It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pokemon Generation 5 announced - due Fall 2010 in Japan 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

shinashu taji wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
reboot the series again

I hope you realize the last time they "rebooted" the series we got the horrible abomination that is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

God help us all that doesn't happen again. The Province doesn't even end with an "oh", It starts with it.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
reboot the series again

This is something I personally think they need to do again.

Quote:
horrible abomination that is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Honestly but all of this crying just because you couldn't use Charizard for a year in RSE is stupid.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

200+ new pokemon, I like variety....lots.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Crosman wrote:

Is that really how many there is going to be, or do you just hope for that many? I agree, that would be awesome, but I'm betting a good 49% of them will be utterly useless.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hope for at least 3 more cool dragon pokemon. thats all im asking for
and a dragon type eveelution

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hopefully the games will start from scratch. By which I mean, the game has only the new Pokemon, no trading across generations, no inclusion of any previous pokemon in the game, and so on.

Maybe they'll even have a new starting type trio, like Dark-Psychic-Fighting, or something (they won't, but why not try?).

Anyway, hopefully they won't have like 20 legendaries like generation 4 seemed to have.

Maybe they're trying to throw in a new type, too. Who knows? Not us.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Considering that this is (99.999% chance this is on the ds) compatible with DPP you cant mess with the game structure that much.

When it comes to new Pokemon, while the Gen II was my favorite (cuz i got gold for my 8th b-day {i had played rby already btw} :P ) i wasn't thrilled about all the baby pokes, it was T-Tar, Kindra, Furret, and Crobat (and Urasring, Skarmory, Steelix, Politoad, and Milktank) that made the game awesome to me. I like pokes that are semi-powerful, not pathetic, or just epic that i don't have to cringe to use even if only through the story mode.

I really hope that new type hybrids are included. A legit Grass/Steel, Dark/Poison, and Bug/Physic pokemon being added as that would be epic

I also, want to point out that in Platinum Prof. Whats his tree name again? mentions that 90% of Pokemon evolve. I wouldn't be too surprised to see all but the legendaries now evolve.

Also, It would be awesome if this generation had all 5 regions (4 old +1 new) in it, I mean, HGSS has 2 and I'm pretty sure the DS card can support it. (btw i have the japanese versions and they are awesome)

Also, what legendaries could there be?

These are the current Legends:

3-Legendary Birds- Control weather
Mewtwo - DNA clone of Mew
Mew- The creator of pokemon
3 Legendary Dogs- 3 Eevee forms resurrected by Ho-oh
Lugia- Sea Legendary, keeps peace between birds (btw- I saw Pokemon 2k when it came out with my dad, PURE EPIC!)
Ho-oh- Fire Legendary, resurrects Pokemon
Celebi- time traveler/forest guardian
Regirock - Ancient Rock guy
Registeel - Ancient Steel guy
Regice- Ancient Ice guy
Groudon- Controls Earth
Kyrogue- Controls Sea
Raquaza- Keeps peace between other two, prowls skies
Dexous- Alien Pokemon
Palkia- Creator of Time (or vice versa?)
diagla- Creator of Space (or vice versa?)
Giratina- Ghost in control of Underworld
Azelf- Created emotions
Uxie- Created emotions
mesprit- Created emotions
Shaymin- Plant Legend
Cressiallia- Moon Legendary
Darkari- Bad Dreams monster
Regigigas- Legend of power from other legends??
Shaymin- Plant Legendary
Arceus- The creator

so thats 30 Legendary Pokemon, enough to fill up a box without repeating, that covers everything and anything in the world.

I just dont want to see a bs. legend.

I dont really have a point, Just trying to rant and express hopes/fears.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ryanh181 wrote:
Crosman wrote:

Is that really how many there is going to be, or do you just hope for that many? I agree, that would be awesome, but I'm betting a good 49% of them will be utterly useless.

200+ will never happen, we can only hope.

You will see probably 100 - 130 pokemon or somewhere close.

I have to say though, even though many pokemon are useless in certain situations (battles, contests, etc), I would still like to see them produce some not so powerful pokemon. There are many people out there that like pokemon for other reasons then battling, many like baby pokemon, many like legends. When it all comes down to it, i think we are fans should be thankful that Nintendo and Pokemon have not stopped this franchise at any cost' even after fifteen years.

The more pokemon they create the better the variety for those who do like competitive battle. I am sure that you see many of them same pokemon on team after team after team. The more pokemon they create, the better your chances are of having unique teams and battles.

