It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 And how did you want that cut, sir? 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright, since I've been working in a deli for the past few months, I've obviously come to notice how customer's preferences in meat thickness can wildly vary.

If you like lunch meats, whether it be for sandwiches or whatever else, how do you like your meat cut?

Shredded? (torn apart into finer pieces)

Shaved? (state just before meat shreds)

Or sliced? And if you prefer slices, how thick? Thin, thick, or giant slab?

And to make things even more interesting (also for participation from those who don't eat meats):

What does your ideal sandwich contain? Be sure to list condiments, what kind of bread, etc.

I will post mine later, as I am very tired right now.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I don't nitpick about how thick my lunch meat is, but I do favor thick more. I hate that shredded crap the falls apart when you pick it up.

And my ideal sandwich varies. It really depends on what I can find in the fridge and what I'm in the mood in to put on there. Usually, I go for ham, turkey, hard salami, bread and butter pickles, mayo, a little bit of mustard, and jalapenos, and lettuce if it's fresh, which it usually isn't.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Honestly it doesn't matter much to me. As long as the meat tastes good, it's cut "normal" (not shaved) and as long as it's not too thick. I guess it's kinda hard to explain with text on the internet, but I'm not really all that picky.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
(also for participation from those who don't eat meats)

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Actually R_R I'm going to break the rules and go with my ideal burger instead because I'm cool like that and I can.

Veggie burger paddy on a whole wheat bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and then for condiments ketchup, tomato, mayonnaise and hot sauce. LOTS of hot sauce. I really like spicy food :>

This contrasts to my friends who order their burgers with just ketchup.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thickly sliced hard salami, Thinly sliced provolone, and shaved turkey to top it off. Oh, and bacon.

hehehehe. shaved meats. "I prefer my meat hairless, thank you."

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I guess I would prefer to not have shredded meat. Otherwise, as long as there is a lot of meat, I am fine with it. Ideally, I'll have lettuce, mustard, pepperjack cheese, and however much meat of any kind that can fit on a sandwich. Though, if it is deli meat, I prefer things like ham and salami over turkey and chicken (deli chicken just tastes weird).

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

***** jokes aside, I like my meat cut thick.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:

And to make things even more interesting (also for participation from those who don't eat meats):

What does your ideal sandwich contain? Be sure to list condiments, what kind of bread, etc.

I think I'll describe a Subway Sandwich here...Italian Parmesian Bread, with American Cheese, lettuce, jalapenos, pickles, and a **** of black olives. Oh, and mayo on top. Yes, I know my sandwich is lacking, but I'm a really picky eater so I can't deal with most vegetables. I also don't mind this thing being toasted.

I'm probably one of the worst people because I'm a vegetarian, and at that, I'm a really picky one. At least I'm not a vegan. I could not live without dairy products.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
***** jokes aside, I like my meat cut thick.

*snickers*
Poe wrote:
I'm probably one of the worst people because I'm a vegetarian, and at that, I'm a really picky one. At least I'm not a vegan. I could not live without dairy products.[/color]

I didn't know you were vegetarian. I went vegan for maybe a month and I lost a lot of weight but decided I couldn't do it. I missed cheese. I eat less dairy now though than I did before I went vegan, so I guess that's okay. ;o

At Subway I usually get the garlic cheese bread or something, or if I'm feeling particularly health-conscious, whole wheat. Always toasted. Then mozza cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, hot peppers, sub sauce and mayonnaise. Mmmm. At Tim Horton's I always get the egg salad sandwich on whole wheat toasted.

At McDonalds I can only eat grilled cheese happy meals. :3

Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As promised...

I prefer my meat shaved for standard sandwiches and subs. I like the texture better than sliced and shredded.

My ideal sandwich: Shaved roast beef, lettuce, one slice of colby jack cheese.

My ideal sub: Toasted sandwich pepperoni sub with a mixed cheese blend melted onto the pepperoni.

My ideal burger: Bun, patty, layer of bacon, another patty, another layer of bacon, bun.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Roast beef cut fairly thinck, with lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, on an italian sub. Aweshum

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Meat, I like it cut either thin or thick depends on the meat.

As for my ideal sandwich.

Thickly cut Genoa salami, with thinly cut ham and turkey. With some Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, black pepper, spicy mustard, some pepper relish. All on wheat bread.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I can actually be kinda picky, not about my meat (I don't care if it's shredded or sliced) but the other stuff. I don't like mustard, pickles, tomatoes, or onions. All of those are default for the sandwiches they make at the local deli. I swear, they must dread when I walk in...>.<

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I prefer my meat cut. Size doesn't matter at all to me so long as it comes in a pretty, tight package.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DatVu wrote:
I prefer my meat cut. Size doesn't matter at all to me so long as it comes in a pretty, tight package.

This made my day.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Jamie wrote:
DatVu wrote:

This made my day.

Rofl, and that made mine. XD!!!

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dont care how its cut I'll eat it :!: :!:

86% carnivore
14% everything else............and yet I'm able to keep a my slim look :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:15 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i have no idea wtf shaved or shredded meat is. i think putting ham in a sandwich is completely stupid though, the two don't go together at all :/ its like putting strawberrys in the pasta salad or tuna flavored ice cream. ham tastes okay seperate, but ham sandwiches are gross.

i normally actually don't put anything in my sandwiches, i just eat buttered bread in sandwich shape. If i could though, i would have meatballs in my sandwiches all the time, 'cause they taste so yummy in them :)

and lol datvu

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I tend to like hams and chicken/turkey sliced thin and Salami, bologna, and cheeses sliced thicker.

Back when I worked at a deli I dreaded doing shaved or shredded meats, Our slicer just couldn't get to a setting that would allow it easily.

Favorite sammich is Hard salami(Good stuff only, National brand ones taste crappy.) , Aged swiss cheese and honey mustard.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]