It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Really wierd thing in Platinum [glitch?] 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, might as well start the first post here...

Okay, basically... i was sitting around in sunnyshore city... minding my own business, talking around and figuring stuff out... and i come across the daycare man. i talk to him and he tells me an egg was found with my pokemon. Relitively normal thing to hear after not playing a while right? So i go in to find out what 2 pokemon I put in there and find out they arent taking care of any of my pokemon... now im wondering what that old man was ranting about...

At this point i look in my party, and see only my Leafeon, my Shiny Umbreon, my Lucario, and my Shiny Giratina. no sign of any egg. shrugging this off, i run around for a bit just.... looking around for no apperant reason when im suddenly stoped by something hatching. well i see this little thing on my screen and THIS pops out...

Im a bit bewildered by this thing. Now, decide not to name it, and figure out what it is... when i check my party, its not there... just my 4 regular pokemon...

[to answer this question beforehand i dumped my cartridge to the PC because I lack an action replay and thats how i got the screenshot...]

Okay, my question is this... WHAT is that thing. how did it get there, and WHY?

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You found the daycare man in Sunyshore?

Anyway, I've heard that happens when you force breed two otherwise incompatible Pokemon. You didn't, so it must have been random.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Looks a lot like that thing you get when you do the double battle with only one Pokemon (does that make any sense?) It could be Platinum's version of the Bad Egg.

Did you save your game after that thing hatched?

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd consider it a glitch. Did you ever give any Pokemon to the Daycare Man? I agree, it could be something similar to a bad egg. Were you using an AR anytime before this?

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Reminds me of when i used to many misingos in my red version, it could easily be from a hack or your game could have started to become corrupt.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]