Lastly.. I would like to see two new types possibly three. (make an even 20)

Light
Space
...... No clue, Crystal maybe? (Crystal Onix was awesome, to me anyways.)

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 am
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

... what's with people and Eeveelutions? I mean, do we SERIOUSLY need more? Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon filled a purpose: the primary elemental stones; Umbreon and Espeon were only created because of the Day/Night feature that starred in the second generation; and I have absolutely no idea why they came up with Leafeon and Glaceon. So what's the point of more Eeveelutions? Do we honestly need one for every single type? We'll have, like... seventeen Eevee. SEVENTEEN. You can make a whole Pokedex with nothing but Eevee!

And I also don't understand why people complain so much about the third generation. New generations are supposed to be centered around the new Pokemon, the new continent and whatever new features/characters/events the games will bring. It's true that I think connections to the other regions are important to the Pokeuniverse as a whole, but I don't think they should be so solid and frequent. Why are you all so eager to see the old Pokemon right in the beginning? Give the new Pokemon a chance! They love you!

There isn't anything special that I would like the new generation to show us. I think I'm fine with whatever they come up with, as long as we have lots of new Pokemon (preferably not so many evolutions/legendaries) and an interesting plot.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wish they would use the Wii and make a full out giant pokemon game, 3d like XD and such but with Kanto, Johto, Orange Isle's, Sevii isles, Sinnoh, Hoeen(forgot how to spell it, May sucked that bad).

A game like this would be, by far, the best pokemon game ever if done correctly.

And which Eevee will we get next? Ghost? Steel? Ground? Dragon? Hopefully at least two.

Also, what species is up for starters? (prays for a wolf) Lion's havent been done before... except for Luxray I guess, I have a gut feeling about a Firetype Lion...

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokemaniac wrote:
Quote:
horrible abomination that is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Honestly but all of this crying just because you couldn't use Charizard for a year in RSE is stupid.

It wasn't that I couldn't use Charizard for a year, its because the game blew chunks. So don't just go about spouting nonsense like that.

I'm with Galar on the subject of new Eeveelutions, we don't need more.

One thing that would be cool to see in the new generation would be an extra attack slot, or even the ability for seven Pokemon on a team.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Pokemaniac wrote:

Dude, please. For a lot of fans who had been around since RBY, Ruby and Sapphire trashing everything from the past games was much more than just not being able to "use Charizard for a year." We had NO indication that the old Pokemon would be returning until FRLG were finally announced, and that was much later. Yes, maybe some people are too harsh on RS because of that in retrospect, but you can't blame them for being bitter over that bad taste left in their mouths.

I'd also say that the games themselves had some issues. The region itself is designed horribly. A lot of the Hoenn Pokemon grew on me in Generation IV, but I have no desire to play through a Hoenn-based game ever again because of Hoenn itself.

But it doesn't seem like Generation V is going to be as hard of a reboot to the series as Generation III was anyway. It's on the same platform as Generation IV, so it probably won't cut off all interactivity with the past games. And even if they do pull another Generation III, I think people won't have as much of a kneejerk reaction because Gamefreak will come up with another remake or silly marketing scheme to give us the rest of the old Pokemon who get left out. (Although that in itself is kind of annoying too. Why do I need to jump through hoops of fire and buy 13 games and 3 platforms to finish a Pokedex?)

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Yes, maybe some people are too harsh on RS because of that in retrospect, but you can't blame them for being bitter over that bad taste left in their mouths.

It happened a long time ago anyways so I honestly don't understand why people in this topic seem to feel the need to mention something that happened a long time ago anyways, besides we all know that this won't happen for Gen V anyways so bringing up RSE and Hoenn seems pointless.

Quote:
I'd also say that the games themselves had some issues. The region itself is designed horribly.

Every Pokemon game has had issues especially GSC with it's straight lines of a "region".

Quote:
For a lot of fans who had been around since RBY, Ruby and Sapphire trashing everything from the past games was much more than just not being able to "use Charizard for a year." We had NO indication that the old Pokemon would be returning until FRLG were finally announced, and that was much later.

I think your forgetting the fact that every Pokemon game focus's on different regions and the creatures that live in those areas. Having the same Pokemon in every region would become annoying and I am sure that would just give Pokemon fans something else to bitch about.

Quote:
Why do I need to jump through hoops of fire and buy 13 games and 3 platforms to finish a Pokedex?

I'm sure you'll also be the same people placing pre-orders or picking up the games when they are released.

