It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Serious Team Help Needed. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello people, i need some massive help for my sapphire team. i tried to spice it up by adding a little variety and using pokemon that i have never used before. and its backfireing so i need a little advice on my moveset and if i should switch pokemon out. i will post my team and their stats etc. btw i did not beat the elite four yet.

Camerupt lv 45 {Camerupt}
Ability: Magma Armor
Nature: Gentle
Hp: 122
Attk: 104
Def: 69
Sp. Attk: 111
Sp. Def: 95
Speed: 56

Moves:

Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Eruption

camerupt has plausible attk and sp. attk but low speed and def, thus it get wiped out before getting to dish out the pain.

Dusclops lv 47 {dusclops}
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Hasty
Hp: 101
Attk: 72
Def: 120
Sp. Attk: 77
Sp. Def: 142
Speed: 41

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind, Curse(Will-O-Wisp?)

massive def and sp. def but low Sp. attk for a ghost, so i put in Calm Mind to help boost it. i was also thinkin about switching Curse for Will-O-Wisp

Muk lvl 45 {muk}
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Naughty
Hp: 162
Attk: 123
Def: 86
Sp. Attk:69
Sp. Def: 97
Speed: 62

Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge( Giga Drain?), Acid Armor, Minimize(Toxic?)

good ol muk. im happy with it statwise but moveset wise i have nothing to work. this is the first time that i have ever put a muk on my team need advise for this one.

Exploud lvl 45 {exploud}
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Adamant
Hp: 155
Attk: 110
Def: 72
Sp. Attk90:
Sp. Def: 72
Speed: 87

Moves: Stomp, Uproar, Pound, Hyper Beam

Serious advice need for this one. im lost.

Swampert lvl 48 {swampert}
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Naive
Hp: 166
Attk: 122
Def: 111
Sp. Attk:99
Sp. Def: 91
Speed: 86

Moves: Ice Beam, Brick Break, Earthquake, Protect

Electrode lv 48 {electrode}
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Timid
Hp: 123
Attk: 62
Def: 81
Sp. Attk: 88
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 161

Moves: Thunderbolt, Spark(charge?), Swift, Rollout

one of my strongest pokemon, just need a little moveset help

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Have you tried items? {camerupt} would probably be okay to give a Quick Claw to if you think it's worth it. You've got good STAB moves on it, which will help you if it can attack first.

I know that {muk} probably doesn't need an item... Your question on Giga Drain is probably very worth it. Especially if you add Toxic (good Poison attack for STAB), then you would have three attacking moves of the same type. Giga Drain would provide some variety, and probably hit most of the things that resist Poison. I like Acid Armor in there as well. But it truly depends on whether you want to keep Minimize or not...

Consider (if possible) a move for {exploud} that counters his weakness. Right now, with Soundproof, that helps a little, but Fighting types (especially strong Pokes using Fighting-type moves) will wipe the floor with it. You'd better hope that Hyper Beam KOs at this point... Also, try and replace Pound with something else. I'm pretty sure (since it's a Normal) that it could learn Body Slam, and that will help that it's a STAB. Right now, the only status ailment Exploud can conflict is... none.

Curse vs. Will-O-Wisp. In effect, you're hurting yourself in the hope that Curse will help you faint the opponent. Is it worth it? Burn also does drain HP, and doesn't sacrifice your HP to do it. Simple idea in my opinion... Otherwise, well done on {dusclops}, other than the fact you have no STAB attack. That would be the only reason to keep Curse, but does it increase the amount drained every turn? No, because it's already different when Ghosts use it. Interesting dilemma.

Keep me posted on how {swampert} works like that. I've never tried him that seriously, but that moveset does sound extremely interesting...

{electrode} should be fun. I know that it's not exactly in Sapphire, but in my LG version, I have him with Spark, Shock Wave, Sonicboom, Rollout. Great set that you have too. Charge is only going to make Electric attacks stronger, so you can decide if you want to give up one of those for Charge, I guess...

I hope this helps!

AEPMT :D

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For {camerupt} i dont have a quick claw yet so my plan is to give a citrus berry or something so that when its gets hit it could regen and dish out some damage. if it were a bit faster it would be excellent. it OHKO's most of the pokemon it fights......... after i revive it.

