubtful, but if anything it would probably some type of wind spirit. But, there should be some really vexing combos too in the next generation. Dark and Psychic is one I've put out there numerous times, yet we still don't have anything remotely like my dragonite-rank wolf Canersia (though, I guess wolf-man would probably be a better descriptor for him). In any case, I'm hoping the fifth gen will bring in some really weird ideas for Ghost Pokemon. For instance, Final Fantasy used zombie/fossil dragons in a couple games, so I'd like something on the lines of that in Pokemon. Also, we should have a Painting Pokemon of some kind (not be confused with Smeargle, the "Painter" Pokemon). I've come up with somethings based on these ideas, but I still want to see them actually done at some point...

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If they made a wind spirit, it would most definitely be a Flying/Ghost. But to see a bone Pokemon that was Ghost/Dragon would be pretty cool.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
So Gamefreak, where's my Bug/Dragon Pokemon? You really **** up with Flygon!

In this situation, Gamefreak better bring out an actual Bug/Dragon type combo pokemon or else cause I though {yanmega} was one on first glance til I trained one & saw the disapointment known as otherwise & {flygon} really was ****** by them...seriously Gamefreak, make a got **** dragonfly pokemon that's a Bug/Dragon type combo or so help me, so help me lol...

Also...to this...

/vXv\ wrote:
what else would would a fire ghost be? beside look at grimer and muk the SLUDGE pokemon which also happens to be the name of a move, or say diglett?
And roost causes it to lose its classifacation as a flying type it doesn't actual lose its type, It would just take neutral damage from all attacks, which isn't that bad.

They could just make another youko themed pokemon seeing as they done multiples of various species like {butterfree} & {beautifly} both being butterflies & {venomoth} & {dustox} both being moths...I mean yes there's {ninetales} but maybe let {vulpix} evolve by another method like with {poliwrath} & {politoed} both evolving from {poliwhirl} via different items & methods...

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
The main thing I'm hoping for would be early on Pokemon that are actually useful (aside from the flying types, because the first flying type has been good for every generation in my opinion.)You just don't see that many people with Bibarel, Linoone, Raticate, etc. on their team nowadays.

I also hope that they don't introduce too many new pokemon (~100 or less would be nice), but that there are more useful ones this time around. So many Pokemon don't get enough love because Game Freak gave them bad stats and shallow movepools. It's okay to have weaker Pokemon, but the amount of neglected Pokemon is just ridiculous.

I guess a few Pokemon could use evolutions, but one evolution I never want to see is Absol. Absol's attack stat is already tied for 12th- an evolution would be a little ridiculous, and it probably wouldn't look as good. Dunsparce doesn't need one either- it's awesome enough already. I don't know about Farfetch'd.

Also, one thing they must never do is make a pure-flying type with Roost.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

haga11111 wrote:
I also hope that they don't introduce too many new pokemon (~100 or less would be nice), but that there are more useful ones this time around. So many Pokemon don't get enough love because Game Freak gave them bad stats and shallow movepools. It's okay to have weaker Pokemon, but the amount of neglected Pokemon is just ridiculous.

I'm hoping for 173 new Pokémon, more than any generation yet, to bring the total number to a nice 666.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ksemanr wrote:
haga11111 wrote:

I'm hoping for 173 new Pokémon, more than any generation yet, to bring the total number to a nice 666.

Lol, that'll go along well with our new "evil" pokemon. :D

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd also like it if they were to rearrange the Pokedex order so that evolutionary families are together, make sure Arceus is last (as it is the Pokemon god after all), maybe place some other legendaries so it makes more sense (Mewtwo comes before the Mew it was cloned from? wtf?), and a few other rearrangements possibly, but I doubt it'll happen.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ksemanr wrote:
I'd also like it if they were to rearrange the Pokedex order so that evolutionary families are together, make sure Arceus is last (as it is the Pokemon god after all), maybe place some other legendaries so it makes more sense (Mewtwo comes before the Mew it was cloned from? wtf?), and a few other rearrangements possibly, but I doubt it'll happen.

Which brings up another idea. If Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon (the first Pokemon to exist), who's the Omega Pokemon (the supposedly last Pokemon to naturally come into being)? Maybe I'm going off too much a tangent, but I think there should be some kind antithesis to the "God" of all Pokemon; not so much a generic devil figure, but just something that stands as a true opponent to Arceus rather than just a rebellious son like Giratina apparently is...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next