It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 battle frontier help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there anybody out there that has gotten all of the gold symbols in emerald because I am having trouble getting all of them except the battle palace that one was easy. I have looked at this websites battle frontier guide but I don't feel it helped that much. what i am trying to say is for those who have gotten the gold symbols did you guys have specific pokemon you used to obtain the gold. I am having so much trouble in the tower and especially in the pyramid.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I had gotten the Gold Symbols a while back but i remember it enough to give you some tips.

Firstly the Pyramid was one of the easiest places to beat, all you have to do is talk to the Psychic next to the PC before you go into the challenge. She'll tell you what kind of POkemon will be wild on that particular challenge.

For Example: your first ever challenge at the Pyramid she will tell you that she sees your Pokemon struggling with paralysis. this means that electric Pokemon will be wild (though i had seen a wild Vileplume :? ). The trainers on the other hand don't have to use electric, but then again they're all weak anyways. So here are my suggestions.

1st Challenge-Electric- Use electric resistant/absorbant Pokemon, if you have Swampert your set, Flygon would also do good here,you must also teach them earthquake, or the like, luckily they both learn it later in their last evolution, and lastly a Pokemon that has either strong defenses or can regain health (Latios/Latias, Starmie, Chansey, and the list goes on)

2nd Challenge-Poison-Use STEEL type Pokemon, they can't be hit by Poison types and can't be poisoned. Here i suggest you make use of Metagross (with strong Psychic moves), and Aggron (Double Edge etc.) and then of course a pokemon with strong defenses or can regain health.

3rd Challenge-Fire-These are harder to deal with but are still pretty easy, simply use a Flash Fire pokemon (i used Ninetales for reasons i'll explain later), then use a strong water type, Starmie would do good here, but Milotic would be better (if you don't have a Miltoic go with Starmie), and lastly, since you already have a Starmie on the team i suggest you bring something to wipe out the Frontier Brain, Aggron. The reason i used Aggron is simple. he isn't affected in the slightest bit by ANY of his attacks, BTW he uses Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.

Here are the moves i suggest for aggron-Earthquake, Flamethrower

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ph4nt0m0 wrote:
Here are the moves i suggest for aggron-Earthquake, Flamethrower

Aggron has very poor special attack so flamethrower would be of no good use against regice or registeel, regice whom already has very high special defence.

Earthquake should be fine for Registeel, for Regice i would use either Iron Tail or Rock Slide (or some other strong rock or steel attack). Regirock has high defence, so obviously a special attack would be preferable but perhaps from Swampert or Starmie (Surf/Hydro Pump).

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]