It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Why do the movies look cooler than the show? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

:shock: The new pokemon movie was good. but it got me thinking, why DO the movies look cooler than the show? in the movies there is much more movement, but in the show, it's like filp-o-rama. Please reply to this, I want to know who's with me.

Thank you

Mahomy, who beat pokemon dimond. :wink:

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
That would probably be cause the movie has better support then the show & like with all anime movies must have a better job did on them then the anime/show as the show is probably just done enough to better itself from the previous season & then shipped to your eyes.

In short, I'm with you &...Welcome to what is known as, Anime. 8-)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

It's called a budget. The movies tend to have one, while the anime is about low-budget as you can get while still having a TV show.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, the movies are supposed to create money. As was said before, the series is only there to further the pokemon movement.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:36 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Slade421 wrote:
Well, the movies are supposed to create money. As was said before, the series is only there to further the pokemon movement.

I'm pretty sure that the series exists to "create" money just like the movies do. Otherwise the show wouldn't have been renewed for 12+ seasons. The only difference is that the TV show has an incredibly low budget while they get a little more money to play with for the movies.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Most long-running series's movies have better quality than their respective series episodes. That happens to Pokemon, Digimon, Card Captors Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto, the list goes on. I'm pretty sure it's just they put more effort and money into the movies than the episodes, because there are so many of the latter, whilst the movies are few and are technically stand-alones (as in, shouldn't necessarily have sequels).

For example, many short series, mostly the ones with 15 episodes or less, the art quality is a lot better, even comparable to movies quality. For example, compare Samurai Champloo or Wolf's Rain to Digimon or Pokemon. You can easily see the differences.

Besides, most Pokemon movies don't go straight to the TV, but feature in the theaters first. And you don't want to go the movies and watch a 2-hour long "bad" quality Pokemon episode. Good quality makes a lot of difference.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]