Quote:
its because the game blew chunks

Go into more detail as I would like to hear how RSE "blew chunks".

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Quote:
besides we all know that this won't happen for Gen V anyways

Oh, we do know that they won't pull another Gen III in Gen V? Do you have a crystal ball or can you tell the future without one?

Pokemaniac wrote:
I think your forgetting the fact that every Pokemon game focus's on different regions and the creatures that live in those areas.

Um, no I'm not? GSC and DPP both managed to focus on the new region and its Pokemon without throwing out most of the old ones. In fact, those two Generations managed to include MOST of the existing Pokedex, and DPP did it in such a way that the old Pokemon were still available without overshadowing the newer Pokemon. They also managed to do it without giving us a remake like FRLG that basically said, "Here's where you can get all those Kanto Pokemon you want! Spend another $35 for it, LOL!"

Quote:
I'm sure you'll also be the same people placing pre-orders or picking up the games when they are released.

First of all, what does that have to do with anything? Am I not allowed to voice a valid complaint about the Pokemon games and still be able to buy them or something? And second of all, I've never pre-ordered a single Pokemon game ever, and I don't appreciate you painting me as some mindless sheep who is going to buy everything Nintendo and GameFreak puts out. I got Yellow and LeafGreen months after they were released, and never got their counterpart versions. I didn't even get Ruby and Sapphire until after they were released for a year. I'm not buying HGSS because I don't see the point. I don't own Emerald or Platinum. Yes, I'll probably buy one of the Generation V games. Am I going to be happy if completing the dex involves as many different consoles and cartridges as it did in Generation III? Especially after DPP managed to include most of the Pokedex without all of the extra crap? Absolutely not.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anyone want to put dibs on {noctowl} & {swellow} evolving next gen?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:03 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Crosman wrote:
Anyone want to put dibs on {noctowl} & {swellow} evolving next gen?

Heck YEs Son!!

we dont need new legends btw...

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm just hoping that every cave isn't filled with nothing but Zubat/Golbat and Geodude/Graveler again.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nuff said.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

^ that looks like it should have a special crossbreed with Weevil...

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Greatwolf67 wrote:

Lolwut? You mean Weedle? Like this: {weedle}? Where did you get Weedle from that, kid?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Greatwolf67 wrote:

Lolwut? You mean Weedle? Like this: {weedle}? Where did you get Weedle from that, kid?

No, I'm pretty sure he meant Weavile. The evolution of Sneasel. {weavile}

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ksemanr wrote:
Emin Jofit wrote:
Greatwolf67 wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure he meant Weavile. The evolution of Sneasel. {weavile}

weedle eats weavile =)

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Very Random..

{qwilfish} {forretress} {ledian} {furret} {ariados} {sudowoodo} {dunsparce} {girafarig}
{magcargo} {octillery} {donphan} {delibird} {stantler}

These are the 2nd generation pokemon that I wouldn't mind getting an upgrade.

I have always had some ideas for a few of these.

{stantler} evolves into - A giant Moose. (Normal) (Normal/Psychic)

{sudowoodo} evolves into - A Giant Treant like tree. (Rock) (Rock/Dark)

{girafarig} evolves into - A taller version of itself. (Normal/Psychic)

{donphan} evolves into - A full grown African Elephant, Rival with Hippowdon. (Ground)

{octillery} evolves into - The Kraken - (Water/Dark/Poison)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Crosman wrote:
Very Random..

{qwilfish} {forretress} {ledian} {furret} {ariados} {sudowoodo} {dunsparce} {girafarig}
{magcargo} {octillery} {donphan} {delibird} {stantler}

These are the 2nd generation pokemon that I wouldn't mind getting an upgrade.

I have always had some ideas for a few of these.

{stantler} evolves into - A giant Moose. (Normal) (Normal/Psychic)

{sudowoodo} evolves into - A Giant Treant like tree. (Rock) (Rock/Dark)

{girafarig} evolves into - A taller version of itself. (Normal/Psychic)

{donphan} evolves into - A full grown African Elephant, Rival with Hippowdon. (Ground)

{octillery} evolves into - The Kraken - (Water/Dark/Poison)

I like your ideas,

However, not every pokemon will evovle. The sad truth is, that there will always be an inferiority complex with some pokemon.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry but Forretress and Donphan don't need evolutions, they are fine just the way they are. It would just be a useless thing, much like Rhyperior is to Rhydon.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next