It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Have you ever beaten the Elite Four with just one Pokemon? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've only ever done it in one game, but I thought it was hilarious at the time. I think the elite four in gold suck too. XD Anyway, it was when I was playing though gold again. I was pretty bored with my team and I only liked one of them. I started using only my mixed sweeper and I won! I won every battle with just that one. Eventually I got to victory road. My sweeper was at lvl 70, but the rest were in the 30's and 40's. I was going to train them up too, but I was bored and decided to fight the elite four. I was really surprised when I won. I told myself I was going to train the others after that, but I ended up beating Red and Blue with my sweeper too. I think it was around lvl 100 when I beat them.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah i do it all the time, i can use mewtwo and dragonite in yellow, gold, and leafgreen...i use mewtwo and rayquaza in emerald and platinum

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I can't possibly do it cause I don't use Uber legendary pokemon...ever.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
I can't possibly do it cause I don't use Uber legendary pokemon...ever.

I didn't beat them with a legendary. I Used a machoke that I had gotten from an in-game trade.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh, well then, that is beyond awesome even if it's the Gold Version Elite 4 & even if it was at Lv. 100 when you beat them. Sadly I don't find them to be that easy(of course I am reffering to Will though as the rest of them are clearly child's play).

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Oh, well then, that is beyond awesome even if it's the Gold Version Elite 4 & even if it was at Lv. 100 when you beat them. Sadly I don't find them to be that easy(of course I am reffering to Will though as the rest of them are clearly child's play).

It was at lvl 70 when I beat the elite four. XD Will... I believe I used ice punch and cross-chop there. I didn't know about good movesets when I had gold so my machoke had ice punch, submission, cross-chop, and strength. It really makes me wish that Ice punch was a TM in some of the other games so I could try it out again. I think the only problem I did have when I fought was destiny bond.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did it with a Hacked Arceus my friend gave me. Level 100, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Water Pulse, Judgement (Grass).

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did about 8 times in total. I don't really battle the Elite 4 with 1 Pokemon. It's mostly with 2 or 3 Pokemon. And, those 8 times were in Platinum. The Pokemon I used were:

Salamence-Used 4 times(s)
Metagross-Used 1 time(s)
Arceus-Used 1 time(s)
Mewtwo-Used 2 times(s)

Only Pokemon I used. But they did an excellent job on kicking the Elite 4's ***!

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
hell yeah!

I used a blastoise and it was no trouble

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Question: Is this about beating the E4 with one Pokemon on your first run-through of the game? If so, I don't remember if I've done that. If it's just in general then yes; it's my main form of training.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I most certainly have. I have beaten the Elitle four in Pokemon Platinum so many times I figured why not try to beat them with 1 pokemon. Who else would I do it with then Slowpoke Lv.70.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Last edited by Azure on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I do it for training and dex purposes all the time now. Kyogre.

My most memorable time doing it was when I first played Gold. I started with Chickorita and didn't bother to train any other pokemon aside from Togepi. I stopped training Togetic shortly after it evolved, mainly because it disappointed my expectations. I also avoided trainers like the plague back then, so Meganium was only around level forty. I still carried the Togetic, as well as a level 4 Wooper I had caught back in the beginning of the game but never put away. So what if Woopers are cute? Nyah!

It took me at least six weeks. I stubbornly refused to use any other pokemon than Leaffy (I was 10...) and for a while used the save before starting, turn off if you lose strategy. It didn't work out so well; I still Hate Karen's Umbreon and Houndoom. After so many resets, I had an epiphany: Leafy goes from so and so level to so and so level between Will and Karen; why don't I just let him die until he wins? Leaffy didn't win until he was in his seventies. Totally worth it. I base my E4 strategy off the experience. Coincidentally, I did end up training that Wooper to level 100 aside Leaffy and a Raichu. And I think I still have them!

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I do it all the time to train little pokemon.... :I

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I never train my pokemon to lv100, the highest I have ever trained a pokemon was my Swampert which is at lv80. I guess my point is, I like to keep around four pokemon, all of which are some what near the same level as the elites.. I need the challenge, blowing through them with a lv100 pokemon, especially a legend is the easy way out and not really an accomplishment in my book.

That said, I don't mean to point anyone out, just my opinion as a trainer. Been playing since Red&Blue, had them both a few days after their release,15 years later and I have never changed my strategy.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:38 pm
Profile ICQ
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, see, It's pointless to go through the Elite 4 if your pokémon's already at lvl 100. The first time through a game, I will go through with the team I raised to beat the game, a balanced team. After that, I use one pokémon out front with Amulet Coin to stomp all over the Elite 4 and I'll have midget pokémon with Exp. share equipped and a monster pokémon in the back just in-case something happens to the bigger guy I'm training. It works quite well actually. :3

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I tried to do this with my lv-100 raised-from-lv-5-with-rare-candy Swampert in Sapphire. By Drake, I was using struggle.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I do it all the time - I keep track of how many of each attacks will defeat them and then I go back in and keep doing it until they are 100 (This was mostly done with the first two Gens - never really played the 3rd Gen until now)
My First with Gen 4 was my Empoleon at Lvl 83. He knew Aqua Jet / Bubblebeam / Drill Peck / and Hydro Pump

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.
Pearl - Loki 3180 2509 3375

-I am a Shiny Breeder and can breed one if you PM me.
My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Holifax wrote:
I never train my pokemon to lv100, the highest I have ever trained a pokemon was my Swampert which is at lv80. I guess my point is, I like to keep around four pokemon, all of which are some what near the same level as the elites.. I need the challenge, blowing through them with a lv100 pokemon, especially a legend is the easy way out and not really an accomplishment in my book.

