It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Questions about features in HG/SS 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just wondering about a couple things that may or may not be brought into or back into the Jhoto region:

1) will Headbutt and Whirlpool have outside-of-battle use again?
2) Will the PokeGear make its glorious and long-awaited return, or will it be replaced by the Poketch?
3) In-season Pokemon: will you be told by trainers again, or will it merely be replaced by swarms?
4) will HeartGold and SoulSilver be migrate-capable with FR/LG and R/S/E?
5) old berries (such as psncureberry, the best name ever!): will new berries (chesto, leppa, etc.) replace them?
6) will Apricorns be available, and if so, will you be able to go to Curt to make the specialty balls?
and 7) will Team Galactic or Rocket be the enemy in these games?

Thank you to anyone who knows any answers!

you rage for no reason because you have no reason

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SuperAzurill wrote:
6) will Apricorns be available, and if so, will you be able to go to Curt to make the specialty balls?

SuperAzurill wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that answer your questions ? :D

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes, it does answer those questions, thank you. I just haven't had enough time to look up all the screenshots, so my other questions might have obvious answers as well.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'll (try to) answer what I can. FRLG is, I feel, a good precedent for this.

1.) Headbutt might be a Tutored move (don't believe it though) so maybe. Whirlpool is not an HM in DPP, so it won't be in HG/SS either (in FRLG, they used the 3rd gen. HMs as well.)
5.) The new berries (like Lum.) In FRLG, they used 3rd gen. berries.

I have no idea about 2, 3, or 4 (but I hope the Pokegear is back.)

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Azelf wrote:
I'll (try to) answer what I can. FRLG is, I feel, a good precedent for this.

1.) Headbutt might be a Tutored move (don't believe it though) so maybe. Whirlpool is not an HM in DPP, so it won't be in HG/SS either (in FRLG, they used the 3rd gen. HMs as well.)
5.) The new berries (like Lum.) In FRLG, they used 3rd gen. berries.

I have no idea about 2, 3, or 4 (but I hope the Pokegear is back.)

Edit to Azelf's stuff

1) This is not confirmed (Don't give false Info as it shows headbutt tree's (Like how they are and they the sme as gold but revamped in some screenies) They only added 2 extra HM's not change any, Rocksmash was added and so was Waterfall, moves that didn't exist in 1st Gen

5) Yeah, because Red/Blue never had any berries in that games so they added some (what would we do with out the Smexi PSNCURBERRY :D?)

And for the last one Azelf said has images on ProjectPokemon and HGSS main site that shows a part of the 'Gear

Azelf please don't give unconfirmed information and ones you made without proof >.> (Research)

~Rhydon,
I'll help find some information for you :D.

EDIT

CoroCoro also reconfirms the appearance of the PokéGear within the game, appearing in the Menu as usual. It contains the same features as before. I've added a variety of pictures to the picture page and will continue adding as more comes. Expect higher quality pictures as soon as possible, From SEREBII.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ww have new information today about the reamkes so I'm gonna try to answer your questions...

SuperAzurill wrote:
2) Will the PokeGear make its glorious and long-awaited return, or will it be replaced by the Poketch?

Yes ! the PokeGear is still alive !

PokéBeach.com wrote:
For the third scan we have PokeGear and PokeWalker information. You can check the Johto map on the PokeGear and it has a radio and phone (not real ones of course). Unlike previous Pokemon games, you can now assign two key items (like a Super Rod and Bicycle) using the DS's Y button and a reserved button on the touch screen. The scan also shows that the Item Finder has been redesigned, which you can see on the middle of the page to the left (the black circle with orange and a dot). You can also use it as you walk - you do not have to stop to use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) old berries (such as psncureberry, the best name ever!): will new berries (chesto, leppa, etc.) replace them?

We will have the new berries:

PokéBeach.com wrote:
On the bottom of the scan you can see two PokeWalkers connecting to each other, one with a Cyndaquil and the other with a Pikachu. One of the players receives an Oran Berry in doing so, which means that there will probably be ways of obtaining items when connecting with your friend's PokeWalker.

The player recieves an Oran Berry which means that the new berries will be available in the game !!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) will Headbutt and Whirlpool have outside-of-battle use again?

We don't know

PokéGear

3) In-season Pokemon: will you be told by trainers again, or will it merely be replaced by swarms?

We don't know

4) will HeartGold and SoulSilver be migrate-capable with FR/LG and R/S/E?

We don't know

New berries

Apricorns : YES
Kurt : We don't know

Team Rocket

Questions 1, 3 an d 4 to be answered :D

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aww Sux on the new berries also some information about the notch eared Pichu and different worded Pokegear:

CoroCoro also reconfirms the appearance of the PokéGear within the game, appearing in the Menu as usual. It contains the same features as before specifically the Phone, Map, Radio & now the Itemfinder. It also shows the capturing of Pokémon on PokéWalk.
CoroCoro has also confirmed that the special Notched-Ear Pichu that you obtain using the Pikachu Coloured Pichu given away at the 12th movie is unable to be traded and it cannot evolve. It also seems that you can also register two key items in this game and they are accessible via the Touch Screen. I've added a variety of pictures to the picture page and will continue adding as more comes.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Rhydon wrote:
They only added 2 extra HM's not change any, Rocksmash was added and so was Waterfall, moves that didn't exist in 1st Gen

Um, in GSC, they added two HMs: Waterfall and Whirlpool. Rock Smash wasn't an HM during Generation II, and Whirlpool isn't an HM after Generation II. Thus, it should be interesting to see what GameFreak will do as far as Whirlpool being an HM in HGSS is concerned, since you needed to use it to get through the storyline in GSC. And Waterfall was introduced in Generation I, by the way.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
Rhydon wrote:
They only added 2 extra HM's not change any, Rocksmash was added and so was Waterfall, moves that didn't exist in 1st Gen

Um, in GSC, they added two HMs: Waterfall and Whirlpool. Rock Smash wasn't an HM during Generation II, and Whirlpool isn't an HM after Generation II. Thus, it should be interesting to see what GameFreak will do as far as Whirlpool being an HM in HGSS is concerned, since you needed to use it to get through the storyline in GSC. And Waterfall was introduced in Generation I, by the way.

yeah I know I was comparing red/blue to Leaf Green and Fire red

Yeah whirpool was only an HM in G/S/C wonder why it was only in that generation

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Rhydon wrote:

Because you really only used it to get Lugia and it wasn't ever a very powerful move.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

SuperAzurill wrote:
Rhydon wrote:

Because you really only used it to get Lugia and it wasn't ever a very powerful move.

Oh and the Dragons den, Goining to Cianwood?(That fighting gym place) and Someplace else.

BTW I have never played G/S or C

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Then you shouldn't be talking if you've never played the game. In fact, you did not need Whirpool to get to Cianwood City because you only get the HM Whirpool in the Rocket's Base in Mahogany Town.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:

Also, as Frost pointed out, Waterfall DID exist in 1st gen. Only Goldeen and Seaking learned it though.
(Old school, ftw!)

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]