For {muk} I'm going to try out Giga Drain because of those so i could do some damage to steel types and i could have a move that could take out rock and ground types. ill tell you how that goes. as for hold item i could give it a leftovers or a shoal bell.

as for {exploud} i was thinking Focus Punch? or Brick Break? or Strength?

{swampert} is mopping the floor with other pokes... so far

i was thinking about teaching {electrode} Rain Dance(it can learn that right?) and electric attacks do double in rain right?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Psper12 wrote:

i was thinking about teaching {electrode} Rain Dance(it can learn that right?) and electric attacks do double in rain right?

Specifically if it learns both Rain Dance and Thunder, that would be a deadly combo to Flyers and Waters... Sounds like a plan. Strength isn't the best offensive HM in the game, sadly... Brick Break is a good one to think about because it breaks through Reflect and screens...

Focus Punch might be good too. However, if it does, you might try and grab a Psychic attack that hits for damage, because that will also hit Ghosts. And it's super effective on Fightings...

In the end, it's up to you.

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :P

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Psper12 wrote:

Specifically if it learns both Rain Dance and Thunder, that would be a deadly combo to Flyers and Waters... Sounds like a plan. Strength isn't the best offensive HM in the game, sadly... Brick Break is a good one to think about because it breaks through Reflect and screens...

Focus Punch might be good too. However, if it does, you might try and grab a Psychic attack that hits for damage, because that will also hit Ghosts. And it's super effective on Fightings...

In the end, it's up to you.

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :P
with the focus punch, i would have to immoblilze the opponent somehow before i use it so that it will hit and in RSE is shadow ball physical?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:45 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since you don't have a quick claw and you said your Camerupt gets floored before it can attack why don't you switch it out with a Ninetales. You can catch a Vulpix in the Mt.Pyre outside. Then assuming you have a fire stone (if you don't trade a red shard to a guy inside a house outside of Moosedeep City) evolve Vulpix.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

nice moveset for Swampert, a personal favorite, with the exception of Protect. i never was a fan of defensive moves, and often i would pick Surf, as it was great for double battles and amazing with his torrent ability.

Brick Break -- Metal Sound - Eruption
Earthquake - Shockwave --- ???

building a team for emerald. suggestions go here please
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26656

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

all i can really recommend about Swampert is replace protect with Surf. then again, i'm not one for using defensive moves. the advantages of giving him Surf means he has another double hit attack to rely on vs. flying types and just about anything strong vs. earthquake. secondly, it matches his element, meaning it gets a power boost (that or a move not matching his element isn't as good, i can never remember) and finally, due to his TORRENT ability, it goes up in power 1.5x whenever he drops to 1/3rd health. whereas protect makes him invincible for one round, which could be totally wasted if your opponent uses a stat booster THEN smacks you one. once again, i would like to state, i do not like defensive moves. if i can;t knock out my opponent in 2-3 hits, then i've built my pokémon wrong. beyond that, you've given him a decent moveset in my opinion :D

i don't really have advice on the others, and infact may be taking some advice. i'm raising a poison type for the first time (a Swalot) and she's coming along amazingly well so far, and is the current party tank. i'm raising a Numel, but she's not doing good without some heavy reliance on an Exp. Share. i may consider investing some training against specific pokémon and some stat items though... however, all i know about specific training, is if i level up fighting solely Aron, i'd get +8 to defense, nothing to anything else, so if anyone knows what pokémon helps raise Sp. Def, that'd be very useful :D

also, one final bit of advice... with exploud, you'll want to stop your foe from hitting you before you try using focus punch... maybe there's another pokémon in your group that can learn hypnosis/yawn? i don't really know them too well to tell without looking them all up. one thing that may help... Swamperts Ice Beam has a 1/16 chance to freeze
perhaps that's a perfect opportunity to use focus punch. you'd even have time to use stat boosting moves and items if that's how you like to play.

finally, if you need a quick claw... pay a visit to the teacher in Rustboro, where the first gym is. he hands one over no problem :D

good luck!

Brick Break -- Metal Sound - Eruption
Earthquake - Shockwave --- ???

building a team for emerald. suggestions go here please
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26656

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]