It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 

Overall, which of the next generation consoles is most appealing to you?
Playstation 3 19%  19%  [ 48 ]
Wii 57%  57%  [ 142 ]
X-Box 360 22%  22%  [ 55 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 251

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Wii's Virtual Console alone is a good reason to buy it. It's especially good for us 13-15 who never really got to play those awesome games. I love the SNES era, it reminds me of my GBA too. :)

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a Wii. I lvoe it.....(could use some more games though...i don't have any munny!) I would lonve to have a PS3!!!! I personally dont care for the X-Box but thats just me....(maybe its because i am no good at Halo.)

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

linkfan57x wrote:
I personally dont care for the X-Box but thats just me....(maybe its because i am no good at Halo.)

Spoiler: There's more to Xbox360 than Halo. Unfortunately, some stupid people think otherwise. I'm not implying you are a part of that group, but seriously, there are some pretty facepalm-worthy people out there who think it is the only game worth playing. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent game series in of itself, but it has some very irrational followers.

In fact, you can go a step further and say there's more than just First Person Shooter games on 360. ":0"

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
linkfan57x wrote:
I personally dont care for the X-Box but thats just me....(maybe its because i am no good at Halo.)

Spoiler: There's more to Xbox360 than Halo. Unfortunately, some stupid people think otherwise. I'm not implying you are a part of that group, but seriously, there are some pretty facepalm-worthy people out there who think it is the only game worth playing. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent game series in of itself, but it has some very irrational followers.

In fact, you can go a step further and say there's more than just First Person Shooter games on 360. ":0"

You could say that but it would be really pushing it. It would be unfair to say that the 360 doesn't have any non-shooter games games worth playing but on the other hand it would also be unfair to say that they are in abundance.
Its just the way the market is heading right now. People want to play shooters so thats what developers will make.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am not a huge fan of any of them, but I'll have to go with the Wii. I'm a little biased, as I have never owned any generation of the X-Box, as I've never been interested in any of the games for it. I'll stick to my Sony and Nintendo systems.

However, I will admit I've been quite disappointed in the PS3. I mean, sure, its graphics are stunning. However, Sony broke with one of the things they had held true to through two consoles: reverse-play compatibility. Yes, I know that "most" games will work on the PS3. But as someone who started on Sony and who still enjoys going back and replaying old games, I want that assurance that this game WILL work on my shiny fancy new console. The price remains a huge consideration for me as well, as I am a poor college student who cannot afford to drop $500 on a system that I don't think is quite worth it yet. However, on the plus side of the PS3, I have discovered at least one game I am a HUGE fan of: Uncharted. I've been a Naughty Dog gamer since I started playing video games, and they did not disappoint with their newest series. I got the chance to play it at a friend's house over winter vacation this year, and it's just stunning. Not only visually, but the plot and the gameplay are also quite good. And this is coming from someone who is primarily an RPG and platform guy, not a shooter gamer by any stretch. Gran Turismo 5 also looks fantastic from the previews I've seen. So I don't know, I may end up purchasing a PS3 sometime in the near future, but as of yet, I'm really not impressed with it.

The Wii has also let me down. The concept is still amazing to me, and there have been fantastic games for it. It is the only one of these third-generation consoles I actually own, and I have enjoyed having it. However, Nintendo has strayed away from making games for "gamers", if you will. At least half of the games for the Wii are not targeting the audience that console games used to appeal to. Is this a fantastic marketing ploy for Nintendo? Absolutely. Is it good that more people are playing video games? In my opinion, yes. But can we have some games that have slightly more mature themes, perhaps games that don't make me feel like I'm actually 8 and not 19. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess did a fantastic job using the Wii's capabilities, and yet making a game that's not all happy-sunshine. There will always be room for those happy-sunshine games, but there needs to be a balance between that. Hell, I want to use the Wii-mote as a sword more. The possibilities are great, but Nintendo needs to use them more.

