It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Any effect of the GBA games? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well as we all know Nintendo is trying to ditch the whole GBA + DS thing, but do you think they will still try to do the stuff that effects with GBA.

Now, we all know that in D/P/Pt the games have the Pal Park, but they also have the Pokemon exclusives.

I don't know about any of you, but I bought most of the GBA games for my DS to play between 07-09, in order to put them in the game. It cost around 200$, even used!
If there going to ditch this, that 200$ is going to lower down to about 30$ for all of them.

Also, if there is any effect. I would like to see something like if you insert the game, you get a game exclusive Legendary. Which would be cool to see.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Yours?

-Matthew "DS Lite > DSi" K.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Knowing Nintendo they will not totally abandon the GBA games. Yes more than likely GBA games will depreciate in value, but they will still be worth something. Nintendo knows a good portion of its fanbase still play the old games from the days of the NES and SNES (which is why they brought in the Wii marketplace where you can buy/re-buy games from those consoles, as well as N64 titles). I foresee that in the future of the GBA games.

They already have something like insert the game cartridge and get exclusive legendary. In D/P/Pt depending on which Pokemon GBA you have inserted you can encounter Pokemon you cannot normally get.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can imagine that features with the GBA games will have some effect but it won't be so forced down your throat like DPP did.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They probably won't have any use for the GBA games once HG/SS is released. I think that if they make a new console though, and a 5th Generation, then Nintendo may re-use/copy the GBA slot + DS function in a new way. Like if you have a DPP or HG/SS game in the DS slot on
(insert new game system/handheld here), then you can migrate DPP/HGSS Pokemon over to the 5th Generation game. That may be it for the GBA games though. The GBA games were only used for migrating in DPP, so it's very likely that they won't be used for anything else.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:
They probably won't have any use for the GBA games once HG/SS is released. I think that if they make a new console though, and a 5th Generation, then Nintendo may re-use/copy the GBA slot + DS function in a new way. Like if you have a DPP or HG/SS game in the DS slot on
(insert new game system/handheld here), then you can migrate DPP/HGSS Pokemon over to the 5th Generation game. That may be it for the GBA games though. The GBA games were only used for migrating in DPP, so it's very likely that they won't be used for anything else.

I totally agree, The pal-park is still in HG and SS though. That will most likely to be for the Hoenn pokemon. :D
The thing is aswell, when the 5th Gen comes out (There will be one, the pokemon games are still going strong) i think it will be shocking to seethe dofference from the original RBY games to the 5th gen
. :shock:

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]