It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 berries 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, I just realized that the EV-reducing berries introduced in Emerald have been carried over to DPP.

I just bred and EV trained 4 pokemon for nothing, lol...

I do hope they also carry over to HGSS so I can start off with whatever team I want and then simply re-train them later! Yay for EV berries!

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, since you already started a thread on EV-reducing berries, I thought I'd ask my question in your thread:

You mentioned something I'm curious about: "Retraining all over again."

When you go through a game for the first time, you obviously don't want to worry about EV training as you go, thus you need to retrain them after indiscriminately scattering their EV points.

MAIN QUESTION: Does this mean that you need to use ALL of the different EV-reducing berries 11 times on ONE pokemon, simply to reduce all the EV points back to normal *because* you didn't pay attention to how they were dispersed amongst the pokemon's stats in the first place?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TelekinopticFire wrote:
Hey, since you already started a thread on EV-reducing berries, I thought I'd ask my question in your thread:

When you go through a game for the first time, you obviously don't want to worry about EV training as you go, thus you need to retrain them after indiscriminately scattering their EV points.

MAIN QUESTION: Does this mean that you need to use ALL of the different EV-reducing berries 11 times on ONE pokemon, simply to reduce all the EV points back to normal *because* you didn't pay attention to how they were dispersed amongst the pokemon's stats in the first place?

No,just use it until it says its base stat cant go any lower...This way you do it on all stats and when it says that you can for sure know all.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TelekinopticFire wrote:

No,just use it until it says its base stat cant go any lower...This way you do it on all stats and when it says that you can for sure know all.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ryu wrote:
TelekinopticFire wrote:

So pretty much... make a poffin using the EV-reduct berry and if there are no EVs left on that particular stat, then it won't allow you to use the poffin? And if that's the case, then simply move on to the next stat?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

TelekinopticFire wrote:
So pretty much... make a poffin using the EV-reduct berry and if there are no EVs left on that particular stat, then it won't allow you to use the poffin? And if that's the case, then simply move on to the next stat?

Don't make a poffin, just use the berry.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sion9 wrote:
TelekinopticFire wrote:

Don't make a poffin, just use the berry.

Oh, mkay. Thanks guys!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

solieus wrote:
So, I just realized that the EV-reducing berries introduced in Emerald have been carried over to DPP.

I just bred and EV trained 4 pokemon for nothing, lol...

I do hope they also carry over to HGSS so I can start off with whatever team I want and then simply re-train them later! Yay for EV berries!

They do...O .K.

Lock the thread Admins/ Mods
This thread has been solved!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]