So after that extensive ramble, I'll still say my verdict is with the Wii, because Twilight Princess is one of the better games I've played for any console. The PS3 is cool, but for the moment unnecessary and overpriced to me. I can remain perfectly happy with my PS2 and the selection of games for that, at least for a few months more. And the 360, I have no loyalty to, and I have no games that make me really want a 360. So Wii it is.

Working my way through Pokedex completion. Seen 418, caught 295.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think the wii is much better for having the nintendo and sega games like sonic mario and smash

Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

xcuse me when ps3 is online,(like i am now) do u need to worry bout viruses? sry if this should be its own thread
edit:thx

Last edited by Anbukakashi14 on Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
xcuse me when ps3 is online,(like i am now) do u need to worry bout viruses? sry if this should be its own thread
Those virusus are all written for windows, and are not coded for the PS3

Sun May 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Haters just be hatin' the PS3.
Are you surfing Psypokes with your XB360 right now?

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like the PS3 better. I never really liked the Wii and X-Box. I don't see anything special in them.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like the Wii, but I'm beginning to hate it. I kinda like the 360, but everyone i know who has one is a total basement dweller. PS3's just suck. They say the graphics are "amazing", but the games i played look like the N64.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ryanh181 wrote:
I like the Wii, but I'm beginning to hate it. I kinda like the 360, but everyone i know who has one is a total basement dweller. PS3's just suck. They say the graphics are "amazing", but the games i played look like the N64.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, not THAT bad. But i did play Laura Croft: Tomb Rider, and the landscape looked pretty bad, and hot shots golf looked like crap.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

On a more serious note, if you want to see better examples of "good graphics" on any console, usually the consoles' big first party games have excellent graphics (for PS3 see: Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, etc).

Also, while great graphics are great on the eye and make the playing experience better, most games should not be defined completely by their graphics. It's a big factor, yes, but gameplay should hold more value in most circumstances.

I own a 360 ;___;

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually don't care about graphics. Everyone seems to make such a big deal of them. Graphics don't make a better game.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
I actually don't care about graphics. Everyone seems to make such a big deal of them. Graphics don't make a better game.

Same for me. I wonder why people make such a big deal out of graphics.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Not many people really do.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually DatVu I've seen people complaining about the DS and its games having bad graphics on sites like Amazon and GameStop.com.
for example: Look at this

Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How can I connect my xbox to a wireless router with an ethernet cable? I want to connect to xbox live but dont want to spend the money on the wireless router for xbox. My xbox is in the same room as my router. How do I connect it?

Last edited by geraldina on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not sure but I think if you have a Cable Modem use put one end of the ethernet cable in the Cable Modem and the other end in your xbox

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

geraldina wrote:
How can I connect my xbox to a wireless router with an ethernet cable?

I previously had a wireless router only, and I just connected my 360 directly into it. Your router should have a few (not a ton, but a few) ethernet cable slots on it; just plug directly into it.

If it doesn't have ethernet slots... uh... you have a weird wireless router.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So, I'm about to get a 360 Elite (probably). I say probably because my close friends with PS3s keep telling me to get a PS3 while friends with 360s say get a 360. We all know the possible problems with a 360 and how almost error-free a PS3 is. I just want to get a good system that is worth the money.

PS3 or 360?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Blastoise09 wrote:
PS3 or 360?

1.) Are there any "exclusives" on either console that seem like must-haves for you? Does one have more games that you like than the other?

2.) Are you willing to pay to play games online? (360 = yes, PS3 = no)

3.) Ask your "PS3/360 Friends" exactly why you should buy the console they have. "RRoD, PS3 has no gaems, $300 Movie machine" are not acceptable answers.

4.) Which of these friends would you rather play games with more? Or is it equal?

In the end, it needs to boil down to what you want. It would be nice if all of your friends had the same console(s) so you could game together, but this is apparently not the case.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yay! I just got my PS3! So happy! And, I got UnCharted2 Among Thieves. Best day of my life! :D

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok PS3 has more software than it's smaller counterpart the PSP but if you look at it Sony is getting better at making more games like Uncharted 2 one of the best games for the PS3 and plus you don't have to pay to play online like the Xbox360 :frustrated:

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in your signature.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next