It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Need For Speed Wii 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This topic covers NFS: Carbon, Prostreet, Undercover, and the most recent, NFS: Nitro.

Carbon comes off of the storyline of Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit 2. At first you get into a pursuit with Cross (a cop) and run into a truck. Cross comes to arrest you, but Darius shows up, and gets you off the hook. Darius gives you a free car, and Neville helps you out in Palmont City (Carbon). He asks where you've been and apparently you've been in Rockport City. You race, conquer the city, block by block, until a shocking turn towards the end.

Prostreet is the story of Ryan Cooper, a "punk" off the streets winning small time races. He gets an opportunity to race in the big-leagues of racing, takes it and gets to race in Battle Machine. He races up, dominates at Showdowns, and eventually takes down the 5 kings: 1 for each type of race (Drag, drift, etc.) and one Showdown king, Ryo Wantanbe. Ryo hates small time racing and thinks he's unstoppable. WRONG

Undercover is about you being an undercover cop, where you are directed by FBI agent Chase Linh to go undercover and bust car thief organizations. While the cops still try to arrest you, the pursuits are far easier than on Carbon. But the end reveals the most shocking twist of plot I've seen in any video game.

If anyone owns Nitro, please do tell what it's like. From the website, I'd say Nitro has the own territory system similar to Carbon, the world location set like Prostreet, and the cops of Undercover, but definitely new cars.

Carbon and Undercover do not appear to be related as far as storyline.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]