It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Platinum team? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Okay, I have recently cleared the elite four, earned the National Dex and unlocked access to the rest of the Battle Zone. I have a range of high levelled pokes to choose from to create a new team. I have decided upon three members of my current but can't decide on the remaining three members. Any suggestions for Pokemon?

Tyranitar
Magmortar
Electivire

and ... ?

I'm thinking large, final stage evolutions like Nidoking, Dragonite or similar. Let me know who you think should join my team. No legendaries.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PkmnMaster01 wrote:
Tyranitar
Magmortar
Electivire

Are those the 3 Pokemon you have decided on already? Cause I got good suggestions.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Nope, not exactly. They're just a few that I'm currently considering.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here are some good Pokemon:

{salamence} Salamence
{metagross} Metagross
{gengar} Gengar
{weavile} Weavile
{electivire} Electivire

and maybe a legedary. Those are Pokemon I would recommend. :D

Last edited by pokemon_god on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I suggest something with levitate or thats flying cus all those guys have a weakness to ground types.....

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well Electivire is already in my team, weavile looks like a fairy, not sure Gengar really suits the current line up, Metagross - considering, Salamance not really a fan. Also I don't plan on using any legendary pokemon in my team. It's too easy to just use legendaries.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

PkmnMaster01 wrote:
It's too easy to just use legendaries.

Not always true. You could use one of the "weaker" legendaries like the Birds, Dogs, Golems, or the Lake Trio. Not saying they're not strong but they do get somewhat overshadowed when pitted against Arceus and Mewtwo. I've seen that Azelf makes for a good lead with Stealth Rock and Explosion.

Now to actually answer the question, I pretty much agree with pokemon_god, but we can make a few substitutions since you seem to have problems with those:

Instead of Salamence go with Garchomp. Now no one get mad because Garchomp is Uber blah blah blah. He says he doesn't like Salamence, and Garchomp is a very powerful Dragon Pokemon. Even if you hate Garchomp (I'm not fond of him myself) you can't deny he has potential. If not, Dragonite is always a good Dragon option.

If you don't want to use Weavile, maybe try Mamoswine for Ice or Tyranitar for some Dark coverage. Whichever you like.

I say stick with the Gengar, honestly, but if you're super-opposed to him go with Dusknoir or Rotom (pick a forme).

Metagross and Electivire can stay, and again, the last spot should either be Legendary. But if you're really that against legends, pick a good Pokemon of a type you don't have already. I see no Psychic, Bug, Fighting, or Fire on this team. I say use Gardevoir, Heracross, Infernape, Houndoom, or your Magmortar. Hope I helped.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Your team looks like it is working out fine and another option on the dragon pokemon is Flygon, I personally prefer it to garchomp mainly for its abilty levitate which can come in handy in double battles allowing your other pokemon to use moves like earthquake and magnitude.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Have recently been working on a new team just as joking sort of thing but I'm finding it has ad great results

The team consists of Six Eevee evolutions

Lv. 59 Umbreon
Lv. 65 Espeon
Lv. 59 Glaceon
Lv. 22 Flareon
Lv. 57 Vaporeon
Lv. 22 Jolteon

I'm not using Leafeon in this case being grass type pokemon have more weakness without a 2nd type

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think I've made a decision on another team member:

Tyranitar
Magmortar
Electivire
Dragonair - Possibly evolving to Dragonite

maybe

Magnezone
Aggron
Rhyperior
Ferilaligator

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Have you considered the possibilty of using a {dewgong} Dewgong or {walrein} Walrien for a water pokemon, I have found both to be very useful in the past, or you could try raisng a politoed since this seems to be the most forgotten pokemon,

as for the Aggron and Rhyperior, they are great pokemon but it would mean putting a second rock type on your team

