It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 More remakes? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After HG and SS, i think there will be 5th generaion with a new console, and possibly a Ruby/Sapphire remake for that console. Thats how the pattern goes so far. And, said in a previous post, might be a slot for DS games,(Like the GBA slot in DS)to -pal-park, or something similar. There will be needs to get hoenn pokemon onto the new generation games. I doubt they will leave it for us to migrate to D/P/P off emerald, and then from D/P/P to ?/?/?. I am posting this to hear everyone else's thoughts aboutwhat might be happening after HG and SS

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Its interesting when you think about it, what id like to see after HG/SS is an amalgamation of all pokemon games, the real ones, onto the wii (or next gen nintendo console) for a massive 3D pokemon game, it wouldn't even have to "fully utilise the wiimote" for it to be awesome. It probably wont happen, but still it would be pretty sweet.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Houndoom_92 wrote:
Its interesting when you think about it, what id like to see after HG/SS is an amalgamation of all pokemon games, the real ones, onto the wii (or next gen nintendo console) for a massive 3D pokemon game, it wouldn't even have to "fully utilise the wiimote" for it to be awesome. It probably wont happen, but still it would be pretty sweet.

I agree, but i doubt the next generation of pokemon games will be on a console like the Wii, so far the generation games have been on the handheld consoles, i dont think they would change it, It would still be really cool if they conjoined all of the regions and had a larger full 3d game.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Don't we have quite a few topics like this :/

There definitely will be a fifth generation; there's no doubt about it. Pokemon games (the main RPGs anyway, not those lame spin-offs) are still top-selling material, so Nintendo will be back for more cash.

What is less certain, however, is whether it will be for a new console. The Nintendo DS is still doing well, and the DSi has only recently been launched anyway. If the fifth generation were to come out before a new console is launched, however, I do hope it'll be available for the DS instead of being a DSi exclusive game D:

By the way, I don't think the main RPGs will be made for consoles like the Wii. It's likely that they'll continue making them on handheld consoles.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

sN0wBaLL wrote:

(the main RPGs anyway, not those lame spin-offs)

I thought you liked spin-offs such as PMD.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

sN0wBaLL wrote:
Don't we have quite a few topics like this :/

There definitely will be a fifth generation; there's no doubt about it. Pokemon games (the main RPGs anyway, not those lame spin-offs) are still top-selling material, so Nintendo will be back for more cash.

What is less certain, however, is whether it will be for a new console. The Nintendo DS is still doing well, and the DSi has only recently been launched anyway. If the fifth generation were to come out before a new console is launched, however, I do hope it'll be available for the DS instead of being a DSi exclusive game D:

By the way, I don't think the main RPGs will be made for consoles like the Wii. It's likely that they'll continue making them on handheld consoles.

I have not seen any yet, and i have been on this forum for quite a few weeks, anyways, i think personally they will bring out a new console after Dsi and a new generation with it, the DSi to the Ds is just like the GBAsp is to the GBA, its simply an upgrade, So as the pattern has gone since generation I, there will be a new generation with a new handheld console, the 'lame spinoffs' as you out it (I dont disagree by the way) will be made for the Wii most likely, but i was just suggesting, imagine what it would be like with a full 3d pokemon RPG with all the regions, it will probably never happen but still, imagine it.
Manaphy10 wrote:
sN0wBaLL wrote:

(the main RPGs anyway, not those lame spin-offs)

I thought you liked spin-offs such as PMD.
PMD??

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darkrai-follower wrote:
PMD??

It stands for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 pm
Just your average 10 year old

I really doubt RSE remakes. There hasn't been much change since the originals. GSC and RBY got remakes because everything had changed so much.

Really the only important change since RSE was time, Physical/Special split, new Pokemon and moves.

RBYGSC had many important changes after them

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemon_god wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
PMD??

Ohh, ofc!
Beav232 wrote:
I really doubt RSE remakes. There hasn't been much change since the originals. GSC and RBY got remakes because everything had changed so much.

Really the only important change since RSE was time, Physical/Special split, new Pokemon and moves.

RBYGSC had many important changes after them
I was saying that because of the fact that after HG and SS they are trying to ditch the GBA link between them, and there wi-ont really be a way to get all the hoenn pokemon, unless throughout, DPP,HG and SS and next gen you can get them all, but after you saying that, i'm not so sure.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm somewhat neutral towards PMD, but it was actually still a lame game because everything in the game was pretty much the same. Dungeons were all very similar, and there was little to separate Pokemon as well.

However, for every decent Pokemon spin-off (I count Ranger to be somewhat decent too), there are probably three or four other horrible ones.
[/color]

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i honestly beleive that if they do make a 5th gen, they will cut off the 3rd and 4th gens from it like they did between 2nd and 3rd. it will just be a start of another cycle, i think the gens will come in pairs and i doubt they will go any farther than 6 gens. if they do, the game would get too crouded and confusing and the new pokemon would lack creativity completely.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
I would love to see a 5th generation with all new pokemon.

But to be honest, I would be against a RSE remake. That game was not faun for me. All the pokemon (except for salamence and metagross who are freikin BEAST) were weak. But that's my opinion but a %th generation would be awesome. :D

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

metagross4 wrote:
All the pokemon (except for salamence and metagross who are freikin BEAST) were weak.

Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Ludicolo
Gardevoir
Breloom
Slaking
Ninjask
Aggron
Medicham
Grumpig
Flygon
Altaria
Cradily
Armaldo
Milotic
Dusclops
Walrein
Gorebyss
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Approximately zero of these Pokemon are weak in battle, unless by "weak" you meant "I don't like them."

