It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Psypoke chatroom thread 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Have you ever imagined how awesome it would be to have the stupid people on the forums go away and all the cool people stay? Well, you're probably craving some hot, sweaty, Psypoke chatroom action. It's where the cool people like Patchy, I_X, Hyperbole, thewhole9, TehRoxer, Jamie, Swampzard, and of course, the staff hang out. People who used to come there but don't anymore :( like Kryten, goldenquagsire, Obsidian_Wolf, etc. are always welcome back. It's not really lacking activity anymore now that it's summer, but new people once in a while would be nice. You'd definitely be more informed about the Psypoke memes that popup in our joke forum and someday, you might be considered staff. Recruitment can be started now, and any questions should be directed at me in PM or this thread.

some awesomeness that occurs every night can be seen on the stats, here. If you talk a lot you'll probably make the list of chatwhores, but beware, Frost is kicking everyone's ass at the #1 spot. :(

It doesn't matter if you're on good or bad terms with the staff, we allow everyone (including banned people) from the main site and forums to have an equal chance at becoming our friend. We have several staff members that were little kids who did nothing but spam up the forums or piss us off (Rhapsody and swift respectfully), but are now staff. And it was all thanks to the chatroom!

Let it be noted that although we allow many things to be said in the chats that we don't on the forums, we still have rules. Don't be annoying, don't flood the chatroom with nonsense, don't use color, and use common sense are pretty much the only rules. Also, if you happen to join the chatroom while nobody is active, fear not! Someone is bound to respond to you eventually. Just sit back, open another browser window, and surf the internet while you idle. We do it all the time. 8-)

Hope to see ya there. :)

Server: irc.kbfail.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #psypoke

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When are you guys most active. Seems like every time I log in, no one ever says anything.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Story of a 2005 member:

I don't recall going to the chats at all when I first joined, let alone while I was still registeel_rocks77. I think I first started using the Java app a bit one summer, and I think I got kicked by Flaming_Wuzzle or something in a joking manner. Iirc I took personally at first, but got over it. I don't recall making "friends" for a good while, but I still enjoyed being in there.

After one of my numerous absences I started going to the chats regularly. I even started to talk to Frost and Krisp! Slowly I became friends with people there, and heck it might've even played a part in me getting modded. Regardless, I became a regular and I enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, reality has kept me away from the chats this past month, with me moving out and being out and about. As soon as I get internet at my home in Rapids, I will probably be logged in 24/7 for the first time evar. :o I'll get to use tags like [work] and [sleep] too! :O

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I joined in late May 2005, and was a regular member then too. That was back when I didn't post on the forums and all my activity was in the IRC channel. There were much fewer chatters back then....all I really recall being there was Amphy, TK, Nido, Flaming_Wuzzle, Darkkend, TheCyberMew (who became my first Psypoke buddy <3), Jigglypuff, RaichuLatias, Galar and a few others. I always had fun, even as a regular member. I remember when Amphy made me an op for the first time for taking this screenshot. It was so awesome. :o

Without the IRC channel, I wouldn't be an administrator, and I definitely wouldn't be here anymore.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The chats are pure awesome, seriously. I wouldn't know DatVu or Swift half as well if I didn't go, and I'd probably still be SH07 or something. ;p

And Frost may be kicking everyone's asses with activity, but I was sixth. Now I'm like...tenth. I'm still the nick champion, even if that's not a good thing, though! 8-)

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:19 am
The Geek
The Geek

If not for the chats, this WEBSITE probably wouldn't be here anymore. When we were without webhosts in the past, it was the chatrooms that helped to keep us all together. And Tom's free forums, but those eventually died too. For a while, the whole of Psypoke was nothing but a chatroom.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

who is this ninja black person and why is he so important?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

It's kinda awesome to think that I'd have a shot at being an admin. I love this website, and it's the only pokemon fansite I use other than Bubapedia. It sucks that I forgot my old account and password.. = Oh well, I'm on here all the time now, so I'm going to join the chats once I get back home (I'm in Idaho working for my uncle).

