It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 First Look at the Remakes 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokexa wrote:
I've just had a very hopeful thought: Do we actually know that it's just the starter that follows you around. if not then probably the one that's first in your party. That would be nice.

I highly doubt it, that would take at least over 4000 sprites to do. (600ish unique pokemon images * 4 directions * 2 for still and walk animations)

Tue May 26, 2009 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah that would be pretty hard to animate a whole crap load of pokemon sprites.

Tue May 26, 2009 5:43 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

It really isn't that hard. The overworld sprites are much smaller than the battle sprites, and they don't seem to mind redrawing and reanimation all of those battle sprites with each new game. Ignoring that, in the past, GameFreak themselves have already done the amount of sprite work necessary to have Pokemon overworld sprites in the Dungeon games. MasterChef's estimation is also inflated since there are only about 540, not 600, Pokemon with unique looks and they would only have to animate 3 walking directions because left and right would be exactly the same. They also have an entire art team and computers to help them. They could do it easily if they wanted to, but they probably don't.

Wed May 27, 2009 1:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sad to say but true we more than likely wont see the games in NA until next year but I have seen some more pictures on bulbapedia portraying the other two starters following the trainer and other things like slowpoke well. may not be a huge fan of the graphics style but seeing the pokemon follow around the trainer definitely brings back memories

Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, the game isn't out until November in Japan, so it makes sense that we won't see this game for another year or so (Europe and Australia most likely even longer.)

Fri May 29, 2009 11:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really hope we get it in the US by at least the first quarter of 2010. The game looks like it's gunna be really good, I can't wait cause like most Gen II was my favorite. I hope we get some more info soon.

Fri May 29, 2009 2:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i have been wanting a new GS remake. my internal battery died in silver and im to lazy to change it. i also like the idea of pokemon following you around and i think the unown puzzles are going to be really fun., and maybe the dogs will be easier to catch.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Fri May 29, 2009 4:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
i have been wanting a new GS remake. my internal battery died in silver and im to lazy to change it. i also like the idea of pokemon following you around and i think the unown puzzles are going to be really fun., and maybe the dogs will be easier to catch.

I understand my gold version did the same thing and I could never bring myself to tare appart the casing to change the battery and even after installing an emulator (just to be clear it is only legal if you own the game) on my laptop it just wasn't the same. Funny thing is I am going to get Soul Silver when it gets released in the U.S. (I guess it's time to see the differences for myself)

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hate the way the rival looks, I wish they would've changed that.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

can anyone send me the pic "lugia deep in the whirl island" from hg/ss? i love that pic. :D

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The screens and the video look adequate enough for the remake. I would've liked to see a graphics revamp of DPPt, but meh. It'll do.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A new video on the Official HGSS Website... http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/s ... movie.html

What do you think about the graphics ?

Things to discuss

- Golden trees in Eruteak
- The gym with lava
- The Pokemon using Hms

Anything you want !

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

IMO, The video makes the game look :censored: epic!

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dark Typhlosion wrote:

Things to discuss

- Golden trees in Eruteak
- The gym with lava
- The Pokemon using Hms

The Gym with Lava is probably Blackthorn Gym
Golden trees are probably just a really cool graphic
Probably just a new (easier) way of using HM's

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Amazingly, so far I have absolutely no problem with this game. It looks like it's going to be pretty sweet.
The only thing that really got me about the 2.5 graphics is when they do those "fly bys" in the opening, where they show the game from another angle just to show that the buildings are 3D. It makes the sprites and everything else look stupid. Rrrr-!

As far as the spriting, I don't think the question is how hard it will be for them to make the sprites; it's more of how much space that many extra sprites is going to take up in the game.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ryan_dan wrote:
Okay, this has gone far enough! I am utterly sick of this! I was going to be quiet, but I just can't take it anymore!

We don't need a Crystal remake! If they make one, I will utterly hate Nintendo forever, okay? We don't even need a Gold & Silver remake, especially me considering I caught all 492 without cheating. The only reasons why Nintendo made them damn things are for these 3 reasons alone IMHO:

1.) The fans demanded it (which is funny considering Nintendo never listened before now).
2.) Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh are WAY easier to obtain this way!
3.) Nintendo loves making money!

Okay, that is it. I demanded over and over for Nintendo to remake Gold and Silver. I will admit it! I sent them over 5 emails asking to remake the Johto region for the DS. So for those complaining that we should get a Crystal remake, SHUT THE :censored: UP! We are VERY VERY lucky that Nintendo listened enough to create HG and SS. We are truly fortunate that they took the time to listen to us and make these things. I am glad that they are doing this!

But seriously, Crystal remake? We are already getting Johto, so if a few story differences and the original female characer (which I personally like the new one better, and so does my wife) are your biggest gripes, then you are way too picky and way too demanding. Be happy that they actually listened to us for once. Get HeartGold or SoulSilver and make an effort to be content. I mean, hell I am.

-Ryan

Uh.. Nintendo could've had another reason to remake GSC because some of us Pokemon fans were either too young or were not even born during the GSC release.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4