It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Heartbreak 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ever had that feeling of getting your heart ripped out and stomped on? It sucks...especially when you have to talk to them everyday. How's everyone elses experienced it?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I would say I have the definitive one, but I don't feel like sharing. ;(

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, I have one experience too...

It was rough really... Never expected it to happen but as DatVu said, I don't like to share it either...

Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think it is safe to say that we all have our heart breaks, but the best think is to move on.

nobody else seems up to sharing, so maybe I'll start.

a few years ago I really like one of my friends. she shared my love for starcraft, warcraft 3, pokemon, and our general nerdiness, and lack of interest in school. She was great I though... I eventually decided to ask her to a dance, but before I could she confessed that she was bisexual... We stayed friends, and then I decided to ask her to a different dance... I didn't because she admitted to liking a guy I knew. She transferred after that year, but I still had that crush on her. She had been on medication for a mental disorder, but she had decided to take matters into her own hands... She began smoking, and eventually started taking drugs. She managed to stop taking the drugs with the exception of alcohol and tobacco, but she was no longer the girl I liked, but rather another druggie. She's fun to talk to from time to time, but it different... much different. She confessed that she had liked me a few years back... why didn't I ask her to the dance?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@ Nabkov: Becasue you don't see things like that happening.

I don't think I have been heartbroken but I think I've broken someone's.

Back a couple of months ago me and my friend (she was a girl) were good mates and always hanging together. I liked someone and she didn't know this, when I started to go out with that person my friend never really spoke to me. I once saw her crying and she wouldn't tell me why. Later that day her friend explained it all to me. I broke up with the girl I was going out with, and spoke to my friend and saying that I understood and we ended up being together, however we thought it was to akward so we split up but are still good friends. :)

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sadly, I've never had that happen to me. However, I've caused heartbreak (pulling heart out, stomping on it, etc.) and I feel pretty bad for it. Damn childish post-adolescent mind games!

I kinda wish I could apologize to him but I don't know how. :(

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My experience was very sad for me. :(
I decided to ask the girl I've liked for years to prom; thinking the worst that could happen would be that she would say no, and i'd be the same as always, kinda down, but ok.
Turns out, she said yes!
I was incredibly happy, excited, and bubbly; I couldn't wait!
Then the next week, in between classes, she goes up to me and says that as it turns out, she didn't want to go to prom with me anymore.
In shock, I simply mumbled 'nmnadkjsfm mk' and went to my next class. When what she told me hit me, I was devastated. I found her after school and asked why, and she said that her parents wouldn't like her to go with me. Lamest excuse in my mind, so I reminded her that we were going in a group with other people, and that her parents had nothing to worry about. So she changed it to "personal reasons".
I became incredibly sad and depressed after that, heartbroken, and irritable.
And then I made what I would say is one of the better decisions in my life.
I still went to prom with the group, and although I felt depressed, after wandering around the food for a while, I decided to dance.

Now, I'm usually a quiet person, one of those people who go to dances to sit around and talk, rather than dance. But as I thought about it, I figured, why the hell not. If I look like a fool, well, (and I looked over all the dancing students) I wouldn't be alone.
So I danced and had a great time.

The point is, after I realized that the world is full of fools, of people who have stories of heartbreak and sadness of their own, there should be nothing holding me back from enjoying myself. Life is only so long; if stuff happens, stuff happens.

That was all last year. This summer, I met a girl at a friend's graduation party. We kind of 'fell in love at first sight' and had a wonderful relationship through the remaining months. But now as I'm going off to college, and she still has senior year of high school to finish, we decided to break up. It made my heart sink, but we both figured it was for the better. Better to end the relationship on good terms than to wait for something to happen and never speak to each other again. Who knows? There's always the future.

And while this is a different kind of heartbreak, a bonus story! about today!
On Tuesday, I planned a day with my best friends, a girl, a guy, and his sister. I told my dad that I needed the car, and he agreed to let me use it, since he was going out of town on business that day anyways. So about an hour after he left, he called me, and told me that he forgot to leave the keys at home for me. Well, I was pretty pissed off, but accepted it; there were two more days to reschedule before the guy (who's a year younger than me) had to go off college visiting, I thought. So I called up my friends, explained the situation and rescheduled for today, thursday. They all said that they might be able to, except for the guy. Apparently, he leaves today at three, which is before any of the others are free. So I called up the girls, explained the situation, and, being the awesomest friends they are, said it was ok, they'd still hang out with me. I told my dad I needed the car today, and he said ok. I even reminded him later that night.
You see, I leave for college next week, and wanted to hang out with those friends one last time before then.
So I was excited; couldn't wait for today!

