It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What's your favorite type of game? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

With so many games coming out these days, there's a lot of variety to choose from. There are shooters, rpg's, fighting games, sports games, puzzle games, and many more that I have no doubt forgotten. I tend to like rpg's and shooters myself. What do you guys like?

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Platformers, RPG's and some Fighting and Racing games. I hate Sports games and Shooters. Like CoD. I hate it. The only First-Person Shooter I like is Metroid Prime.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like RPGs, MMOs, turn based stratagy, RTS, most others but not much first person shooters.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:34 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Classic, sidescrolling platformers. My generation of choice is the 16 bit era which had Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, Super Mario All-Stars, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 through 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Aladdin, Lion King, Jurassic Park, Ren & Stimpy, Cool Spot, Toy Story, Virtual Bart, Altered Beast, and many others.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My favorite genre is platformers, followed by a tie between WRPGS and JRPGS.

FPS is high up too, thanks to amazing games like Goldeneye, Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Battlefield Bad Company 2 , etc.

I used to be pretty into RTS games like Age of Empires, but with no computer, I don't play them much anymore.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favourite types of games are sports, racing, fighting, and shooting games. P.S. what would you classify World of Warcraft? WoW is my fav game of all time! :D

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pokemon_god wrote:
P.S. what would you classify World of Warcraft? WoW is my fav game of all time! :D

WoW would fall under the MMORPG category; Massively Mulitplayer Role-Playing Game. I like MMORPG's too, but they're too expensive for me (and I don't have computer, heh).

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
WoW would fall under the MMORPG category;

Ahh, thanks R_R.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Action RPG, Pokemon is pretty awesome too, but I like beating the snot outta stuff before they get a chance to hit back.

(KH ftw!)

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My all time favorite type of game is RPG! Pokemon is 1st, Final Fantasy is 2nd, and Shadow Hearts is da 3rd favorite rpg game series!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mostly I like Racing,Shooting,War and Puzzle games. My most favorite game is Metal Gear Solid. It is really very interesting game and fun to play this game. I enjoy a lot this game. Its like a really cool maze done in 3d. What a great concept. Everything about Metal Gear Solid is great.The story,music ,graphics every think nice.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

FPS for the Pc, Xbox and the Nintendo
Racing for the PS 1, 2 and 3

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Each game in my top ten pretty much falls under a different genre. I can't say I really have a favorite. Ikaruga, SSBM, Castlevania III, Resident Evil 2, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, Pokémon, and Goldeneye 007 are all different types, so it's really hard to pick one.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:07 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
RPG & Beat-Em Up Action > Fantasy games...like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Based on this thread I'd have to say many of you aren't hardcore gamers, which, isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just what I assume. But my favorite types of games, are Action/Platformers/Adventure games, like Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, and Okami. Those were good games and the genre of platformers is dying. It makes me sad because those were great games. But shooters aren't bad and depeneding on which game it is, RPG's are good as well. I refuse to play JRPGs because they're too long and very boring and filled with teenage agnst. The only RPG's that I've played that were made in Japan are the Pokemon games, and Kingdom Hearts (if you even consider that an RPG).

Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

LittleBigPlanet is a very good platformer too. I hate to say it, but yeah, platforming is dying a very sad death. :( I'm definitely not a hardcore gamer and there are very few games I play anymore, but LBP was very enjoyable.

Thu May 20, 2010 4:32 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I think platformers will always be around as long as Mario is Nintendo's #1 mascot. So they will never be completely "gone."

They're not like beat 'em ups or some other genre which has totally disappeared over the years. The late 80's and early 90's had a ton of beat 'em ups like The Simpsons 4-player arcade game, the X-Men 6-player arcade game, the Golden Axe series, the Streets of Rage series and the Final Fight series. Except for Streets of Rage, all of these games began as arcade games and I guess that's why they've been demoted to the "forgotten relics" category considering arcade gaming has been dead for the better part of a decade. (Though moving to 3D certainly didn't help the genre survive either.)

Even though I'm a Poketard through and through, I can't say RPGs are my favorite types of games. Like, what other RPGs have I played besides Pokemon? The Mario RPGs and Final Fantasy, that's about it. I can take them or leave them. Fighting games have been my main love since I was four years old. Whether it be versus fighting (and I've played many over the years: Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage, Eternal Champions, Bloody Roar, Fighter's Destiny, various crossover series, etc., etc.) or beat 'em up games (see above), which are considered a subtype of fighting games, they've always been the games that draw me in.

Thu May 20, 2010 11:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

#1: Platformer. Other than the Sonic series, I think these games give you an unusual amount of satisfaction and feeling of ownage, especially the Mario series. Not neccessarily when you take out enemies, but when you impressively get through a level with grace and speed, it's almost a work of art. Mario, Earthworm Jim, and Rayman are some contenders.

#2: Shooter (3d) I'm torn on these. while they can be extremely fun, they can often get repetitive. Not exactly the game, but the games. So many FPS's are WWII recreations, with the same generic machine gun, pistol, sniper rifle, blad de blah blah... and of course, the violence. violence aside, these game can get the largest laughs out of anyone game enough. Just yesterday I leaped to the top of a balcony, a point away from victory, when a missile I fired Ko'd two opponents at one at the same time right at the one-second remaining mark. That was epic. Good contenders are Metroid Prime, GoldenEye 007, and Star Wars Battlefront.

#3 RPG. Most of the time these are really fun, but many have no replay value. Still, strategic fighting can be really satisfying, and RPG's tend to have the most tearjerking storylines ever. The beginning of one is always the best, when a level, new piece of armor, or a new spell gives you a sense of accomplishment. Then.... they get boring. But still leave a great memory. Good contenders are Pokemon, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, and World Ends with You.

And then we have 2d shooters, fighters, music, and puzzle, but I won't drag on about those...

Thu May 20, 2010 5:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i like RPG's to 1st person shooting games,3rd person action/stealth adventure games like assasins creed 2 really intrests me and football games (soccer)

Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

All shooters, RPGs, RTS.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i like games which has a sad and mysterious yet epic storyline (try to categourise that :D) like Alan Wake and Heavy rain

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Fighting Games and Action/Adventure. (Like Guilty Gear and Devil May Cry respectively)

and Spiritomb. If you didn't beat Heavy Rain yet, here's something for ya. : Origami Killer = Scott Shelby. Enjoy your game. :B

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Houndoom Guy wrote:
Fighting Games and Action/Adventure. (Like Guilty Gear and Devil May Cry respectively)

and Spiritomb. If you didn't beat Heavy Rain yet, here's something for ya. : Origami Killer = Scott Shelby. Enjoy your game. :B

Lol nice try buddy but youre a bit late beated it the first day i got it (and oh yeah spoiling aint nice :D)

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Spiritomb wrote:
Houndoom Guy wrote:

Lol nice try buddy but youre a bit late beated it the first day i got it (and oh yeah spoiling aint nice :D)

Yeeeeah. I suppose I was pretty late but meh.. One must try. Spoiling ain't nice. But it's pretty funny, huh? :B

But yeah. (Just to stay on topic) Favorite Type of game: Fighting Game.
I'm a bit of a fighting game connoisseur.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like Shooters and RPG's such as Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the Halo games.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next