It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What was most frustrating for you in Sinnoh? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Definitely the most aggravating thing was winning that stupid Master Rank contest, just so I could challenge the gym leader Fantina. The gym battle was no sweat, but contests are /really/ not my forte. Therefore, I suck at em and it took forever to do.

Friend Code: 3051 0289 6750
Add me at will, just PM me so that I'll know.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

tpjerematic wrote:

Mespirit and Cresselia. :frustrated: :censored: ing hate fleeing pokes like those two, i ended up getting so frustrated with mespirit i caught it with my masterball. then found out about the other one. :frustrated: annoyingly low capture rates.

I caught both of them in a day, I paralyzed them both with raichu let them run, then next time I caught a wild Golbat with Mean Look and would slowly whittle away health/not let Golbat die until my timer balls became basically master balls

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hippo-freaking-potas. (hey, that sounds nice.)

It's my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon, but the first time you have a shot at catching him is in route 214 after you go on a tedious Unown hunt. And when you're finally done, you have to run your way from millions of Geodudes just to get a glimpse of one male 'Potas. And when you finally catch him...

... he's Modest. ='(

Seriously, after days of running around, I settled for a measly Jolly one. Because Speed on a fat hippopotamus is fundamental. -.-

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
I didn't really care about my Hippopotas's nature, I just wanted one for my pokedex. I was searching for about 10 minutes before I finally found one and caught it.
However, even though I headed straight for the exit, I found 2 more hippopotas on my way out!

8 D

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The most frustrating thing for me was beating Cynthia :oops:

I kept getting owned by her Milotic >.<

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Regigigas and Beldum. Regigigas was reasonable, but Beldum? He was a nightmare to catch! Ended up using one of my hacked Master Balls from a friend.

Getting the Power items. Only 3 BP?! Come on!

Reaching Heatran. Gave up after about 5 failed attempts.

Roark in my new Pearl. Whited out like, ten times. Even with Turtwig.

Evolving tiny Pokemon since I lost my Exp. Share somewhere.

Finding Kyogre in Pal Park.

Finding a reasonable trade from the GTS.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Kruggeikarp wrote:
{starly} / {staravia} and {bidoof} / {bibarel} .

Honestly, stupidity like this is what frustrates me the most.

lol that is pretty annoying but its not bad...i used to do that but in different situations =/

Fri May 01, 2009 10:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i would sayd when i lost to the Rival at the end of victory road

Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll admit that Bidoof and Bibarel are two of the most retarded pokemon ever made.

BUT! I can't really complain too much about them.
1. They make a great HM slave throughout the game.
2. All the generations have had absolutely dumb pokemon running around in almost every route, so it's nothing new to deal with.

I'd say the most annoying thing for me was that the story seemed very drawn out near the end/E4. It just seemed to drag on forever for me and I just wanted to be done with the E4 already so I could start the actual game :P

Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Finding a fire-type was a big pain in the butt. I checked and there's only like...33 fire-type Pokemon out there. Only 12 or so are obtainable in Sinnoh before you get the National Dex. And I refused to take Chimchar, so as soon as I saw a Ponyta, I caught it.

Then there's trying to find GTS trades, because for some reason, I'm unable to tell what level people are asking for in Platinum, so most of the time, my Pokemon aren't tradable, even if it only says "Bidoof."

Ironically, catching Dialga and Palkia - which I would've thought would be pretty rough - turned out to be extremely easy. I caught both of them on my first attempt, first ball thrown, in like 5 minutes. >_<

Sun May 03, 2009 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Larvitar, I had to use a hacked master ball on a lv 4 Larvitar, since it wouldn't even move when I sent out like 10 Ultra balls! Same with Abras; they always teleport before I can do anything! Roark on Platinum, since my lead was traded @ lv 1 from Diamond, squirtle. I whited out twice! The only other time I whited out besides on FR w/ my Charizard against Misty, 7 white-outs!
Distortion world was also screwed for me. It took me 2 days to find my way out of there! At least whats-his-name I fought before approaching Giratina wasn't that bad.
EV training.

Image (by Ender)

Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here are my top 6.

