It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Your rival = Giovanni's son? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

After reading some things up on Leafgreen and Firered, it seemed a bit obvious. Your rival is likely Giovanni's son.

A scientist in the Sevii Islands (I think) says that Giovanni's kid has red hair. Combine this with his hatred of Team Rocket, abuse of Pokemon, talk of weak and strong.

I know it's a bit of a stretch since he's not theo nly one with red hair, but it's something to think about isn't it?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I think this theory has been discussed before, arguments have been made both ways. I personally like to think he is Giovanni's son 'cause that's just cool. I'm actually kind of hoping that they might bring that up in HGSS, but I kind of doubt it.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ClUeLeSs wrote:
I'm actually kind of hoping that they might bring that up in HGSS, but I kind of doubt it.

I also hope that.
Maybe a storyline about Giovanni returns and reunites with your rival?

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

leilukin wrote:
ClUeLeSs wrote:
I'm actually kind of hoping that they might bring that up in HGSS, but I kind of doubt it.

I also hope that.
Maybe a storyline about Giovanni returns and reunites with your rival?

And, just like you had the Sevii Islands in Fire red and Leaf green, perhaps after you beat him or the executives, he takes over and you have to defeat him.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Seth Sandstorm wrote:
After reading some things up on Leafgreen and Firered, it seemed a bit obvious. Your rival is likely Giovanni's son.

A scientist in the Sevii Islands (I think) says that Giovanni's kid has red hair. Combine this with his hatred of Team Rocket, abuse of Pokemon, talk of weak and strong.

I know it's a bit of a stretch since he's not the only one with red hair, but it's something to think about isn't it?

5 island, Rocket warehouse, the last guy you battle there is that scientist. I don't think Giovanni HATES Team Rocket, but the GSC Rival talks like Paul (TV Series rival) and so does Giovanni, yes (rival's name) does have red hair, but the girl members of Team Rocket have red hair, but no person ever speaks of Giovanni except that Murkrow(?) in the Mahogany Town TC operation involving the Lake of Rage, with the final password.

HeartGold and SoulSilver aren't coming to GBA, are they? :frustrated:

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

LSA2013 wrote:

Of course not, that would be crazy. Its coming to the DS. It will have most of the same functions and features as the DPP series. Why would they ever release it to the GBA

Back on topic. That actually does seem like a really interesting theory. I wish I knew more about my rival in the game. In all the other series you know about your rival/rivals. Wally is a sick boy, your rival in DPP is the son of the Battle Tycoon. Gary is Oak's grandson. We never were really exposed to a story behind the rival from GSC.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

east.swk10 wrote:
LSA2013 wrote:

Of course not, that would be crazy. Its coming to the DS. It will have most of the same functions and features as the DPP series. Why would they ever release it to the GBA

Back on topic. That actually does seem like a really interesting theory. I wish I knew more about my rival in the game. In all the other series you know about your rival/rivals. Wally is a sick boy, your rival in DPP is the son of the Battle Tycoon. Gary is Oak's grandson. We never were really exposed to a story behind the rival from GSC.

Not to mention May (I think that's her name) who is also your rival, of sorts, in DPP who is the daughter of a researcher working for Dr. Birch.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Elaborating on May a little bit (even though I know it's off-topic), in the games it says that she is the daughter of Prof. Birch. In the anime, it says that she is the daughter of a researcher who works for Birch.

As for your rival, I would really be intrigued to find out the true story...

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]