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:

I have not seen any yet, and i have been on this forum for quite a few weeks, anyways, i think personally they will bring out a new console after Dsi and a new generation with it, the DSi to the Ds is just like the GBAsp is to the GBA, its simply an upgrade, So as the pattern has gone since generation I, there will be a new generation with a new handheld console, the 'lame spinoffs' as you out it (I dont disagree by the way) will be made for the Wii most likely, but i was just suggesting, imagine what it would be like with a full 3d pokemon RPG with all the regions, it will probably never happen but still, imagine it.

ok...off topic but its an issue very close to my heart.....

The DS Lite is to the DS as the SP is to the GBA...

That STUPID DSi is to the DS as the GBA Micro is to the GBA. good try but we want to play our older games.....stupid little kids and not caring about the good older games....-grumblegrumble-

on topic:

A RSE remake would be great...On the next big handheld system....that would be great. RSE weren't my favorite games but they were still fun and I'd like to pay them again...in a few years...

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What is the point in this topic? Generation 5 is for DS. We know this as fact. 1. they said "brand new RPG for the DS" and 2. Gen 5 is set to release this year in Japan, the next Nintendo handheld hasn't even been revealed, let alone released in time for Gen 5 to be on it.

As for the next Nintendo handheld, they did state they are beginning to think of ideas for it, but also stated it will be a long way off. It will be quite some time after Gen 5 releases that the next handheld system will be out. Maybe Gen 6 will be on it, but not Gen 5.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized this is an older topic that got bumped by someone. Nevermind.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:14 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ksemanr wrote:
What is the point in this topic? Generation 5 is for DS.

Your right, the first game in generation 5 is for the Nintendo DS but, this forum is for Generation 5 in general meaning, you can post anything that relates to the new pokemon era including what type of games you think you will see in the future.

Topic is Valid.

Edit: After five long years I have reached 1000 post, yahoo.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Crosman wrote:
ksemanr wrote:
What is the point in this topic? Generation 5 is for DS.

Your right, the first game in generation 5 is for the Nintendo DS but, this forum is for Generation 5 in general meaning, you can post anything that relates to the new pokemon era including what type of games you think you will see in the future.

Topic is Valid.

Edit: After five long years I have reached 1000 post, yahoo.

Well actually, they said they thought 5th Gen was going to be for the next handheld system, not the DS. I didn't realize until after posting though that this is an old topic created back before Gen 5 was announced which got bumped, so they didn't make any mistakes. lol

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

red kyogre wrote:
i honestly beleive that if they do make a 5th gen, they will cut off the 3rd and 4th gens from it like they did between 2nd and 3rd. it will just be a start of another cycle, i think the gens will come in pairs and i doubt they will go any farther than 6 gens. if they do, the game would get too crouded and confusing and the new pokemon would lack creativity completely.

Valid point but as long as the pokemon games make money they will be made

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's pretty likely they'll remake the third gen if patterns are concidered. Nintendo wants to make money and if they can expand one of their "generations" to have remakes of games, i'm sure they will. I certainly wouldn't be against it, but i'm usually open to whatever they throw at me anyway. I say bring it on and if it interests me enough, i'll buy it.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would actually really like some RSE remakes, although I'd prefer if they waited until the next-gen Nintendo handheld is made. I am apparently one of few people that actually loved those games. Despite their flaws, they had a very colorful and imaginative environment, which is an area I found Gen IV was lacking in. Plus, {swampert} Amirite?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

red kyogre wrote:

You have a point. Aside from that, there is also the potential for them to make more money off cutting away a good percentage of the pokemon known today. Didn't Nintendo make a fair amount of money off of Colosseum and game cube because it gave access to older pokemon? That was the reason I bought it. Then it went further (though with more reason in all likelyhood) with Fire Red and Leaf Green. How many of the younger kids do you think had actually ever played Red or Blue, or even Gold or Silver when all these new and fancy games were out and about? I thought that was a point of these remakes anyway!

Anyway, Hoenn was, and still is, my favorite region, so it's safe to say that I'm looking forward to starting in Littleroot again. I just hope it isn't too long a wait. It took nine years for Johto to resurface!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:
pokemon_god wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
PMD??

Ohh, ofc!

Ofc??

The Nintendo 3DS. That's what.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/23/nintendo-3ds-announced-will-be-revealed-at-e3/

HOWEVER...

The dates don't match up. The "3DS" is set to be released around Summer 2011, but Gen V is slated for.. Fall this year? I think that's what was said. So my assumption is that V is for the current DS, but may somehow be DSiXL (wtf?!) exclusive. Because Nintendo wants money. Shame on them.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

so normal ds, ds lite, dsi games cant be played on the dsiXL? rofl. sounds just like nintendo, yet i hope its not true.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think if Nintendo wanted to make a lot of money they'd make a Pokemon compilation game for the Wii. It would have the advantage of being appealing to anyone who's ever picked up and loved a Pokemon game while still being a cool new Wii game for the younger audiences. I liked Pokemon Colosseum and would love to see a game made for the Wii with that graphic style built with the entire continents of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the new Gen 5 continent to explore. Nintendo probably won't ever do it, the time and money required for such an undertaking seems beyond what they're willing to spend on Wii titles, but it would certainly be epic if they did.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ofc = Of course..sorry.

And yes, the DSiXL can play any previous DS games but obviously not GBA games since nintendo ditched that at the DSi...And the 3Ds is due to be released AFER Generation V so i doubt anything what i said earlier would happen..especially after screenshots/vids etc. of generation V

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next