It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Is pokemon still recognizable in general media? 

Yes 100%  100%  [ 5 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know pokemon is not winding down, but it seems everyone outside the video game community think pokemon is dead. If you agree with me, why do you think this is and do you really think this contributes to the"poke hatas". I do, but I want to know what you think. I'm also obviously talking outside Japan.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I believe thats its iffy....but leaning more towards the no side. It for sure isn't as hot as it once was ten or so years ago

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

It's as recognizable to general public as any other established video game franchise. The games are obviously successful because they sell millions of copies and come with their own promotions like events, giveaways and tournaments. The TCG still gets promotion through tournaments and TV commercials. People still watch the anime, still watch the movies, still buy DVD sets and movies, still buy the cards, still buy the games, still see toys and plushies in the stores, etc. And it's still popular enough they did start releasing Pokemon manga in the U.S. again after originally stopping.

Yeah, it's 2009 now and Pokemon is no longer a super fad that you encounter every time you step outside, where you'd see Pikachu or Piplup on every kid's book bag, pencil or toothbrush, but for a video game series it's still incredibly popular and present in a pop culture sense. If Pokemon isn't recognizable to the general media, then video games in general aren't recognizable because it's the #2 franchise from the #1 video game company in today's market. And it has so many other facets than just the video games to help it stay in the public eye compared to its contemporaries.

KNOW THAT.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
It's as recognizable to general public as any other established video game franchise. The games are obviously successful because they sell millions of copies and come with their own promotions like events, giveaways and tournaments. The TCG still gets promotion through tournaments and TV commercials. People still watch the anime, still watch the movies, still buy DVD sets and movies, still buy the cards, still buy the games, still see toys and plushies in the stores, etc. And it's still popular enough they did start releasing Pokemon manga in the U.S. again after originally stopping.

Yeah, it's 2009 now and Pokemon is no longer a super fad that you encounter every time you step outside, where you'd see Pikachu or Piplup on every kid's book bag, pencil or toothbrush, but for a video game series it's still incredibly popular and present in a pop culture sense. If Pokemon isn't recognizable to the general media, then video games in general aren't recognizable because it's the #2 franchise from the #1 video game company in today's market. And it has so many other facets than just the video games to help it stay in the public eye compared to its contemporaries.

KNOW THAT.

All that is very true. Especially the super fad part. We forget that Pokemon began and grew at a rate that most franchises only DREAM about doing.
Pokemon is still highly recognizable. Man, Frost, you know your facts

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]