It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lunatone Or Solrock 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Alright, i'm starting a new game on sapphire, and i have no idea whatsoever about my party. but my main problem is deciding. one of my spots i want to give to a solrock or lunatone. I had my heart set on a lunatone, but my :censored: sister said that solrock is much better. ( she used to play pokemon ). her boyfriend ( who also used to play pokemon ) said that solrock is a better. But like i said i had my heart on a Lunatone. Even though i'm playing sapphire, my sister has a solrock on her emerald at a very trainable age.
So could someone give me a rundown on these pokemon and tell me who's better in your opinion. thanks

Last edited by metagross4 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First, go on the Psydex and look for Lunatone and Solrock. I suggest opening new tabs. One for Lunatone and one for Solrock. If you don't know how to, press Ctrl and T at the same time. Look through both of them very carefully. See which one has better stats, moves etc. etc. One thing you should do is go over the Gym Leaders and see which one, Lunatone or Solrock, is strong against each Gym Leader. If you still can't decide on which one you want, PM me cause I trained both of those Pokemon and they were epic!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Since they have the same typing, it depends what types of moves you want in your team. Solrock has higher Attack and learns Physical moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, and Explosion, plus support moves like Reflect and Light Screen. Solrock can use Special attacks and Calm Mind, but Lunatone has superior Special Attack, though few special attacks to utilize. Hypnosis, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, and Psychic can be used as a moveset for Lunatone.

Overall, I prefer Solrock in-game and competitively, but Lunatone does have some good movesets and if you like it better, you should go ahead and use it.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't want to put a damper on the advice you've gotten, but I should painfully remind you about the in-game factor. Lunatone is actually in Sapphire. If you like Special Sweepers better (think of most Psychic-types), then go with it all out! Especially because you don't really have another option with Lunatone... :P

If trading is easy, then you can obviously ignore my prior advice. 8-)

AEPMT :D :) :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I don't want to put a damper on the advice you've gotten, but I should painfully remind you about the in-game factor. Lunatone is actually in Sapphire. If you like Special Sweepers better (think of most Psychic-types), then go with it all out! Especially because you don't really have another option with Lunatone... :P

If trading is easy, then you can obviously ignore my prior advice. 8-)

AEPMT :D :) :wink: :mrgreen:

Like I said, my sister has one on emerald, plus we can trade

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]