It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 You are probably going to buy the remakes. Admit why here. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's a must have for me. I reckon it's going to be about 2 years before the UK version gets released. Similar wait from D/P to Platinum.
Will be in need of a new Pokemon game by then.
Played the original and seem to remember it being black and white? That and all your Pokemon were stuck unable to move to RSE.
Roll on 2011 :D

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

dee66 um D/P and platinum came like 8 months after in japan in the uk so i dont think we'll have to wait that long. but i must agree it is a must have! =)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Because I used to play gold ALL THE TIME when I was a kid. And the thought of a remake just blows my mind.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Because GSC is probably my all-time favorite video game.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have the original Gold version, and now that they have the remakes on the way i want to see what is different and experience the game in a new way.

the only thing i am bummed about is that the y probably wont have the cloning cheat they had in the original games.

that cheat was so easy >_<

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokewalk is the reason why I'm going to actually pay for it.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The nostalgia factor. G/S was my favorite Generation along with my favorite starters, favorite gym leaders... The only thing I'll miss is some of the newer Pokemon, especially the Ralts evolutions and Milotic. But otherwise, I'm already sold on this game.

Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am going to get them because I never played GSC, so for me are like new games.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Living Arrow wrote:
Because addiction is an ugly thing that forces my hand each time a new game comes out? :P

Haha, I couldn't relate more to that statement. Whenever a Pokemon game comes out I have to buy it. Plus I also have to be the additional version even though that games are virtually the same except for version exclusives. Its an obsession and addiction.

Aside from those reasons, I also want to fill out my Pokedex in Platinum. I've NEVER EVER finished a Pokedex in any of my Pokemon games. I've never been that dedicated before. This time though I really wanna do it so I can finally say that I was able to complete the Pokedex.

Also, GSC were great games, but I don't remember much from them. I'm excited for the enhancement in graphics, and little changes to games always excite me a little, even if they are small changes.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, it's a Pokemon game, and I'm pretty obsessed with Pokemon.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just can't wait to see the updated Gym Leaders. The Kanto Leaders will (hopefully) look pretty legit.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am going to buy SoulSilver simply so that I can honestly say that I can catch any Pokemon from their native region. In the GBA slot, I can catch pokemon from Hoenn, Kanto and Sevii Islands. In the DS slot I can catch pokemon from Sinnoh and Johto. If you think about it, using a DS or DS lite enables you to bring all the generations together. This is why I also am against the DSi for removing the GBA slot, considering backward compatability is what made Nintendo handhelds popular in the first place! But yeah, I have begged and pleaded to Nintendo through many emails asking them to remake the games. Since they have answered my request, it would be very hypocritical to not buy one.

I am also buying HeartGold for my wife.

-Ryan

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Since I enjoyed the GSC so much. It's defiantly worth to have a glimpse of the remake! Finally, a remake that isn't Shiny Gold. lol

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Its simple, my silver doesnt work anymore and i really, really, really wanna play it again :frustrated:

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My brother had silver, so I'll probably get that. I liked that series, and the locations - especially the Ruins of Alph, for some reason.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Frost wrote:
Because my copies of Gold, Silver and Crystal still work, and I can change their batteries and not lose my file due to Monster Brain, the only reasons I have to look forward to these games are ones that are NOT provided by the original games. There are actually a few but they aren't enough to entice me to spend $35 on a new game, particularly because most of the reasons have nothing to do with actually acquiring the remakes. "

Frost, looks like you're the lucky one. Both my Crystal and Silver do not save anymore. They will allow me to "save", but not access the data when the game is turned back on. Personally, I think I will buy the remakes because Jhoto was my favorite region and had my favorite group of then-new Pokemon. Plus I was most into Pokemon when the games were out. Overall, I'll be purchasing these games because, for me, its like a nervous reaction. "Ohmygodanewpokemongameihavetobuyitwhenitcomesout." That right there is my my brain proccesses new games.

you rage for no reason because you have no reason

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I'll get the game just to see the improved graphics. From what I've seen from pre-release pictures, the graphics look much better even than Platinum. Also, I'd like to see all the new features, like the Pokéwalker, the starter following you, Shinto Ruins, etc. I just hope the gym leaders are stronger and that Kanto is actually worth playing through.
Johto was the best region EVER. I can't wait until it comes out in America.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well mainly because the second generation was my favorite but thats not the only reason. I think that having your pokemon follow you around is awesome, and there are a lot of additions to the originals.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would get it in a heartbeat! Johto was my favorite region(you could get gastly early in the game) and had pretty cool music, especially dragons den! also i get them to complete my collection of pokemon games.

Although im not sure i will enjoy as much in the orginals. I hated firered and leafgreen for unknown reasons. I hope that doesn't happen to me while i'll play the HG and SS.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, the topic for getting your hopes up is gone apparently so I think this is the best place to talk about it.

What I really want in HGSS is a few things:

1.) Bring Pokemon trhough the GBA slot of a DS or DS lite (I think that they are uring people to get DSi's but I hope they don't mean to cut off the older version of the system entirely)
2.) Have Multi-Battles over the wi-fi, not just one person vs one person. Or if they can't do that, then make something that sets the levels of everyone's pokemon to a certain level so that you don't have to all be at the same level to expereince fair play in the colosseum of the pokemon center.
3.) On the topic of the colosseum, allow players to look like other trainers when you battle them. It can be kind of annoying to see a person who looks just like you when battling your friend. I think that appearing as the trainer you are in the game during a wireless battle against someone you know should be a choice, not a requiremnt.
4.) The most important one of all, bring some freaking matchmaking to the Wi-fi! I want to be able to battle random people on the internet. And not just the strongest ones being controlled by the game's AI, like at the Battle Frontier! Also, if we get matchmaking, then being able to talk to our random opponents would be nice as well with the mic that comes with the DS system.

There, I've said all I want to say.

-Ryan

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I will buy these games 100%. No doubt about it.
Years ago when they made the Gem generation of games and remade the Colours generation in the same style, I was silently begging them to make a remake of the Metallic generation of games because they were my absolute FAVORITE version of Pokemon. I have the fondest memories playing all three games and the pokemon were so exciting at the time (and still are now).
I am so excited for this to come out! 8D
SoulSilver FTW!!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Simple. I've never played Gold, Silver or Crystal versions before. :)

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ive allways been a pokefan since i was a kid and i had the fondest memory of ditchinng my starter 4 a syther and making it a scizor not to mention 3 legend dogs

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gold and Silver were the best pokemon games ever made. It's only obvious that we buy the remakes. I'm getting SoulSilver

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Johto at the moment......but i am planning on a trip to Hoenn to get meeself a absol.
i am definately getting them for many reasons,first of all, crystal was the very first pokemon game i played and is to this day my favorite. Also i am looking forward to having ampharos on my team. Finally, I love bayleef!

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next