I woke up. First thing I did was to rush out of bed and make sure I had the car. Guess what? No car. So now I'm in shock. What can I do in two hours? Call them up and say, "Hey, guess what? I'm sure you moved important things out of your way for this, but we can't do it anymore because my dad's a jerk"? So now I sit here, trying to call my dad. Gah. I mean, stuff happens in life; that's a given. I just wish it were better stuff, and that it wouldn't keep happening to me. :(

Soooo yea, that's my story! Hope it enlightens, and gives you(pl) a better view of life!

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lordtomato, THAT is brutal.

My story is very short.

I really liked this girl since about late march, and I found out in April that she likes me as well. I had never asked a girl out beforehand so I had to build up the courage to do so. Then i did it in early July, and she said she couldn't go out with me in the summer, because we wouldn't be able to see each other, which was true. then over the summer i went to my dads house for a couple weeks, and when i came back, I read some of the notes she did on Facebook, and she said she was going out with someone and all that stuff. Then i thought she was just talking about me, but she said in 1 that the last time she kissed someone not related was the day prior. So i was like WTF? And apparently her stalker, despises me with a passion now.

Too angry for proper grammar.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lordtomato that IS pretty brutal...but you have a good point.
And Ryan I know what you mean, it seems like that kinda stuff happens all the time.

I have two instances, one about a girl I was 'seeing' over the summer. We weren't dating, but we were close enough. We spent everyday together and kissed a good few times. Well this goes strong for a good 8 months. I asked her out a few times and she shot me down everytime. The 9th month, she ends up with a surprise boyfriend. Obviously, I was mad, especially since I had to hear it from her ex-boyfriend. (He and I hated eachother up until around this point) So I talked to her and she got upset adn said that we shouldn't talk anymore cuz she'd just hurt me...well me being as smart as I was, took all the blame for being too expectant and lft it as that. They eventually broke up and we started going good, but alas, history repeats itself. Seems like a never ending cycle.

My other, isn't about a relationship really, but a situation. I've known this girl since we were about 8 or 9 (We're both 18 now) and wehn we were about 15 we started dating. The relationship was amazing, our families were close which made it easy to see eachother and we had just about everything in common. Well, about 2 days before our 2 year anniversary she dumps me andsays she never wants to see me again. Sure we fought lately but nothing that bad, I thought. I hit a pretty hard depression after that and barely talked to anyone for any reason. recently, she contacted me again. She said that she enver wanted to seperate but her parents had made because they discovered she was pregnant. After finding that out they wanted nothing to do with me and threatened to have it terminated if she didn't break up with me. The baby's a little over a year old now and I'm still not allowed to see her. Lately we've been running it through court to deal with custody, but being 18 and a former delinquent it's hard to figure anything out. Right now they have me on a restraining order of 500 feet for neglecting a child I never knew about. It's not really about the relationship, but being held back from a daught pays the same toll and hurts just as bad.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heh, yea, it was, wasn't it? :P
But thankfully I have a lot of supportive friends who care a lot about me, and they helped me through it. I'm a lot better now.

Saint Jimmy, if things go in a cycle, it's not good. That's what happened to me with that girl I liked. I always kept expecting that one day she would wake up and be madly in love with me, that everything would be okay. Unfortunately, life does not work like that. Life wants you to keep expecting, keep waiting; but while waiting, you miss the other things that may blow right past you. better to say, we're friends, and watch yourself. Restraint.

As for your other situation, I'm sorry. I can't imagine what that must feel like. It's very strange though that the parents wanted her to break up with you or have the baby terminated. I don't see the logic behind that at all. And unfortunately, our justice system is run by laws, rather than what is 'fair'. That's a very difficult situation to be in. I hope it works out for the better.

Aww! Ryan, that sucks! The important thing is to not fall into a rut. Look up, and to the future. Stay in touch with the girl, become friends, get to know her. Be happy! And it's easier to ask girls out after you've asked someone before. I know from experience. Write your emotions, or if you know a musical instrument, play them out. It relieves stress, and when you contemplate it, you learn from your experiences. But stay happy. Anger is good at first, but it turns inward and expands, taking over. So release your anger through activity, physical, or mental, or spiritual. Examine it, prod it, and learn from it, as scientists do to find vaccines for diseases.