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
From my experience(Battle Factory), Politoed is a good water type even compared to Dewgong imo...Walrein is a bit stronger then it in defense only.
Dragonite is always a good dragon type & imo is better then Garchomp & pretty much every other non legendary dragon type in the game, mainly due to it's rough training curve which however it becomes stronger for in the end. Just don't get board training it one day, happened to me.
As for Magnezone, 1 word, don't. Why, because it is a levitating pokemon that doesn't have the ability levitate meaning, see. I also trained one & it's all special attack & defense & with Electivire, Magnezone is out of the question imo.
If you're good with physical attack water types then you could do Feraligatr instead of Politoed, Dewgong or Walrein.
no matter how your team is, it's bound to be better then this one.
1. {torterra}
2. {gallade}
3. {garchomp}
4. {togekiss}
5. {mothim}
6. {glaceon}
They are not in order & even with all the decent potiential in this party, an Ice type could easily & probably will erase them all(Cyrus beat me that's how bad they were), then again this was just to experiment with pokemon I never had before so go figure. Gallade & Glaceon were the only good ones here. Garchomp's defense & special defense are too too low without EVs for a "dragon type" imo.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Potentially all of those are good pokemon but there are repeating types causing the issue with ice types, if you switch out {mothim} mothim for a fire type you may find it would a little better, My suggestion would be a {houndoom} hounddoom if the reason for mothim was psychc types

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well see the thing is is that I already know how bad that is for a party. It's just that this was my first Platinum Version file & I figured learn story & journey first & then worry about party next file when I will actual care about how bad my party is...funny thing is that my post story party is going to be the following;

1. {weezing}
2. {houndoom}
3. {mantine}
4. {luxray}
5. {mamoswine}
6. {leafeon}

I hope to beat the Battle Tower at some point, as for the other one...I could care less about it right now. I only have Weezing through Mantine trained at the moment, Shinx is next.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Team:

Tyranitar
Feraligatr
Magmortar
Electivire
?
?

I think I need at least a Physic type, Possibly Dusknoir (Is that the final stage dude?) and Maybe Dragonite? I also have a Metagross at the ready however I would reallylike a team of similar Body types that look Bad-Ass.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Okay, let's see...first, yes I believe Dusknoir is the final evolution stage of Duskull. Second, I like doing that too but never actual do it but anywho, Dusknoir is perfect for that team(just know how to use it properly). Third, Metagross is either very underrated(a tad bit uber). Last but not least, seeing as Dragonite is still one of the best choices for a dragon type pokemon I would just use it & complete your party unless you want to use Salamence instead. Hope this somewhat tedious infomation of mine helped you in some way PKmnMaster01.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dusknoir is defenately a good choice being that it has a very high specail defence and defence allowing it to takee hits, if you want a pasychc type I would suggest Gardevoir or Gallade. Dragonite is a good pokemon but I've seen its stats go both ways, really bad or really good.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Every Team needs a Shiny, right? What do you think, Nidoking or Nidoqueen?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:48 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Nidoqueen is green & Nidoking is blue...I would base it on this & I personally like Nidoqueen's color better so I suggest it over Nidoking.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Good Pokemon would be {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {poliwrath} {espeon} {umbreon} {dragonite} {exploud} {wailord} {camerupt} {altaria} {dusknoir} {probopass} {salamence} {metagross} {luxray} {rampardos} {bastiodon} {ambipom} {drifblim} {lopunny} {garchomp} {lucario} {magnezone} {rhyperior} {magmortar} Here are some of my favourite pokemon all of which are very good choices.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think you should add LUCARIO,
floatzel
and staraptor

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey, my team in either my Diamond game is :

{infernape}, {electivire}, {swellow}, {milotic}(Shiny), {lucario} and {metagross}
(All lvl. 100)

I would strongly recommend all of these pokemon, especially Electivire, it's awsome, I wouldn't recommend Lucario so much though, not as powerful as i thought it would be.
But if you have either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, i really recommend Kyogre, once it gets to Lvl 100 it is amazingly powerful. It's definately my strongest water type, but I don't use it as much as Milotic because Milotic looks awsome shiny!

:P

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. my team is:
(torterra}
{charizard}
{snorlax}
{salamence}
{metagross}
and im trying to decide between
{gyarados}
or
{electivire}

what do you all think i should use, lol?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]