It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 best team for elite four 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

in your opinoins what is the best team that will destroy the elite four with no problem?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For Sidney, a good fighting type, I'm thinking Machamp. For Phoebe, go for a dark type, preferably Absol. For Glacia, I say fire all the way, Blaziken. For Drake, Glalie/Walrein will do fine. And for: Steven- Water/Ground, Swampert! Wallace- Electric, Raichu/Manectric/Magneton

So we have together:

{blaziken}
{absol}
{machamp}
{glalie} / {walrein}
{swampert} (R/S)
{raichu} / {manectric} / {magneton} (Emerald)

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd have to say in this order the best for E4 are

Salamence, Swampert, Aggron, Absol, Flygon(in case Salamence faints), and lastly (hoping you don't have to) Rayquaza.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have sapphire and I always use Kyogre on the E4. Just Kyogre.
I raise it 5 levels before facing them if it's nature is
-modest
-mild
-rash
-quiet (give a few Carbos to help raise speed)
Mild is the best nature for Kyogre. (opinion)
10 levels if it's not one of the four natures listed above

with the moveset
-surf
-ice beam
-thunder
-rest

I used the PPmax I got from Trickmaster on route 110 on surf. Because I use surf to "one hit K.O." most to the E4's pokemon
If I have any PPups then i use them on ice beam.
Rest can be replaced by any move really, I only use it when I battle my friend. He hates my Kyogre :D

note: Kyogre's ability Drizzle is the reason my moveset is as it is
- Thunder gets 30% better accuracy, making it as accurate as thunderbolt, quick attack, ember, etc.
- Surf's damage gets a 50% damage increase
- Also, do to the fact that Kyogre is a water pokemon it raises Surf's damage a further 50%

I could go into further detail about which moves to use on which of the E4's pokemon so that you never have to use an ether, but I figure I have already written a lot more then was necessary for a proper response to the topic.

Last edited by Mr. Eved on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mr. Eved wrote:
-modest
-mild
-rash
Mild is the best nature for Kyogre.

I agree with everything else you wrote more or less, but since when is Mild better for Kyogre than Modest or Timid?

Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Amplify wrote:
Mr. Eved wrote:
-modest
-mild
-rash

I agree with everything else you wrote more or less, but since when is Mild better for Kyogre than Modest or Timid?

I was just glancing at my pokemon emerald guide when I typed that.

it said
modest - sp atk easy to raise. def and atk hard to raise.
mild - sp atk easy to raise. def hard to rase
timid - speed easy to raise. atk hard to raise

with my Kyogre I prefer high sp atk and high speed in that order. I completely ignore atk def and sp def because my Kyogre doesn't know any moves requiring high atk and has a high enough speed to go before any of the E4's pokemon making def and sp def pointless for the task at hand. My statement about which nature was best was entirely due to my preferences and in what I use my Kyogre for. In other words, it was just my opinion. Besides, the topic was about the E4 and that opinion has always served me well when it comes to the E4. But again, Best is always based on preferences and opinion with me. I never meant it to come off as a solid fact that Mild was best. Sorry about that. I will go back and edit it.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mr. Eved wrote:
Amplify wrote:
Mr. Eved wrote:
-modest
-mild
-rash

I was just glancing at my pokemon emerald guide when I typed that.

it said
modest - sp atk easy to raise. def and atk hard to raise.
mild - sp atk easy to raise. def hard to rase
timid - speed easy to raise. atk hard to raise

with my Kyogre I prefer high sp atk and high speed in that order. I completely ignore atk def and sp def because my Kyogre doesn't know any moves requiring high atk and has a high enough speed to go before any of the E4's pokemon making def and sp def pointless for the task at hand. My statement about which nature was best was entirely due to my preferences and in what I use my Kyogre for. In other words, it was just my opinion. Besides, the topic was about the E4 and that opinion has always served me well when it comes to the E4. But again, Best is always based on preferences and opinion with me. I never meant it to come off as a solid fact that Mild was best. Sorry about that. I will go back and edit it.

What I meant, is that Modest is the + special attack - attack nature, and mild is + special attack and - defense. You're not using your attack at all, so you may as well lose that in favour of + special attack (modest), or + speed (Timid). With mild, you're just making yourself easier to kill with physical hits for no reason at all.

Don't 100% trust those strategy guides you can buy in shops, the info is often not always correct.
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/natures.php
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I found a few typos in my book, I think that was just another one. I have been resorting more and more to Psypokes since I found out about the site anyway. You are right, modest is better then mild. But I still prefer mild over timid. And hey, when going against the E4, I don't think it matters which of the 3 you have.

- Thanks for the criticism. I only started playing a few months ago. I had played red/blue/yellow/silver/crystal when I was younger and one of my friends recently asked me if I wanted his sapphire version. I'm still learning about moods and how they effect pokemon. So again thanks for that, helping me learn is always appreciated.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Swampert, aggron, gyarados, magmar, raichu and you have to have a salamence

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Blaziken, Garbevoir, Kyogre, Raichu, Skarmory, and Aggron. but never used Aggron. i had a little problem with the first 2 but the ice girl was easy and the last 2 was the easiest for me. my Kyogre knows Ice Beam and so when i got 2 the last elite four and the champ, all i used was my lvl 50 Kyogre and he never got knocked out. just had 2 use a leppa berry 2 restore the pp on ice beam b4 i took the champ on. easiest elite four i have ever done.

92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]