It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Battle frontier questions 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

1. What are some teams that have movesets that are Super Effective against all/most of the types of pokemon? I'm trying to beat dome ace tucker but first I need to beat the dome 3 more times. I thought it looked like there were kind of trends that most people seemed to use. For example, right now, the most commonly used types are rock, ground, water, psychic, and ghost. I wrote down types that are Super Effective against these and came out with Blaziken, Shiftry, and Starmie. I tried to do this with all the types but I keep getting all mixed up thinking of Pokemon that can learn all the moves I need it to. :?

2. What are the easiest symbols to get? I only have the Gold Luck Symbol. I can't decide which building to tackle. Also, I think I'd like to save the battle tower for last unless that's the next easiest to get.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Luck is easiest? I guess I never had very good luck as I never managed gold for that.

The easiest two are the battle tower and the battle pyramid (Bring a pickup pokemon and do the level 100 challenge!)

For the dome, bring a pokemon with a single weakness for your lead, then two pokemon pokemon that both resist that one weakness and have different resists to each other second. For example, the dome ace Tucker uses a Swampert (4x weak grass only) and a backup of Salamence (weak to Ice, Rock, Dragon. Resists Ground & Fire) and Metagross (weak to Ground & Fire, Resists Ice, Rock, Dragon) and which both resist Grass. This is wise because then if a grass type comes out first you can switch to your backup and use that, otherwise keep using Swampert. If the opponent has 3 grass types then just use both Salamence and Metagross. That's why it is the "Tactics" symbol, those choices will make or break the match for you.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Amplify wrote:
Luck is easiest? I guess I never had very good luck as I never managed gold for that.
Haha. Never said it was the easiest.
The easiest two are the battle tower and the battle pyramid (Bring a pickup pokemon and do the level 100 challenge!)
OK I've also been trying at the battle pyramid. So I should stick with that.

For the dome, bring a pokemon with a single weakness for your lead, then two pokemon pokemon that both resist that one weakness and have different resists to each other second. For example, the dome ace Tucker uses a Swampert (4x weak grass only) and a backup of Salamence (weak to Ice, Rock, Dragon. Resists Ground & Fire) and Metagross (weak to Ground & Fire, Resists Ice, Rock, Dragon) and which both resist Grass. This is wise because then if a grass type comes out first you can switch to your backup and use that, otherwise keep using Swampert. If the opponent has 3 grass types then just use both Salamence and Metagross. That's why it is the "Tactics" symbol, those choices will make or break the match for you.
OK, do you have any teams that fit that description?

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
Amplify wrote:
Haha. Never said it was the easiest.
OK I've also been trying at the battle pyramid. So I should stick with that.

OK, do you have any teams that fit that description?

Other than Tucker's team? Not off the top of my head, I hated the Emerald battle frontier, that place was made of HAX, and when you get haxed even once when you're only able to bring 3 pokemon, that's really bad. Doubly so when you have to go so long on one win streak.

If you don't want to use the same team as tucker, Perhaps something along the lines of Gyarados, Claydol & either Magneton or Breloom, as they follow a similar convention. Really though, you need to think up a team that suits you for the job.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]