It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Milotic or Suicune? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For my team, I'm wondering which pokemon to use. Both are good defenders and both are water type. Milotic has recover and aqua ring, while Suicune is a great sleep talker. Suicune has good spD and D, while milotics spD is better than suicune's but its D is a lot worse.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Generally, Milotic, with its lower defense, can't withstand the powerful forces of Choice Band attackers like Metagross and Dragon Dancing Salamence. Suicune could take a hit or two from the same attackers, then Roar them out. Suicune can also get a few Calm Minds in and pose a threat against the opposing team (but not if they have Blissey). Overall, I would say Suicune is slightly better.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Last edited by Ace on Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Suicune does better, Milotic is a good replacement if you can't get ahold of a good nature/iv Suicune though. For Milotic, marvel scale can make up it's low def. while sleep talking.

Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Suicune is really good at doing the Calm Mind shuffle. Where as Milotic shines at being a good sleep talker due to the fact that Marvel Scale boosts its defense while it has a status condition. It all depends on what you have on your team. If you have Stealth Rocks and/or a layer or two of Spikes, go with a Calm Mind shuffle Suicune. If you want a pokemon that can switch into a Hypnosis without fear of any huge repercussions go with Milotic.

Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd say go with Milotic, my personal preference. It can get a little more bulk than Suicune with it's better recovery options and Sp. Def, and status effects won't hinder it as much as it would for others with it's ability. This was said earlier, but Milotic's defence is not really something to write home about. That being said, you shouldn't switch him in on pokemon that are obviously choiced or are going to dragon dance.

My suggestion is the screen support set.

~Bold Nature, Leftovers

EVS-252 hp, 252 Def, 6 spD

MS:
Light Screen (Will help him shrug off the grass knots and t-bolts)
Surf
Recover
Toxic (Hypnosis is a bad idea after Platinum's release)

Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

shinashu taji wrote:
Suicune is really good at doing the Calm Mind shuffle.

Wut? Suicune can use Rest + Sleep Talk to tank hits all day long. Give him HP (Electric) and Ice Beam for a pseudo boltbeam combo, or Surf and Ice Beam for STAB and the useful Ice attack. How about Crocune? Surf/Calm Mind/Rest/Sleep Talk. Very popular set. Life Orb special sweeper? Choice Specs?

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would go with Milotic. You get Recover, Refresh, Aqua Ring, Attract and Safeguard. Because the Majority of all Pokemon are most likely going to be male you should get a female Milotic so that Attract will hit. I mean, its just my opinion so if you like Suicune better then go for it.

Cheers, Spitfire

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um...this topic was dead. I already picked Suicune anyways. Crocune owns.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh really? That's ok, it doesn't matter too much really.

Cheers, Spitfire

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Of course Suicune is better. He's a LEGENDARY pokemon. But I still prefer Milotic. Milotic RULES!!!!

Visit my Trade Thread!
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29496

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Suicune is better.lock this dang thread!!!!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

BlazeGuard, there is no point in reviving, and I doubt that you even are comparing the two when used in competitive battling.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]