It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Minor question about the Pokéwalker 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey guys,

I was wondering what happens if you level up a pokémon with the pokéwalker, and it gets to a level where it learns a new move - do you tell it which move to forget when you play the game again, or does it do the day-care thing where it automatically un-learns the top move in its list and learns the new one?

P.S. It's probably rather nerdy of me to be excited at the prospect of making progress in this game without even having to play it. At least I'll feel like me doing stuff in school is helpful!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You gain the level when you transfer the Pokemon back to the game. And It seems that you can only gain 1 level per Pokewalker transfer, to gain more you must transfer the poke back to the game and then back to the pokewalker and walk again.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Cactuar wrote:
You gain the level when you transfer the Pokemon back to the game. And It seems that you can only gain 1 level per Pokewalker transfer, to gain more you must transfer the poke back to the game and then back to the pokewalker and walk again.

wow...if this is true, that feature will only come in hand well after a pokemon learns it's last attack, somewhere in the 90 level range.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Cactuar wrote:

wow...if this is true, that feature will only come in hand well after a pokemon learns it's last attack, somewhere in the 90 level range.

How so? It would be handy anytime you think "It'd be great if my pokémon was stronger than it is now." (i.e. anytime unless you think having good pokémon is boring, in whichc ase I'm sure your 6-man Magikarp team is doing well.)

If you need to put your pokémon into the game to gain the level, then obviously you'd be able to choose the move to be replaced because you'd be in-game when that happens.

Load a Growlithe into your pokéwalker, and you can walk two dogs at once! Neat-o!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]