1. People trading me eggs as junk over wifi...

2. Dunsparce not getting an evolution while gligar, the pokemon that was already awesome, gets a crap one and is bumped into the OU tier.

3. Getting owned by my friend who used Bibarel. He called it "B1B4R31!"

4. Heart Scales... I spent sooooo much time trying to get these.

5. Breedng pokemon for natures, IV and egg moves.

6. Ev training- Combined with my hatred of gathering Heart Scales and breeding, I was forced to buy and AR.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd say Mt. Cornet.
Like, every step I took, I always ran into either a Zubat, or a Geodude. It got annoying.
Thats why I think caves should be like Grassy Areas... Where you can avoid running into wild Pokemon.
But meh, Caves aren't that big. I can get over it.

The Team.
{torterra} {staraptor} {luxray} {machamp} {gengar} {alakazam}

Fri May 08, 2009 3:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have to change my vote. As of now it's the lvl 1 {regigigas} in Platinum. What a b*^%h!

Fri May 08, 2009 3:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think: catching legendaries and champion: i needed very long time to train my pokes to that lv
oh i all most forgot: lack of fire type and those commons like starly and bidof :censored:

Sun May 17, 2009 10:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

RJ9453 wrote:
Me not saving my game on bule when my {venusaur} went to LV 1oo on Bule :censored:

This topic is about Sinnoh, the Diamond and Pearl regions. Red, Blue, and Yellow were Kanto. ;)

The thing that frustrated me the most was the lack of variety in wild Pokemon. I know there are a lot out there, but it seemed like just about every place had a zubat/golbat, machop/machoke, and meditite/medicham. They're in caves, they're in the grass, heck, they're even in the snow. I just got tired of seeing them.

I also thought the amount of wild Pokemon battles got overwhelming at times. It seemed like I got attacked every 4 paces and I don't remember it being that annoying in other games. I tried going with it and fighting them all, which led to over-leveled Pokemon, but I finally gave up and bought repels.

This is more my fault than the games, but I was silly and used my masterball on Mesprit because I HATE running Pokemon. I will happily restart my game a thousand times to try and catch a stationary legendary, but I just can't deal with the runners. I thought I was being so clever and wisely using my masterball... And then I found out about Cresselia.

:frustrated:

Edit: Sorry for helping in bumping this old topic. I was looking at the post date of the person above me, not noticing that everyone else left this conversation back in May. Oops. :oops:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

The very annoying bidoofs that break my chain when i am chaining for shiny's

{darkrai} -Palindrome- {darkrai}

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Diamond- Catching Regigigas. Soooooooo long! It took me 1hr and 54min. to catch it. :frustrated:
Platinum- Getting through Victory Road. It took me so long to get through.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I actually found Route 217 a bit frustrating. I didn't like how you couldn't move all that fast when you wanted to get somewhere. I also didn't like getting stuck in the mud in the Great Marsh and on the Route to Pastoria.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Breeding. I hate breeding. Breeding is evil. It took me about 20 eggs to get a Modest Magnemite with Magnet Pull, even though I was using a Modest Ditto with an Everstone. It also takes forever to get good IVs, no matter what. Breeding will frustrate me until the end of time, I swear.

Oh, and Lucian's Bronzong. When I was a newbie to Pokemon in Diamond, it took me so many tries to beat that thing.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Electrike! wrote:

Oh, and Lucian's Bronzong. When I was a newbie to Pokemon in Diamond, it took me so many tries to beat that thing.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I still have nightmares.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The only thing I hated in Sinnoh is Route 217. It's just frustrting that you get slow.... Another one is going through Mt. Coronet. Mind you, I got lost 5 times in that friggin mountain -_-.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Did so many ppl have problems with his bronzong? I admit he is a bit tricky but I downed him almost right away. He's even easier in platinum and then he has both a gallade which **** up my empoleon and then a super fast alakazam. Those were tricky. Nevertheless I beat em all on my first try :wink:

Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The dumb psyducks that were blocking route 210 i had no idea what to do next until i read the walkthrough. dumb psyducks

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MOST FRUSTRAING is giant mulch :frustrated:

Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next