It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 "Instability" of RBYG 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, have you ever noticed the fact that RBYG had so many glitches in it that it's kind of an "unstable" game? I'm not trying to insult the originals, nor was game programming/bug-fixing wasn't at its greatest in the '90's, but seriously!

~Mudkipninja

Sat May 30, 2009 8:27 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sure, the glitches were there, but the game only really gets unstable if you use the glitches wrongly. For instance, catching Missingno would mess up your game data. As such, you might want to clarify what exactly you mean by "unstable" :wink:

Sat May 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To be honest I don't remember any of my games ever glitching, though I'm aware there are a few in the game.

Sun May 31, 2009 10:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The game only glitches if you TRY to make it glitch.
Or if you're extremely unlucky and decide to talk to a certain old man, then trade on a certain coast.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not sure if you can call RBY unstable, but it could easily be manifested to be glitchy, yes. There were alot of infamous glitches out there, and it made it seem unstable, but like was said, you had to make it unstable. I believe they were physically unstable because I was playing Pokemon Stadium today with my Red cartrige inserted and when I went to save, I bumped my controller with my knee and my file was destroyed. But that's because of looseness in the controller most likely. Could they have been more "stable"? sure.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Red and Blue are two of the glitchiest video games ever produced. I mean, come on, there are huge glitches that can ruin your game and that became so well-known to the public that Nintendo actually had to ACKNOWLEDGE them in their media. There are also so many moves that don't work correctly. Here are just a few examples of how messed up R/B really are:

OVERWORLD
-Missingno. and 'M, enough said.
-Teru-sama, the item version of Missingno.
-Being able to encounter Level 255 Pokemon as a result of the Missingno. glitch.
-Being able to duplicate the sixth item in your inventory 100 times because of the Missingno. glitch.
-Being able to access an invisible PC in the Celadon hotel's lobby.
-Being able to fish by facing a statue, such as the ones found in Pokemon Gyms, and using your Rods.
-The Mew glitch, which not only allows you to potentially capture any Pokemon in the game, including MissingNo. and 'M, but also then-secret Mew.
-Being able to catch Pokemon from the Safari Zone by going to Seafoam or Cinnabar immediately after and surfing up and down the shore.

MOVES
-Focus Energy actually reduces your chance to get a Critical Hit.
-Swift can actually miss because of the game's accuracy formula.
-Rest, Recover and Softboiled can fail if the user has a certain amount of HP left.
-Psychic-type Pokemon are actually immune to Ghost-type attacks (i.e. Lick).
-Seismic Toss hits Ghost Pokemon. Night Shade hits Normal Pokemon.
-If used in conjunction, Leech Seed's damage will double according to Toxic's.
-Haze inexplicably removes your opponent's status effects (i.e. burn, freeze, etc.).
-Hyper Beam magically doesn't need to recharge if it missed or KOs its opponent.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

TMs, items, or pretty much any name programmed in the game can be used as attacks by yourself or by an opponent. Ditto is the only known Pokemon that can do this, but the glitch trainers encountered on the side of Cinnabar Island can do it too.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Not to mention that way too many people's team consists of Alakazam/Slowbro/Exeggutor/Chansey/Rhydon/Gengar or something. The battle system is unbalanced as well, since certain Pokemon basically rule.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, Azelf, that doesn't speak to the "instability" of RBY, that speaks to the battle interface not balancing correctly. If there are people who make that team, it's their choice, and in RBY that team is really good...

Anyways, it's not stable because of how certain moves didn't work the right way. People can choose to avoid glitches if they wanted to...

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love those RBY glitches!
Of course it does seem like cheating when you battle with Lv 255 Snorlaxs.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It is a very unstable game. I guess they made the game and then were like "okay, let's see how this goes, and we will learn from trial and error".

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well they are the first pokemon games and they were pretty complex for then. 151 pokemon, citys and moves, items and a story etc. They had alot of info and bugs don't come out unless oyu make them happen and the mew glicth wasn't discovered until 2000....soooo i say were all good here.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I remember battling Blaine whilst trying to duplicate my items on the Cinnabar coast! he was easy enough to beat, but then his overworld sprite appeared on the roof of the gym! It was a shock, but at the time I clearly remember thinking it was all intentional, because some bitch in that town had described him as "odd," so I thought it was an Easter egg or something. did anyone else battle Blaine? or did I just make this up on the spot just then :?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I remember battling Blaine whilst trying to duplicate my items on the Cinnabar coast! he was easy enough to beat, but then his overworld sprite appeared on the roof of the gym! It was a shock, but at the time I clearly remember thinking it was all intentional, because some bitch in that town had described him as "odd," so I thought it was an Easter egg or something. did anyone else battle Blaine? or did I just make this up on the spot just then :?

I've heard of that glitch before, so no, you didn't imagine it. Well, I only had yellow, so they'd ironed out most of the glitches by the time I got into it. The mew glitch was still there however, since they didn't figure that one out until the early 00's, and personally, I liked that glitch. It let me get all the pokemon I couldn't get without trading like Gengar, Golem, the other fossil pokemon, the other hitmon, and a Mr. Mime with no nickname (a big thing for me).

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I never found the game unstable due to the fact that I NEVER encountered any of the glitches in the games.

(I first read about all this Missingno., Mew, and Glitch City stuff long after I lost Red.)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I SENSE NECROMANCY!

and i have never run into those glitches except the hyper beam and mew one but i didnt really care :P

It's still one of the best games of all time.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Even if this game is so unstable, it showed America the world of Pokemon. Would you rather not have the games released? Besides, some of the glitches added adventure, challenge,secrets.

BEAST MODE

#E3CF57 reference ;]

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once again, you have to find most of these glitches. It's not really that unstable when you're just normally playing through the game (which you're kinda supposed to do anyway).

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Gallade Roxas wrote:
Once again, you have to find most of these glitches. It's not really that unstable when you're just normally playing through the game (which you're kinda supposed to do anyway).

This explains why I have never fun into a single one of these glitches, ok...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]