It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Official How You Found Psypokes Thread! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is where you talk about how you found Psypokes!

Well I found it because I was looking for a good pokemon fan-site, and that's how I found Psypokes.

(I looked for 20 mins to see if there was another thread like this, if there is and I didn't see it then delete this Mods!)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was making trainer cards, and i found a page of examples on a shop here, i signed up and requested one, 'cause they were awesome animated ones, and i gradually began to join the community after that.

Although I don't really come here too much anymore, and I haven't managed to download mIRC again on my new PC yet, I met some of my best friends here, which is why i stick around here still. I found the people here are all pretty awesome when you get to know them, even Krisp and Frost (omg no waii)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Off topic for a sec.* WOW! It's been quite a while since I posted anything on Psypoke.

Back to topic: I found psypoke.com by typing in Google "the best pokedex". And Psypoke was the first one to show up. That's how I found Psypoke. :D

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:16 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I had actually been using the GHPF Dex for RBY and GSC.
I looked on their affiliates, and low-and-behold, Psypoke was there.

It took me 4 months to realize there were forums :o

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

In May 2005 I googled "Pokemon IRC channel" and after finding a bunch of crappy channels, I finally stumbled across #Psypoke. It was the right size of channel (not so big that I wouldn't be noticed, but not so small that nobody cared) so I lurked for a while. At the end of the month I registered on the forums solely because I wanted a trainer card and made very few posts. After a while I decided to stay around, and that's almost five years ago.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was looking around the internet for a website that I could get good pokemon info, and I found Psypoke. I got info from the website for like 3 years then I found out about the forums, So I joined.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:23 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Inta Xonem wrote:
I found the people here are all pretty awesome when you get to know them, even Krisp and Frost (omg no waii)

Oh, you.

I found the original version of Psypoke through the internet back in early 1999. Let's be honest, the original site was crap and I paid little attention to it at the time. It was only after I found a link to the site's Coolboard on Pojo's forums back in 1999 that I got into the community even though the main site was still subpar. And I was one-fourth of the people who created the incarnation of the site that everybody knows today, so there's that too.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was looking for an online comprehensive Pokedex (mainly to look up moves and levels of evolution), and Psypoke has the best.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I found it while looking for affiliates for my Pokemon site back in... 2002? 2003 maybe? I pretty much ignored it for everything ever at the time but I kept seeing it under affiliates for other Pokemon fansites. I started using the site for its information in 2005 and in 2006 I joined the forums/IRC.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't really remember how I had found it, but I used the main site for a few months before actually joining the forums back in June '06. This is the only forum that I've stayed with for over a week.. because it's awesome :)

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, I'll be honest.
I was on the serebii forums and one day this guy posted a poll saying who had the better PokeDex; Serebii or Psypokes?
So I decided to check the thread out and saw the link to Psypokes and yeah thats how I found Psypokes.

CONSPIRACY!??!?!?!

LOL@Censors

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was at gts+, a moderator too, but I left because they didn't respect my opinion, One of my friends there, Shoutai, suggested psypoke and I've loved it here forever since

...with the exception that I lost my sig when i had less than 50 posts and have remained a law abidding psypokian ever since but its still gone :(

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was googling a long while ago.
Was trying to find a reputable site that would tell me EVERYTHING I'd need to know about pokemon.
SCORE.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My brother introduced me to the site years ago when he found it was good for info. I never really payed much attention to Psypoke because there were very rare updates on the main site and mostly I trolled around lolstop. Then one of my friends wanted me to get a bunch of Pokemans for her and I started scouting for forums where I could trade. I foun I liked these forums best, so I registered here last year and have been here 5 months or so now.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
my brother showed it to me. and I joined coz I thought it was cool.....thought being the opperative word :/

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was searching for a decent guide and this site was the best that I could find. I used the guides only for a while and then I took a look at the rest of the site. I'm a member in other forums so I joined this one.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zombie wrote:
my brother showed it to me. and I joined coz I thought it was cool.....thought being the opperative word :/

Quoth the lurker.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I was looking for a good Pokedex to obtain information, and google (or some other random search engine) led me to Psypoke. I didn't join the forums immediately, and even when I did I observed more than I posted. I can't remember the rest, but I think I started off with some simple posts answering queries, and sort of kick-started team rating by helping papersun and kasiya start up a Rating Center. There was also one by someone called WorldOrder (I think).

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I found the forums while I was using the Search on the Main Site for looking up info for Missingno. The first 2 results leaded me right to one of the topics here, and I felt like joining after that.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:58 am
Champion of Mews
Champion of Mews

I found Psypoke 4 years ago and found the forums and joined as Pokemon Champ. I used to post a little more, but now I rarely do.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I found Psypokes way back when Ruby and Sapphire came out, it wasn't until later (much later) i decided to join the forum because i could (also because i really liked gengar and haunters pokemon forum), So i migrated here. I then lost interest and then a few years later i decided to join again.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I was looking for some information about Pokemon Ruby back in 2007, and this was the first site that showed up. After 3 years of using Psypokes, I finally Registered this morning.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I used serebii for a long while, but then Psypokes is better because
1. Its website design is better
2. Its guides are better and more in-depth
3. It has a Feebas/Milotic guide. If Serebii has this, it's not as good or as easy to find.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back when FRLG came out, I was Googled Charizard's moveset and Psypokes was the first site to show up.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i searched google for a pokemon dex and found this site and have been using this site ever since. i just recently join the forums to set up trades and expand my pokedex collectioon

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next