It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Fly & Surf 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Whenever you Surf or Fly in all the Pokemon RPG's, a generic, shadowed sprite is used all the time. Then, I thought: if Game Freak is going to make Overworld sprites for all 493 Pokemon, then those sprites should be used for Flying and Surfing as well. In other words, if you have your Swampert use Surf, you will accually ride on a Swampert sprite. Wouldn't that make HGSS even better! (LOL, flying on a starly)

:mrgreen:

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is a really good idea, and it has a good chance of happening, but your sprite is the same size as your pokemon. I figure it will just stay the same as the last couple games.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yo mektar! that's a good question. i was thinkin' of the same thin'. but i agree with Ryanh181, maybe it'll stay the same. but we'll find out when the game comes out.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I thought about this too and I agree that it would be an awesome addition to the game but theres a couple reasons why it probably won't be in the game.

They are using the same engine as in D/P/P which had the shadowy figures and it seems like it would be a lot of work to change that.

And you know there will be people that cheat to get surf and fly onto pokemon that cant have it and it would be pretty odd to see your character flying on a caterpie.

One thing that I was also thinking is if instead of fly they did it for strength and rock smash, it would probably be easier for them to put into the game because you just have your pokemon jump infront of you and move/break the rock.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That is a mad thought. I hope they will actually do that. I didn't even think about that until i read this.

If they did do this, do you think they would re size Pokemon like Kyogre and Wailord? I don't see a huge Wailord swimming thru the tiny, rock-filled sea routes. Unless they resize the routes as well...

Cheers, Spitfire

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spitfire wrote:
That is a mad thought. I hope they will actually do that. I didn't even think about that until i read this.

If they did do this, do you think they would re size Pokemon like Kyogre and Wailord? I don't see a huge Wailord swimming thru the tiny, rock-filled sea routes. Unless they resize the routes as well...

Cheers, Spitfire

Spitfire, I think this thread might answer your question viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25088

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There is a picture of a tyranitar using Rock Smash, and it was reported that it shows the sprite if the pokemon using the HM is the one following you.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Nothing was better than watching my Kangaskhan using Fly in Pokemon Stadium.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]