That said, I don't mean to point anyone out, just my opinion as a trainer. Been playing since Red&Blue, had them both a few days after their release,15 years later and I have never changed my strategy.

I don't often use really strong ones either. I usually make a team with type advantages in mind and raise them to lvl 65. After beating the elite four for money a few times, the ones I use start to pull away though. I think I still have a lapras and a dragonite above level 80. That was in leaf green so I had to train them up to beat.. was it red or blue that was the champion? I don't quite remember. He's tough though, so I had to had a good team at good levels.

Lightshayde: Raising a pokemon with rare candy is okay, but you have to EV train after that or they will be be much weaker than other pokemon at the same level.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, personally, phantasms, i would EV train before raising the pokemon to level 100 with rare candies, makes it a whole lot easier. :) anyways, yeah, i do it all the time for training legit, rather than hacking rare candies to level up. not that im flaming rare candies, i just dont use them much. i have used salamence, garchomp, tyranitar, steelix (whoo, that one was a lot of fun) dragonite, charizard, and, just for kicks, with an unevolved, legit EV trained eevee. lol, it was funny to see that in my hall of fame, a level 92 eevee, by itself, no other pokemon. hehe. I've beaten them with other pokemon , too, but i dont want to bore you all with details. haha

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

How about this one...

Who thinks they can defeat this entire forum/site with only one pokemon? Answer: ME!!

*staring at the sky laughing*

Think you can handle my female Steelix fooo!

Shes a MunSta
{steelix}

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile ICQ
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Holifax wrote:
How about this one...

Who thinks they can defeat this entire forum/site with only one pokemon? Answer: ME!!

*staring at the sky laughing*

Think you can handle my female Steelix fooo!

Shes a MunSta
{steelix}

Is that a challenge, Hollifax/Crosman? ;)
Those are supposed to be proposed in the Battle Tower Forum, you know.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

lets see, pokemon i have beaten the elite four with single-handedly? Blaziken, Rayquaza, Zangoose, Torterra, Palkia, Blastiose, Regirock, Kyogre, and Wailord. I think that is all.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hah! You guys phail.

I beat the HG E4 with the red Gyarados the second it learned Dragon Dance. Only used one Max Potion and one Leppa Berry because I ran out of PP for Waterfall. It was using DD/Waterfall/Strength/Ice Fang. I almost didn't beat Lance, because Gyara was in its low 50's and failed to OHKO one of his Dnite (damn you first Gyara's Intimidate!)

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I generally play all Pokemon games with whatever starter I pick by brute force alone. In the original Red I used Charizard. At the time I didn't realize it was a bad idea to give him nothing but fire moves but I still gave Misty's water Pokemon a blistering steam bath (albeit with multiple tries and a lot of cursing and head pounding). I haven't watched a lot of the anime but they seem to have characters that play to this theme. At my age I kinda feel embarrased about remembering the episode where Ash (or someone) got schooled by a trainer who endurance trained a Sandshrew to hold up against water attacks. More recently I saw a fan-subbed episode on youtube depicting a trainer named Kenta / Jimmy using a similar strategy with his Typhlosion in which he disregards any percieved disadvantage and uses sheer brute force. In Soul Silver I haven't hit the Elite 4 yet (diverted trying to do some breeding) and my Typhlosion is already above level 70 since he's the only Pokemon I ever train up (and I always keep him in the Pokewalker during the day). I did have a slight issue with Whitney's Miltank however due to that nasty Attract / Milk Drink combo. I couldn't figure out how to get Attract off so I let him faint and then revived him and hozed Miltank down with napalm putting an end to that short lived infatuation. In Diamond I've solo'd the Elite 4 with Torterra and Lucario (separate runs of course). In Emerald I did it with Blaziken. It isn't always a walk in the park but I am too stubborn to play the game any other way.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes in have heres how

Leaf/Fire
{mewtwo} lv.100
thunderbolt
ice beam
psycic
recover

{arcanine} lv.100
Flamethrower
Return
Fire Blast
Dig

R/S/E
{sceptile} lv.100
Dragon Claw
Solar Beam
Leaf Blade
Sunny Day

{groudon} lv.100
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

{rayquaza} lv.100
Fly
Surf
Thunderbolt
Dragon Claw
G/S/C
{feraligatr} lv.100
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Surf
Return

Groudon and Sceptile and Rayquaza were seperate Arcanine and Mewtwo were also.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next