Stuff happens. But the future is always there. So be happy.
If anyone needs to talk about stuff, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to listen, and try to help. :)

incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lol Tomato, do you have some sort of employment in this that we don't know about? I barely know you and you've given better advice than most of my good friends. Thanks alot :)

Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

heh, no I don't, but I talk and learn, and understand my own emotions (doesn't mean I can control them though :/), which allows me to apply my thought to others. It might not always work, but when it doesn't, I talk, and try to learn more. :D It makes me feel all bubbly inside to know that i've helped someone. You're welcome!

incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Seeing that many already shared their story, it wouldn't hurt if I share mine now...

Well, it started about 4 years ago(more or less, maybe... :P ). It was the start of my freshman year in high school. for me it was love at first sight, but not for the girl. I asked her out a couple of times and got turned down. Until one day she finally said yes. I was very happy that she finally said yes. We went out for like 3 months or so. Then one day my friend said that he saw her with some other guy kissing. I was like "WTF!? You sure about that?" After my friend told me that, I became curious of who that guy was. I tried to avoid to avoid her for a week. One night she called and told me why haven't I talked to her that week. I just said I had problems I that I want to deal with myself, she tried to know what it was and I just said that it must be better if we just break up. She just hanged up the phone after I said that, no questions asked.

Weeks past, I haven't heard from her. I was in a mall with my other friends and one of them asked me how the girl was doin, I said we already broke up and I lost all contact from her. Then he pointed at the fountain in the middle and I saw her, at that moment the guy that she was seen kissing with and my friend who told me that was one and the same! My brain felt like it was in rage mode or something. But the guys I'm with stopped me and said he's not worth it. All after that happened, I didn't speak with either of them. I was really devastated to know that my own friend backstabbed me.

But all that is left in the past. I'm happy now with my current girlfriend and going 1 year tomorrow.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Good for you for being able to get over it like that, and congrats on your year :D best wishes for another good one!

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
Good for you for being able to get over it like that, and congrats on your year :D best wishes for another good one!

Thanks, I'm really trying to make our relationship really strong...

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I haven't talked about this for a long time, but this seems like a good topic to put it in.

I was once the bad guy. Yeah, I am the one who betrayed my love. I did something with my best friend's girlfriend's college roommate. And a few months after that, I did something with someone over the internet. My wife (girlfriend at the time) found out and was furious both times. I hated myself for it. I still to this day don't know why I did it. I do love my wife and have been faithful ever since. We even have a kid coming along the way now. She has forgiven me this whole time.

But the guilt is still there. And it is never going to go away. I can't listen to music or watch movies/TV shows about heartbreak or betrayal around her in a comfortable manner anymore. Whenever my friends mention the person that I did that thing with or the internet site in which I was with someone on, whenever they mention these things in front of me and my wife, my heart sinks, and I feel that guilt eating me more than anything. I can't look at anyone or say anything at points like that. Especially to her. I know that sometimes my wife will say a certain person looks sexy or hot, but I can't even look at another female with that in mind. If I think that someone looks slighty attractive even for a second, I curse myself in my mind and feel enraged. I can't forgive myself for those things. How can I?

No matter what, it seems that trust will always end in betrayal.

-Ryan

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have a problem with caring too much. Two of my best friends are girls, and I can safely say I've loved them both at one point or another. One of them constantly complains about how suffocating I am and how she's a big girl, but I still constantly feel like I need to protect her and care for her. The other is much less, in a word, naggy and she likes the attention I give her most of the time. But my problem is that I dish out tons of affection, and no one ever returns any of it, so at the end of the day I'm angry and spiteful. I constantly feel heartbroken and sad, the only exception being when I get an occasional "Thank you" hug...which is rare. It makes me feel completely worthless and unlovable, too. I'm also not the most attractive guy out there, and I really don't believe true love exists anymore.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Once, but that's it. I tend to not take relationships seriously anymore after that.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I never let heartbrakes get to me, I'm sorta emotionless when those stuff happens

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:45 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This story occured during lunchtime at school. I asked a girl I really like, and you know what she did, she dumped her large Coca Cola on me. That was the saddest day in my life. :cry:

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

heartbreak? whats that? i forgot when i started drinking... and good riddance too.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My crush likes a fat kid! She has all the sympathy for him, then he awkwardly asks her out, she says no, (repeat for 3 years!!!)

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]