It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Hunger Games + Catching Fire 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

At the end of last school year, a group of friends and myself read The Hunger Games and we all thought it was fantastic!

For those of you who don't know the book, it's by Suzanne Collins. It's about a girl named Kaniss in a run-down "district" trying to make ends meat and keep her Mother and little sister alive. You meet her on the day that they pick tributes for The Hunger Games. Every year, a boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts get thrown into the wilderness to fight one another, and out of the 24 teenagers, only one can come home. This year, Kaniss's little sister is electable for The Hunger Games and out of the thousands of names more likely to be picked, she is instead.

I don't want to give too much away, so if you haven't read it, run away from this thread now so we don't spoil it for you. If you have read it, come, tell me your thoughts, but don't give away anything in Catching Fire, I literally have only read the first page. :D

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The hunger Games was a great book imo. I had to read it for school over the summer and write a report on it (although I accidentally turned it in the day after the deadline..). I was mad when I found out about the cliffhanger at the end. SEQUEL PLEEZ.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I had to read it for a group class project but I ended up finishing mine before half of my group members got a copy! I loved the book, mostly because she rarely get what she wants. That's kinda what bothered me about the Twilight series, simply the fact that it seemed like Bella was a Marry Sue. She never really got hurt that badly, or when she did, it didn't impair her. Don't get me wrong, I read the whole series and thought it was decent, but it's harder to feel sad for Bella's love story than it is for Katniss's. Bella got what she wanted from the very beginning and Katniss is so unsure about it that it's relateable. And here I really thought she had fallen for him at the end, too!

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]