Yes 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
A bit of both 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11

Lives 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have a life. :(

I feel like I'm just wasting away killing time, until I die. Sometimes I go out and I have fun, sometimes I'll stay at home and have fun, but ultimately I think I should be traveling the world, helping sick kids in Africa, enter politics and solve everyone's problems, or just going wild and passing out every night. Of course, none of these are viable, but I really envy rich people. Their lives aren't perfect, but beats any form of monotony. Sometimes I wish my life was a bit more of a soapie you know but instead I'm sitting here in front of my laptop typing away my problems. Even the emo kids on TV don't do that.

Anyway enough about me, do you guys have lives? I've always seen the term thrown around on these forums but I want to know what actually occurs in this "life" (rather alien to it all ya see)

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

By your standards, I don't think anyone here has a life. I think I do... not that I enjoy it, but at least I do something with it.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I like to assume I have a life. I'm stuck in a dead-endish job and moneywise I'm right on the border of stable and food stamps. But I'm also married to a lovely lady, expecting our first kid :D, and have a rather happy life with my friends and hobbies. So It's not ideal in all aspects but I consider it a "life" and am happy with it.

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I'm sitting here in front of my laptop typing away my problems.

^About everyone I knew in high school describes their life being like this. If your that young then don't worry about "life" and focus on finishing school and making a life for yourself to go into. IMO college is where life truly begins.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes, I have a lot of friends and make more all the time. ;o

I couldnt ask for better ones, they share my exact interests (and I think one or two actually have accounts here). They're funny, and I love them.

I don't know if school counts, but I do higher level for every subject, but that's compulsory because of streaming so it's not great.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

.. I just want to put more meaning in my life. People say they do their jobs because they like it, because they want to contribute to society, I just do it do buy things I want. People say they're studying to get a better education, because they aspire to be better, I just do it because everyone else is doing it. I'm not advocating that those who don't comply with my shopping list above do not have a life and are therefore just like me, I just want to know what having a life meant for you guys, so that hopefully I can find some meaning in my own. I'm guessing relationships of some form or other would be the major contributor of drawing out life's maximal potential, but I find it hard to make true friends. Acquaintances and networking I can pick up easily, but I've always thought if I were better looking (or at least average looking) life would simply fall into place. I'm not funny, I'm not interesting nor attractive. It's probably just a phase though but I need to get through it.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I screwed up too many times. My "life" is over.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DragonPhoenix wrote:
.. I just want to put more meaning in my life.

Read Grendel by John Gardner, paying close attention to the chapter with the Fird Dragon. It has changed my perception of life and meaning in general.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really have much of a life, But then again, I'm not out of school yet.

Wake up
Go To School
Go home
Eat
Play video Games
Sleep
Wake up, Etc.

That's everyday of my life.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Emin Jofit wrote:
DragonPhoenix wrote:
.. I just want to put more meaning in my life.

Read Grendel by John Gardner, paying close attention to the chapter with the Fird Dragon. It has changed my perception of life and meaning in general.

I read that book. T'was good.

I sorta have a life, though it's pretty intermittent with moments of me not having a life.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:40 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Krisp wrote:
I screwed up too many times. My "life" is over.

It's never too late to apologize, change, and most importantly, do the right thing. Your life is a beautiful thing and the next part of it is being served up on a silver platter: indulge.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess I'm still waiting for my life to start. I've pretty much been waiting my entire life to go to university and it's finally going to happen less than a year from now. I keep telling myself I'll hold out on having a real social life, it's okay I spend so much time online because next year things will change. I've gotten a lot better throughout high school -- I'm more social, I dress better and I'm not nearly as socially awkward as I used to be. Most people still remember that socially awkward, weird Jamie, though, so high school's out. When I meet new people in a new setting, away from high school, they tend to really like me (work, summer school etc).

University's going to be my fresh start and that's when I'll work on this whole "life" thing.

Also @Krisp:
pelligargetic wrote:
It's never too late to apologize, change, and most importantly, do the right thing. Your life is a beautiful thing and the next part of it is being served up on a silver platter: indulge.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do I have a mission to acomplish :!:

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think i do have a life i jus get on here on my spare time which i have alot since i don't go to work but i been looking for one. on some evenings i go to practice on some weekends i go party with my neighbors or hit the clubs with them or we walk to the park whenever we're bored. during the week i play the piano and try to get better.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:

While the sentiment is appreciated, it irks me a little when I tell people I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere and they respond with comments like "you only live once, enjoy it," or "you only get out what you put in." I went through the whole "my social life will explode when I hit uni" but I'm finding I can't keep up with the pace. You have to be funny, you have to be gorgeous, you gotta be absolutely loaded and in addition to all that you have to keep up with everything you're doing outside uni. OK, being gorgeous is optional but the others are musts. I don't know. I guess I thought I had everything figured out but perhaps I don't. I reckon I'll give that book a go.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 and somewhat pokemon_god wrote:

Wake up
Go To School
Go home
Do homework(If have any)
EatPlay video Games
Eat
Play more video games

Relax in bed watchin' TV
Sleep
Wake up, Etc.

LOL, I was going to write/type the same thing. It's like you read my mind. Except, mine goes like this. And that's my life.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

these live things are too much work plus i made it difficult for myself. i dunno, i don't know what sort of things an average 14 year old should be doing at weekends. i have a few good friends irl, and a lot of friends i wish were good friends but i blocked them out when they were willing to let me in and now i feel i've probably wrecked my chance.
i also struggle to talk to people in groups, i find it much easier to talk to just one person on their own. its just to confusing with more. need to pick up that life skill.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]