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

The chats are definitely a great place to get to know other members (and get yourself more well known), and have been a favorite hangout of mine for the past 3 years. Even at one point when I ceased posting on the forums for nearly a year, I was always hanging out in the chats. It's a more intimate and laid back environment than posting on the forums, and would be a great idea for anyone and everyone to try.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just read this thread, got all riled up so i could join the party that is the Psypoke Chat...Then the page loaded where i could download the app. It's for windows only. The only computer I alone get private access to in my house is my laptop. A mac. I'm a windows guy myself. Why do I have a mac? Cuz for my 7th grade, i was in my school's laptop program. We had to buy a mac due to the whim of the school. And now, nearly three years later, I'm unable to join the psypoke chats. story of my life :( (Okay, not my whole life, but about 3 years of it, yes.) T^T

-Girls (although it is generally unrequited)
-Math. w00t. QED :D

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:42 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

You can join the chats using the java applet on any machine compatible with the JRE.

If you're still stuck, there are clients (such as the AJAX powered Mibbit) which require only javascript support, so basically anything can use it.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Admittedly, 90% of the people who use a chat client use mIRC, but it's not the only client out there. There are Mac clients as well; I'm sure there's got to be at least one IRC widget.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

XChat Aqua is a popular Mac client.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wow, thanks for all the prompt replies for mac! :D Swift, I'll try downloading XChat Aqua immediately, thanks!

~Edit~
Yeah, I just tried XChat Aqua....I can;t seem to find the right server. There was one called irc.stealth.****
(i dont remember what was in the ****) and it had a port number of 6668, whereas psypoke's is 6667.......
Could I please have some assistance? Thanks!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

The server you want is irc.kbfail.net on port 6667.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That's just it, Serpentsounds, when i put that into the search option for the server, it just doesn't show up..........

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

If you are unable to configure a standalone client on your own, there is always the option of using browser based IRC as I mentioned earlier:

Serpentsounds wrote:
You can join the chats using the java applet on any machine compatible with the JRE.

If you're still stuck, there are clients (such as the AJAX powered Mibbit) which require only javascript support, so basically anything can use it.

The Psypoke java applet is accessible here. The Mibbit client can be found here.

Though if you can get your client to work, they are usually much more customizable and convenient than browser based IRC.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you, Serpentsounds! I'm amazed that i just didnt even see the java applet on the page.......

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: none of your beeswax, because i am so mad at Swift for locking my account i am now a temporary dead
i am back. i forgive swift, i do not know what's a rule break, and what's not, because i'm new. i'm guessing mods here don't eat their newbies. i just wanted to put that out in the open.

VirusGroudon122

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

you forgive me for locking your thread?

:frustrated:

Your thread was locked because it broke the Game Corner Rules. Plain and simple. Being new is absolutely no excuse to not read Forum Rules or the Psypoke Forums FAQ. You are also expected to read the individual forum's rules, and be knowledgeable about these rules when posting. If you don't know what the rules are, that's your fault, not ours. You have no right to make us deal with your incompetence and stupidity.

Besides, if we let all new users get away with breaking the rules, what would be the point of the rules to begin with? That makes no sense. You're going to find that you're going to do a lot better in life by being knowledgeable, instead of being some ignorant dumbass.

If anything else, you shouldn't forgive me for anything; rather, you should be apologizing to us over your immature reaction to your game (to reiterate: against Game Corner rules) being locked. You seriously "left" because a single thread was locked? Wow. I'm seriously shocked and rather...how can I put it...

:frustrated:

P.S. You also made an off-topic post, which is...against the rules. >_<

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wow this forum is :censored: Sweet :D

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm trying to access the chatroom through a mac application called Colloquy, which I've used on esper and coldfront servers. I don't think I have any problem getting on your server, but the application wants a room name, both of which I thought came standard with IRC. Is there some sort of room name (designated by a # in front of it) that I can use to join?

P.S. Searching for rooms doesn't bring up anything, so I may just have to try a browser based... but reply if you think you have any idea of what I'm talking about =P

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

#psypoke is the room name. Is that what you were looking for?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Yes, the room name is #psypoke. I have updated the first post with this information; not sure why it wasn't there before. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Whenever I minimize the mIRC window the program disappears from the toolbar. Anyone else suffering this/know a solution? I'm running Windows 7.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next